ground beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ground beef

during the "bulking cycle" most people have tried be4 DC taining, i think most recommended LEAN ground beef.
    with DC training, is that still true or are burgers form say HArdee's fine(if later meal, remove bread, if earlier maybe throw dem bad boys on wheat bread instead?)

i have read the nutrition facts on these type of burgers & other than the protein count, the rest of the stats are terrible.

so, is regular ground beef fine anytime during the day or does it need to be of a leaner kind instead?

With the ground beef, if I am eating carbs with it, I eat it rinsed off, which removes about 80% of the fat.

But, on times, I go to wendy's and Get A Classic TRiple with Double the Meat, so that's 6 1/4lb patties on one bun. That's some good eats, I just make sure it's early in the day.
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM
    --THE BEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS FOR THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES

Comment

wtf getoboy !!! thats a whole lotta meat,, they got this place down in lake forest called fuddruckers,, every chance i get ill eat the 1lb burger with fries and ill almost be throwing up at the last bite..
      "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

mobsta, I will go to MD's and eat 6 or 8 double cheeseburgers or 10 or 12 cheeseburgers, or Wendy's and have 3 doubles with cheese and 2 chicken clubs, or hey go to Claim Jumper on Alton and Jeffery in Irvine, I like it there, you can order like three meals and they give you some food.

I like to do like babygetofreak and make 2 lbs 7% fat hamburger that I get form Stater Bros, Market, cook it and rinse it then I add 6 or 8 oz non-fat cheese, yum.

If you eat burgers, eat as many as you can, then if you are still hungry eat some fries, but I go for the meat instead...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

so, bodyfat will not go up eating these burgers?

Comment

GS67, Surgeon Generals Warning and of course DC's warning, "Do Not Eat Like Me", you will be a pig, got it...
            "That damn log book"

Comment

Hi, new member here

Anyways, I'm one of DC's trainees and gotta say I found a pretty efficient way of making 5lb batches of cooked ground beef. I buy the 80-85% lean beef chubs and boil 4-5lb at a time in a pot of water. When I put the meat into the pot and fill the pot with water, I break up the beef so that the pieces become slurry-like which allows for any intersticial fat to melt more readily when the water boils. The homogenous heat gradient in a pot of boiling water is superior to that found in a cooking pan full of beef. I cook the stuff for 45 min on a medium flame, and ALL the fat rises to the top. Then, I prep a metal mesh strainer placed in a smaller pot in the sink and dump the meat into it and go through 5-10 wash cycles. I know all the fat has been washed out when residual drip water has no fat globules in it. Pretty easy way of making mass quanitities of meat if you're really busy.

advantages:
              1.highthroughput
              2. does not require your presence by the stove
              3. awesome way of getting rid of all the fat from the beef.
              "Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells 'CAN'T", but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can'. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."
              - Unknown

Comment

I do the exact same thing Topolm, but usually with 10lbs of beef or so. Works excellent.
                TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

Originally posted by topolm

advantages:
                  1.highthroughput
                  2. does not require your presence by the stove
                  3. awesome way of getting rid of all the fat from the beef.
                  4. High % yield, as well.

How does it taste?... You don't get all the nasty crap from the grill on there, which, in my experience, is what makes a burger taste like a burger...

-Randy
                  The Book Has Arrived!
                  The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                  2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                  2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                    mobsta, I will go to MD's and eat 6 or 8 double cheeseburgers or 10 or 12 cheeseburgers, or Wendy's and have 3 doubles with cheese and 2 chicken clubs, or hey go to Claim Jumper on Alton and Jeffery in Irvine, I like it there, you can order like three meals and they give you some food.
                    Ah, memories. There was a time a few years back when I lived near a Wendy's when I used to go in for 2 triple bacon cheeseburgers, large fries and a large Frosty...

Sloooppppppyyy ass meal, but damn good.

That was cool - I just went to Wendys.com and calculated: 3000 kcal and 150 g or protein. Hmmmm...

-Randy
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Well, a burger is a burger, ya cant compare a burger in patty form with spices etc cooked on a grill to broken up ground beef. The burger is gonna be yummier any day, BUT, I usually go through 5 bottles of tobasco brand Chipotle hot sauce a week and use it as a condiment on the ground beef. It goes down pretty easy.

Originally posted by homonunculus
                      4. High % yield, as well.

How does it taste?... You don't get all the nasty crap from the grill on there, which, in my experience, is what makes a burger taste like a burger...

-Randy
                      Last edited by topolm; 05-02-2004, 11:48 AM.
                      "Your biggest challenge isn't someone else. It's the ache in your lungs and the burning in your legs, and the voice inside you that yells 'CAN'T", but you don't listen. You just push harder. And then you hear the voice whisper 'can'. And you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."
                      - Unknown

Comment

I usually mix up a pound of it pre-cooked, some minute brown rice, and a can of chunky soup. Great meal.
                        TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

Dammit guys, knock it off, all I have is this 21 oz steak to eat, so quit making me hungry...
                          "That damn log book"

Comment

I'm drooling too.
                            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Man...I just can't do fast food. That stuff is the bottom of the barrel, lol.
                              I just do a full pound burger on the grill or 1.5 lb sirloin...now we are talkin!!
                              [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                              Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Working...
                              X