hey DC, remember this guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey DC, remember this guy?

I was reading some excerpts from CFP and came across this. Do u remember him?

Copa was a tough one for me training wise at first. He is somewhat endomorphic as stated yet his goal was to make an impact as a lightheavy. At 5'7" 205 offseason that would of made him a middle of the class middleweight. So the dilemna was do I take him down to 185-190lbs or so and then try to bring him up at 8-12 percent bodyfat with alot of treadmill work? Or should we go into muscle accumalation fast track mode and get him up to the top of the lightheavies as quickly as possible? I asked him this and he said "lets get this freight train rolling"--so we are trying to keep his bodyfat the exact same and get him up to 240lbs as quick as humanly possible. And then we will decide to maybe make the jump to 250-260lbs or lean him out a little bit and bring him up with some more treadmill work. That would make him a (actually 5'6" 3/4) 195-198lb lightheavy who will do some major damage. Copa has a set of wheels on him that arent going to make any other competitors want to trade leg shots with him any time soon. I dont think he realizes how good he is going to be in a show which is a trait of humbleness I like to see in bodybuilding. Like Coastal and kjigga this guy can put the food down the hatch. Guys like that make my job easy--I just jump start the car and get it moving and they keep pouring gas in the tank. The only problem i forsee with Copa is keeping him in the lightheavies as we might end up having to lose 10lbs of muscle (if he tops out at 255-260) to make those 198's.

I am unclear what u decided to do. Did he do cardio in the mornings to keep bf% down or go all out and worry about it later?
    Follow your dreams but dont let your life become one.
    -Vander V

I think Copa went to the Phillipines but we went all out for awhile to keep building muscle mass--before he left and I lost contact with him---I think i would do things even differently with him now--with no carbs taken in at all during the week except postworkout and a 2-3 meal shitload done on saturday morning with him (to keep thyroid activity in check) ---he always would have trouble with the smallest bit of carbs (endomorph) so he and I had to really watch him closely to keep bodyfat the same while putting on muscle---- but he put on some pretty awesome muscle size in the time i trained him--theres a back shot of him floating around somewhere on a board where you can see how thick he got
    @dante_trudel

Comment

I think i am in about the same boat. I glad to hear you say that about how u would do it differently, because that it sxactly what i have planned after my show. I am gonna be bustin my arse in summer school and will have to cut back on gym time so i am gonna give DC a whirl. I firmly beleive in the principles and the reasoning. I have beena long time believer in in the Big beyond belief system by Costa and platz. But the way u have it set up appears to be much more effective and easier to tweak.

Do u have any other reccomedations as far as bulking coming out of contest mode? I was thinking to only up cals by 500 or so at first since i will have cut out cardio and cut back on training. I will also have to be tapering off of clen and t/3. Do u advise i still do cardio 3 times a week at first? then if i dont progress like i know i should i can drop it out? or wait to add in WHEN bf becomes an issue? i say when cause its bound to happen.
      -Vander V

Comment

Byrd!

How'd you do in your show?...

-Randy
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

it is this sat. the 8th
          -Vander V

Comment

Working...
          X