Stiff deads....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff deads....

Do you rest pause stiff leg deads for your hammies or just straight set?(DC Style) Did a straight set today for 10 excruciating reps... just wondering if i was supposed to RP that shit.

Also... i know you are supposed to get stronger everytime you do an exercise.... but something like forearms.... if i get stronger everytime i'll be hammer curling 80's in a few months. Just wondering what people's progress has been like on smaller muscles like forearms\calves\triceps?? thanks a lot!

I straight set SL deads and its plenty when you hit them heavy. RPing them is asking for injury if you ask me. But, the DC experts may say otherwise.
    The Munster
    CrossFit Champions
    Champions Combat Arts

Comment

James, Well I am going into my 14 week with 1 cruise under my belt and no topping out on Forearms or Biceps yet.

If you so SLDL straight set 12-15, you do not rest/pause. You can also do them this way, start with a 25 on each side do 6 reps, add a 10 to each side do 6 reps and keep going with only enough break to add weight til you do 6 sets of 6 reps, I still dislike DC for having me do this one...
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
        James, Well I am going into my 14 week with 1 cruise under my belt and no topping out on Forearms or Biceps yet.

If you so SLDL straight set 12-15, you do not rest/pause. You can also do them this way, start with a 25 on each side do 6 reps, add a 10 to each side do 6 reps and keep going with only enough break to add weight til you do 6 sets of 6 reps, I still dislike DC for having me do this one...
        That sounds awesome! Gonna have to try that.
        CrossFit Champions
        Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Re: Stiff deads....

Originally posted by James
          Also... i know you are supposed to get stronger everytime you do an exercise.... but something like forearms.... if i get stronger everytime i'll be hammer curling 80's in a few months. Just wondering what people's progress has been like on smaller muscles like forearms\calves\triceps?? thanks a lot!
          I was walking around with that kind of question also.
          What I would like to know is if lets say you do hammer curls for a straight set of 12 with 18 kilo dumbells and next time I take 20 kilo dumbells but I only get 10 reps.
          I didn't get the obligated 12 reps but I did go heavier.
          Do I loose the excersise or not?

Comment

hompie, That is how we make such great gains on this program, you do the same weight or reps two times in a row, drop it and pick a new exercise.

If you just love that exercise, you bust your ass no to let it go, but two times in a row and you lose it, your favorite or not.

This is why you will not get stagnate or plateau on your progress...
            "That damn log book"

Comment

i think...

think he was wondering if you did like 35lb dumbell hammer curls for 13, and then did 40lb dumbell hammers for like 11... would that count or would you have to drop?

thanks agian for the helpful replies!

Comment

James, Well, is that not an increase in one or the other?...
                "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                  hompie, That is how we make such great gains on this program, you do the same weight or reps two times in a row, drop it and pick a new exercise.

If you just love that exercise, you bust your ass no to let it go, but two times in a row and you lose it, your favorite or not.

This is why you will not get stagnate or plateau on your progress...
                  I know what you mean but that was not my question.
                  What i mean is did I make progression or not going heavier but not making the obligated 12 reps?
                  Thanks

Comment

yes you did

i asked the same question and yes, you did make progression. you went up in weight, which is progression... even if it is a few less reps. you would probably then stay the same weight untill your reps get up above 12 and then you would go up in weight again. good luck

Comment

what in human wrote is that you did progress in that exercise but if you have done it twice then you def. would drop it and choose another to rotate,, i might be corrected on this but just because you didnt hit 12 doesnt mean you didnt must your ass on getting 8-9 reps when straight setting...
                      "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

ok guys thanks

Comment

Ok guys, you beat the weight OR reps, I said OR.

You will beat one or the other every time or you drop it, twice in a row at the same weight OR reps, you drop it...
                          "That damn log book"

Comment

Re: i think...

DC told me that once you go under 11 reps( ex. 7+3+1) for your total rest pause set you should go to another exercise for the next workout on that bodypart. If you get 15 reps one workout and the next workout you get only 12 at a heavier weight that is ok.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by James
                            [B]think he was wondering if you did like 35lb dumbell hammer curls for 13, and then did 40lb dumbell hammers for like 11... would that count or would you have to drop?

Comment

gorilla2015, No, that is not correct, if you are not getting the proper rep scheme to start with like for instance 12-15, you need to drop weight the next time and get more reps.

Now when you start this program, you are in a different world, so you must experiment on what weights will work for you to begin your r/p worksets.

You would drop an exercise if you do the same rep OR weight two times in a row...
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X