Straight Sets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straight Sets?

I was reading the DC training and on some of them, he just says a straight set. So does that mean, you do just 1 straight set then go on to the next exercise? And you don't do no warm-up-type sets right?
    I'm still confused.
    "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." -Romans 12:19-

BREAKING NEWS: Scientists have recently discovered that eating whole foods, such as fruit and vegetables may actually be good for your health.

SGU_Lt. Vue, You are correct you are confused, just kidding, if that exercise is to be straight setted out you still do your warm up sets then go for one brutal straight set...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

You could do straight sets if you're just starting and haven't yet progressed to rest pause. Otherwise you just do them for things like squats, deads, rows etc.
      Ain't Nuttin to it, but to do it!

True Protein- The Best!

TRUE PROTEIN DISCOUNT CODE: JER621

:grumpy:

Comment

Forearms, too. You wouldn't really think you'd straight set forearms, but you do. And goddamn are they painful once you find your weight niche and fail at 15 reps *what most of us aim for*
        Allen

Comment

Oh.....ok, I get it now. Thanks. So, since I'm just starting, I should just go ahead and do straight sets then?
          "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." -Romans 12:19-

BREAKING NEWS: Scientists have recently discovered that eating whole foods, such as fruit and vegetables may actually be good for your health.

Comment

DEpends on recovery ability. Some trainees that don't have such a great recovery ability tend to overtrain if they incorporate rest/pause and statics. Straight sets for now would be a good idea until you can see how well your body responds to it.
            Allen

Comment

Working...
            X