Back Thickness sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Thickness sets

I looked all around and couldnt find an answer. For the back thickness exercises, how do the sets work? After the warm-ups you do the set of 6-9, then wait how long to do the 10-12? And thats the same weight right? Also, how long in between warm-ups? 60secs? Just want to make sure I know exactly how to do this all before I start. Thanks for any help.
    Please use my discount code:EKZ888

here let me put it in simple terms

do 2 sets, one heavy and one really heavy

the heavy one will be slightly higher reps than the really heavy one obviously

you take as much rest as you need between the sets

the heavy set put it in the range of 9 to 15 reps probably

the really heavy set put in the range of 6 to 10 reps probably

Dont worry about whether your going to put on 28LBS of muscle mass this year if you always do 10 reps in a set instead of 8 reps in a set, it really doesnt matter....what matters is that you are progressive and the next workout beats the previous workout of the same kind....

On a side note if we ever removed the worry guys in this forum have about "whether 2 reps either way is going to make a huge difference" we would be 100 steps ahead of the game.

Do you really think if you floor deadlift 250x8 and it keeps increasing all year long until your doing 520x8

that there is going to be any signifigant difference if you can do

250x11 now and a year from now your doing 520x11?

You guys really worrying night and day about "oh god am i in the right rep range, maybe if i move it up 2 reps or down 2 reps MAGIC WILL HAPPEN!!!"

Think IT OUT-OK ARE WE ON THE SAME PAGE NOW?---BEAT THE DAMN LOGBOOK!
    @dante_trudel

Comment

Good post dante,

I have to do 1x15, then a heavier 1x10 for floor and rack deads to keep things moving becuase i injured my hamstring in january.

Originally posted by Doggcrapp

Dont worry about whether your going to put on 28LBS of muscle mass this year if you always do 10 reps in a set instead of 8 reps in a set, it really doesnt matter....what matters is that you are progressive and the next workout beats the previous workout of the same kind....

On a side note if we ever removed the worry guys in this forum have about "whether 2 reps either way is going to make a huge difference" we would be 100 steps ahead of the game.

Do you really think if you floor deadlift 250x8 and it keeps increasing all year long until your doing 520x8

You guys really worrying night and day about "oh god am i in the right rep range, maybe if i move it up 2 reps or down 2 reps MAGIC WILL HAPPEN!!!"

[http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
      Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Hey Dante....I am new to DC training and I think the reason we worry night and day about do it correctly is that the style is soooooo different from what anyone is used too. So we don't know if there is margin for error or not.

Thanks for the insights and help along the way...us newbies really appreciate your patients.

Comment

Hey Dante is this something new that you are recomending with the 2 sets for back thickness I thought it was only for deads.

Or are rows still only 1 set of 12.

Comment

Hey Dante is this something new that you are recomending with the 2 sets for back thickness I thought it was only for deads.

Or are rows still only 1 set of 12.
            HOLY CRAP, more work LOL HE's TRYING TO KILL US
            Just Paying My Dues
            RIP Iron Addict
            Max squat 570
            max box squat 525
            Max dead 585
            max floor press 380

All these above numbers will be crushed. I promise

Comment

Honestly i kind of go by the person in deciding that--(sometimes I dont like to deal with guys who say "is that enough?" so i just set it up that way)....some guys I know have that serious bulldog mentality and one all out set gets it done.....its kind of up to you also (which is another way of me saying, "no it will not be the difference between gaining and not gaining 25lbs of muscle this next year")

Then there are guys like RWS who will try to deadlift a Buick Rivera 11 times if I dont put a leash on him, so alot of time I try to tire him out a little before his really heavy set
              Last edited by Doggcrapp; 08-21-2006, 04:25 PM.
              @dante_trudel

Comment

Then there are guys like RWS who will try to deadlift a Buick Rivera 11 times if I dont put a leash on him, so alot of time I try to tire him out a little before his really heavy set
                Yeah. You're right about that but what most people don't know is that RWS has problems.....

HE ain't right....... In the head!

Comment

Ya'll are funny! Buick Rivera! Not right in the head...

Is that a pre 1970 model?

Just kidding!

SC1
                  Meeting force with force leads to escalation, blending with force builds alliances.

For a 5% discount on the best protein on the planet go to http://www.trueprotein.com -the highest quality at the rock bottom lowest price and use discount code: jhx455

Like you guys didn't already know that!

Comment

Try????? The leash just broke!!!
                    Through adversity, there is redemption... Fear is Failure...

Comment

Hey Dante I noticed in an earlier post you mentioned that u train each person differently taking previous injuries into consideration. How would you tell someone with chronic low back pain to train on back thickness exercises?

Thanks a lot man . .
                      "God has a plan for each and every one of us, all we need to do is keep the faith and accept our calling"

-Ronnie Coleman 2007 Mr. Olympia Farewell Speech

Comment

What exactly are his injuries?
                        @dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by rws View Post
                          Try????? The leash just broke!!!
                          Ah, hell.

Time to pick up another one of these from the harbor, then.

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu...erry_chain.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post

No matter how many times the gist of this is explained, I always get a big kick out of reading it.

Comment

i'd rather be a little more stress free and deadlifting 520x8...

...than stressing hardcore about if i should be deadlifting 520x11 and having 0.9583745 ounces more of muscle than if i just quit worrying and did the 520x8 and been satisfied with just beating last workout and being stress free and a balanced, happy human being (that isn't worrying about things in life that really don't matter (yes, whether or not you should be lifting 2 reps more than you currently doesn't mean anything, in the grand scheme of things, sorry to break it to you.)
                              Just because im sick of typing this over and over again, i'll just put this in my sig:
                              Just train heavier than last time, eat alot of food with protein being priority, rest easy, and leave it alone. It ain't rocket science, and it doesn't need to become rocket science!

Comment

Working...
                              X