A.m. Training And Cardio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.m. Training And Cardio

I am following DCs methods to a T, but have a few questions. Maybe some of you guys can help out?

I am that fat skinny guy everyone knows. Terrible shape. I have been working DCs methods for about a month on a M-W-F routine with cardio on a t-mill 3 times a week for an hour a clip. IN a month I have gone from 170lbs (5'11"smooth as a bar of soap) to 188lbs. While I AM getting stronger ( squats up 70lbs!),unfortunately, I am gaining too much fat and my waist and love handles are blowing up too quickly. To counter this do you think I should:

- hit cardio 5-6times a week instead of just 3? this would mean weight training M-W-F and hitting cardio M-t-w-t-f-s. Cardio would be 60 minutes on non weight training days and 30 minutes on weight training days. I've been getting up at 5am M-F to train before I go to work. I cant do cardio in the evening bc I have a super busy schedule and I am pooped after getting up so early in the AM, so I would have to do cardio right after weight training. Is that ok?

- As far as diet- I can eat. My carb cutoff has been around 3-4pm but I am still piling on the fat (not just bloat, but jiggly belly - hang off the lovehandle fat). I am going to try the following, any suggestions are appreciated:

Meal 1 - (Prior to weight training) Mini bagel w/ 1/4lb chicken and 1 pro complex (I skip this meal on cardio only days)

Meal 2 - (post workout) Raisin bagel w/jelly, 2 cups cranberry juice, 110 grams of procomplex

Meal 3 - 1/4 lb steak or chicken, 1 pro complex

Lunch - usually a salad with some meat and maybe a just scoop of procomplex (27.5grams protein)

Meal 4 - 1/4 lb steak or chicken, 1 pro complex

Meal 5 - 3/4 lb chicken or fish and salad

meal 6 - Pro complex shake

Let me know what you think! I'm grateful for any help and opinions!

PS I have no aspirations to ever be a competitive BB. Total respect goes out for you guys that partake in the sport...I just wanna look good and weigh around 215-220 with abs! Thanks
    Last edited by Bloomy; 04-15-2004, 10:32 PM.

ILL COMMENT IN CAPS

Meal 1 - (Prior to weight training) Mini bagel w/ 1/4lb chicken and 1 pro complex (I skip this meal on cardio only days)
    DUMP THE BAGEL

Meal 2 - (post workout) Raisin bagel w/jelly, 2 cups cranberry juice, 110 grams of procomplex
    THATS FINE

Meal 3 - 1/4 lb steak or chicken, 1 pro complex
    GOOD

Lunch - usually a salad with some meat and maybe a just scoop of procomplex (27.5grams protein)
    GOOD

Meal 4 - 1/4 lb steak or chicken, 1 pro complex
    GOOD

Meal 5 - 3/4 lb chicken or fish and salad
    GOOD

meal 6 - Pro complex shake
    MAKE SURE THIS IS IN WATER BUT IF I WAS YOU I WOULD DUMP THIS MEAL IF YOU ARENT GOING TO DO THE CARDIO I WANT YOU TO BELOW

Let me know what you think! I'm grateful for any help and opinions!

PS I have no aspirations to ever be a competitive BB. Total respect goes out for you guys that partake in the sport...I just wanna look good and weigh around 215-220 with abs! Thanks

ARE YOU DRINKING GREEN TEA ALL DAY--IT TAKES ABOUT 3 WEEKS TO GET USED TO EATING THIS KIND OF FOOD AND TURNING YOUR BODY INTO A FURNACE--YOU SEEM VERY UNHAPPY WITH THE BODYFAT SO I WOULD DO THIS IF I WAS YOU--STRAIGHT SET YOUR WORKOUTS AND DO CARDIO TWO TIMES A DAY ON OFF TRAINING DAYS--MORNING AND NITEFOR 30-45 MINS--AND THEN DO 30 MINUTES AFTER YOUR TRAINING SESSION

TAKE YOUR BODY TEMPERATURE UPON ARISING FOR 3 CONSECUTIVE DAYS AND TAKE THE MEAN AVERAGE AND MAKE SURE ITS NORMAL (FOR THYROID REASONS)---THE TRAINING WITH WEIGHTS MIGHT INCREASE MUSCLE MASS SLIGHTLY OR IT WILL STAY THE SAME BUT I WOULD FIRST GET YOUR BODYFAT PERCENTAGE DOWN TO A REASONABLE LEVEL YOUR HAPPY WITH AND THEN--STAY WITH THE SEMBLANCE OF THE SAME DIET--AND LESSEN CARDIO AND START RESTPAUSING THINGS (thats the quick version of all of this but i hope it is a start for you)
    @dante_trudel

Comment

that is awesome and I think I'd feel better dropping the fat first. I bet I can do it in 3-4 months. I feel like "fat guy in a little suit" when I am at work lately! Green tea I can pound all day long and for the cardio - I will buy a treadmill at home.

When you say straight set, do you mean that I should do 3 sets per exercise like for BB curls:

12reps w/90lbs
      take a 2 minute breather
      10 more reps w/90lbs
      take a 2 minute breather
      8 final reps w/90lbs

Or should I just do one one balls out sets and keep beating my logbook every workout?

sincere thanks go out to you DC for taking your time. If you can recommenr a good protien similar to the Procomplex (from your store) I'd love to hear aboout it.

Comment

Bloomy, Straight sets would be like, one workset of 12-15 reps.

Contolled reps no slop, 2 or 3 warm up sets, then a heavy workset straight setted...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

That's a nice blueprint for bodyfat loss there - might be especially useful on a 2 week cruise ??

Comment

thanks in-human (for not eating this thread).

Comment

Bump
              "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
              DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
              for a 5% Discount
              :wavey:

Comment

Bump
                "This sport is about extremes - using weights you havent used previously, taking in amounts of food to build greater muscle mass-in amounts you never have done previously, & doing the cardio to keep you at an acceptable offseason training bodyfat that keeps you happy." Dante

For supplements, visit http://www.trueprotein.com & use this
                DISCOUNT CODE - THA778
                for a 5% Discount
                :wavey:

Comment

Dante, or anyone that can tell me. You say to take your temp upon rising for 3 days and then average. When should you do this? After a week, or after the 3 weeks you say you should then be accustomed to the diet?

JJ

Comment

Bump because I had Dante's response saved on a file but never saw where it came from. Advanced search is my friend.
                    Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more! :bb:

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

thanks. I do not know how I missed this 1 before.
                      "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                      J.M.

Comment

What I find interesting as well is the fact the guy was not told he is not ready for dc. though he does not sound advanced at all. If bloomy would have posted it now...
                        "An egg yolk is a terrible thing to waste"
                        J.M.

Comment

Thanks for the bump. Some more nuggets of info....God, I love all you guys

Comment

Is the "drinking green tea all day long" advice commonplace in DC even while trying to gain and blast? I am aware of the great benefits of green tea, just unsure of how Dante and other DC vets prefer to use it in their diets.
                            Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see!
                            - Delcoda

With DC you beat a movement and your muscles to a pulp in a straight forward way and leave feeling like a hooker who didn't get paid.
                            - Trulyhuge

Comment

Not a DC vet, but I use green tea all the time because I want my metabolism jacked up as high as it can go. Maybe not AS much tea as someone who wants to bring the bodyfat down, but always at least a few cups.
                              Use SAM210 for 5% off your entire order at www.trueprotein.com 10% if you order 16 lbs or more! :bb:

Now, if you would kindly drop this little debate before I am forced by the voices in my head to drive to where you live, find you, rape you, eat your heart and then go workout with your blood on my hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X