X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rowtogrow
    replied
    Originally posted by bigp3
    I cant count how many people I saw launched from the tredmill,,,,, and you are right it is wrong but I laughed my ass off ever time.
    bigp3 I too have seen this many times and I'm a point and laugh guy

Nothing's better then a primped up girl with a crap load of makeup and perfect hair get thrown from a treadmill.

Leave a comment:

• BigLimb
    replied
    Man that is my worst nightmare -- being thrown from the treadmill! When I go to the cardio room I always stick with the elypticals -- just in case.

Leave a comment:

• Creator_11
    replied
    Originally posted by The Munster
    I've seen people get thrown off treadmills too. It's both funny and not funny at the same time. You immediately laugh, then stop laughing because it's not right to laugh at them, then you can't help but laugh some more.
    Did any of you guys see the boys fo Jackass, Bam, Steve-o and I think Jonny turn the treadmills in the gym into human shooting machines.

Leave a comment:

• bad bad leroy b
    replied
    Flat benching is for sisses...lol

Leave a comment:

• KillerStack
    replied
    Originally posted by TooPowerful4u
    Im curious also. What is wrong with flat bench. Im not questioning your knowledge, just lookin to gain some.
    It's because most bench with their elbows out.The tension on the tendon is just too great.If you look at the Hammer pieces the handles are angled - this forces you to keep your elbows closer to your body (of course this reduces the tension on the pecs but also reduces injury risk).

Incidentally,I had a major pec tear doing incline benches on the SMITH machine.Thing was I was using a fairly wide grip and lower high up on my chest - forcing my elbows out.I never thought it would happen because I was doing a set of about 12 reps.

So,if you want to reduce injury risk to you pecs,don't angle the elbows out all the way,especially don't reverse the motion quickly at the bottom if you go wide grip,elbows out style.Not going all the way down may be a good idea as well.

Leave a comment:

• MsteveM
    replied
    lol.. i cant wait for the day that i get to watch someone get launched off the treadmill! and dc i didnt even think you would let any of us flat bench as much as you dislike it - but thats his own dumb fault if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• bigp3
    replied
    I cant count how many people I saw launched from the tredmill,,,,, and you are right it is wrong but I laughed my ass off ever time.

Leave a comment:

• The Munster
    replied
    Originally posted by bigp3
    I worked in a gym all through college a little over 4 years and I can't count how many pec tears I saw. There was this massive power lifter in my gym a 550lb + bencher who tore his pec warming up with 225. The second most common thing I saw was people flying off of tredmills,,,,, LOL Don't ask!!
    I've seen people get thrown off treadmills too. It's both funny and not funny at the same time. You immediately laugh, then stop laughing because it's not right to laugh at them, then you can't help but laugh some more.

Leave a comment:

• bigp3
    replied
    I worked in a gym all through college a little over 4 years and I can't count how many pec tears I saw. There was this massive power lifter in my gym a 550lb + bencher who tore his pec warming up with 225. The second most common thing I saw was people flying off of tredmills,,,,, LOL Don't ask!!

Leave a comment:

• rippedchef
    replied
    Is this a rhetorical question?-I mean,damn if your actually gonna train,eat and cycle DC seems like you'd follow some simple directions-Hell my training partner wouldn't let me add a 2 1/2 pound plate last workout cuz he insisted I didn't end on the negative on the last 3-actually wrote it in his log the freak-talk about following something to a "T" geez....He'd probably knock me out if I even sat on a flat bench :Punch: PS-ya gotta love the sick bastard

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Doggcrapp
    Could the accidents caused by the "what do you bench" syndrome, and similar ones, be preserved by the consequent use of PowerRacks, starting from and ending at the catcher-level?

Leave a comment:

• USMuscle9403
    replied
    I'd do Incline DB myself, maybe Decline.

Leave a comment:

• rackitup
    replied
    Yes naturally I also feel it in my shoulders also, so incline "high" would be 30 degrees.

If i was to do dips for chest, 30 degree incline, what would you choose for the 3rd exercise? Slight incline or decline? as in 5degrees or so? Thanks

RKP

Leave a comment:

• USMuscle9403
    replied
    rackitup - What degree incline do you mean when you say 'high incline'? Personally, I don't go above 30 degrees as I feel that anything above that *the popular 45 degrees* places too much emphasis on my delts.
    Allen

Leave a comment:

• rackitup
    replied
    Ok so Im going to get rid of flat barbell and do:

Chest Dips (as opposed to decline AT THE MOMENT), slight decline smythe, and High Incline smythe. This should deal with ALL my chest, yup?? (I have very limited machines)

Wow its amazing how benching became one of the "big three"!!

I believe in the olden days the phrase "How much you press?", which has changed to "How much you bench?", originally referred to overhead pressing :p
    RKP
    Last edited by rackitup; 04-30-2004, 04:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X