Upset!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upset!!!

I'm not sure if this is the right venue for this, but I am so upset I don't care.:mad2:
    This just came in from former pro bodybuilder, Joe Meeko:

To be honest with you. I knew Mike and stayed with him in Calif. For a time. He never even used the training methods he described and sold through mail order. He was making up to $7,000 per week selling that idea - and that was 25 years ago (that's allot of bucks for back then) and even now!

To say I am furious is an under-statement! :frusty:

Already, a good friend had told me he saw Mike using 12+ sets per bodypart, and when he challenged Mike he said he was burning some extra calories, and blew him off. But now it is confirmed, I am deeply upset as I trusted that man throughout my life, and now I feel completely duped!
    No-one trains HARDER!!

Did the the program work for you?

Comment

Initially -- YES! But I can't say as much in my latter years, despite being one of Mike's phone consult clients. It just annoys me I trusted the man and loved him like a Brother. Mine was one of the last emails he read before he passed away, confirmed by Joanne Sharkey. I was upset and couldn't talk about his death for two whole weeks, not even to my wife! Now this!!!
      No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lifter
        I'm not sure if this is the right venue for this, but I am so upset I don't care.:mad2:
        T
        The Dogg Pound
        Discussion of training concepts and methodology of the one-and-only DOGGCRAPP.

Comment

Forgive the ignorance but who are u talking about?
          "Lyle can stick with his ideas, Im going to stick with mine--he is trying to build 175lb "Marky Marks", and Im trying to build 275lb "Markus Ruhls", Doggcrapp

Comment

Mentzer...Didn't think there was anyone left who didn't already know that he didn't train HD back when he was competing. I mean..What does it matter....The guys been dead for 5 years now

Comment

Thats what I thought. Hell dorian yates trained HIT style and look where it got him.
              "Lyle can stick with his ideas, Im going to stick with mine--he is trying to build 175lb "Marky Marks", and Im trying to build 275lb "Markus Ruhls", Doggcrapp

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth
                Thats what I thought. Hell dorian yates trained HIT style and look where it got him.
                Well sort of..... I'm diferentiating between HIT and HD (Heavy Duty) training cos they're not one and the same thing though HD is certainly considered a HIT routine.
                As far as Dorian his routines would be considered a little higher volume than what most HIT practitioners recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperD
                  The Dogg Pound
                  Discussion of training concepts and methodology of the one-and-only DOGGCRAPP.
                  Like I said, I rarely post so I wasn't sure which evenue to take. But I felt it was only right others should know the deception that has persisted for so long!

Who? Mike Mentzer being Heavy Duty trained!!! :frusty:
                  No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperD
                    Mentzer...Didn't think there was anyone left who didn't already know that he didn't train HD back when he was competing. I mean..What does it matter....The guys been dead for 5 years now
                    Guess I am an exception then.

What does it matter!?

The man came into my life at a crucial time, just after I commenced training in my mid-teens. Not only did he shape my outlook on how to train, he was the first pro I saw, so it was deeply ingrained in me -- Heavy Duty was "the way" and it was how Mike got where he did.

So you can plainly see, for me the realisation someone I trusted and admired so deeply has decieved me ALL MY LIFE, is a bitter pill to swallow!!!:mad2:

Now I've calmed down I think I should have posted this somewhere else, I apologise. So Mr. Moderator, if you want to delete this or change it to where it should be -- if that is at all possible? feel free.
                    Last edited by Lifter; 08-19-2006, 04:11 AM.
                    No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

So you can plainly see, for me the realisation someone I trusted and admired so deeply has decieved me ALL MY LIFE, is a bitter pill to swallow!!!:mad2:
                      It's like finding out bruce lee lost most of his fights when he was alive. Its like finding out DC trained volume instead of following his own style. I'd probably give up training completely if I heard such shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth
                        It's like finding out bruce lee lost most of his fights when he was alive. Its like finding out DC trained volume instead of following his own style. I'd probably give up training completely if I heard such shit.
                        i'd love to catch Dante working out high-volume style, preferably with pink dumbbells with inverted pinky doing curls, just so i can point and yell loudly...

"HA!"

and walk away...

(really doubt i'll ever find him doing that...even if he does...his "program" is working just fine for me so whatever)
                        Just because im sick of typing this over and over again, i'll just put this in my sig:
                        Just train heavier than last time, eat alot of food with protein being priority, rest easy, and leave it alone. It ain't rocket science, and it doesn't need to become rocket science!

Comment

Guess I am an exception then.

What does it matter!?

The man came into my life at a crucial time, just after I commenced training in my mid-teens. Not only did he shape my outlook on how to train, he was the first pro I saw, so it was deeply ingrained in me -- Heavy Duty was "the way" and it was how Mike got where he did.

Now I've had time to calm down I can see this may not have been the best place to post, my apologises. Deplete if you want Mr. Moderator... my error.

Now I've calmed down I think I should have posted this somewhere else, I apologise. So Mr. Moderator, if you want to delete this or change it to where it should be -- if that is at all possible? feel free.

No you're fine. It is an interesting topic.
                          Mike had a great way with words and an ability to articulate his ideas in an extremely convincing manner.
                          I personally trained HD style for a year or so back in my twenties after buying into his logic but I came to learn first hand that even though he had all of the pieces to the puzzle...he had in fact put them together incorrectly.

Comment

Funny, my two heros in life WERE Mike Mentzer and Bruce Lee. I met Mike was I was 18. He was huge and brown, with massive arms -- all ones first idol should be. I'll never forget seeing Mike in his brown velvet top, legs errr arms hanging down, his triceps hanging OVER his elbows!

That night, after Mike posed, I drove home, my head swimming. I was convinced, there and then, Heavy Duty was THE WAY!

Bruce, I was too late. The closest I came was training with the man he entrusted with Jeet Kune Do -- Dan Inosanto. Who was also lightening quick. I asked him how Bruce died, to which he smiled and walked away. Since then I have spoken with a man who was present in the operating theatre... another disappointment.

Getting back to Mentzer. I have a friend who told me a while back how he saw Mike, Ray and Viator chuckling over something in the corner of Gold's one day. Sidling up to see what all the fuss was about, he found they were amused after coming back from a photo-shoot with Darden. Over Ray "supposedly" using an 8 set full body routine to reach 260# and 20" arms. That is when I started to smell a rat!

Now I have found out Mike duped me, and thousands, maybe millions more, I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth. One that won't be leaving any time soon!!!
                            Last edited by Lifter; 08-19-2006, 04:15 AM.
                            No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

My brother and I have done various Menzter routines throughout the years with excellent results... and although I definitely dont prescribe to his logic OR training as a be all-end all, I would take his routines over 99 percent of all bodybuilding type routines promoted through mass advertising (mags, bb boards, etc)

Comment

Working...
                              X