Certain age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certain age?

My son just turned 15 and he joined the wrestling team at his high school.....now he's finally interested in lifting. My question is (actually its his question) when can he start lifting DC style like dad?
    Thanx,
    GF
    The older I get the lighter the weights used to be...........

im 14 turning 15 and im training DC style.

Comment

gravityfighter, Personally I think I would allow him to try lifting period. I would not want to push him into the hardest program known right now, he just might get burned out way to soon.

Let dad take him to the gym and see if he even likes to be sore and if it is something he may want to do to change his life forever.

ballz 2da wallz is a little different here, I think he smells fire, and he knows if he doesn't exceed here, yup, there will be a fire underneath him soon!, he knows what I mean...
      Last edited by In-Human; 04-16-2004, 09:25 PM.
      "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

agree
        @dante_trudel

Comment

Gravityfighter.
          I agree, too. And, to add my $.02, make sure his form is immaculate as he learns the iron.
          The Munster
          CrossFit Champions
          Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Thanx Bro's, kinda the way I felt too.....crawl before you walk,walk before you run. Anyway looks like me and his coach are gonna have to have a talk, my son told me he has him doing weight he can only get 2 or 3 rep's on.....that just aint gonna hunt.
            Thanx again,
            GF

Comment

gravityfighter, I help out the Baseball and Basketball team here in our gym at the college I work at for strength training, these coaches don't know shit.

Hell I charge them for class just to bring them up to date on how the real world trains...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Yea, thats what worrys me, half the coaches I've seen look like they never touched a weight in their life.....how are they suppose to teach kids proper lifting technique?
                GF

Comment

Working...
                X