X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Dante's exercise for biceps

Originally posted by Doggcrapp View Post
    Two hand hammer curl

(I thought long and hard about whether I should post this because this is really an exercise i would have to show in person, but maybe the token few can get it down)

a)sit at the very end/edge of a flat bench with your legs apart

b)do you know that grip you usually use if you were doing a 2 handed single dumbell extension, you use a semblance of that same grip and instead curl the dumbell instead.....or another way to think of it is carrying a seriously heavy dumbell over to somewhere in the gym....that grip. One hand gripping the bar of the dumbell, and the other hand clasping your grip hand (with the backside of that hand up against the inside flat of the dumbell)

c) With your arms starting perfectly straight (and i mean straight! This is key), youll have to lean slightly forward to accomplish that....you curl the dumbell up somewhat close to your body until your thumbs or the top plates of the dumbell touch the top of your forehead. There is a reason for all this and youll see when you are doing it. And then back down (controlled) until your arms are PERFECTLY STRAIGHT again (which youll again have to lean slightly over to accomplish) That is one rep...and im going to say it again, this isnt a cheating dumbell high pull...your arms must go perfectly straight and the top part of the dumbell must touch the top part of your forehead or its not a rep.

d) Warm up well on these with 2 or 3 progressive sets...maybe a 20 rep set and then a 14 rep set and then a 8 rep and then do your work set which will be A MINIMUM OF 20-30 REPS REST PAUSED (absolute minimum)

e) I can see some guys getting stupid on this exercise and cheating these up with a high pull motion...DONT...do it exactly like I said

I find this exercise from Dante, but i don't sure to have understand this correctly. Can u help me? thanks

I'm hoping someone smarter than me answers your question.

In the interim, here is one of Dante's variations on Hammer Curls that I've been using every other Pull Day and loving.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwLS1i3HUfm/

***still learning how to directly embed IG links***
    Last edited by ucsumma; 01-31-2020, 08:58 PM.

Comment

When you put it in the IG icon brackets, it needs to be shortened to this: p/BwLS1i3HUfm

Skip

Originally posted by ucsumma View Post
      I'm hoping someone smarter than me answers your question.

In the interim, here is one of Dante's variations on Hammer Curls that I've been using every other Pull Day and loving.....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwLS1i3HUfm/

***still learning how to directly embed IG links***

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

thanks for the replies. WIth the advices of Dante i have see major changes, the important , like he tell, change the angle of work

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          When you put it in the IG icon brackets, it needs to be shortened to this: p/BwLS1i3HUfm
          Fantastic - thank you sir. This is a cool capability and will come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by ucsumma View Post

Fantastic - thank you sir. This is a cool capability and will come in handy.
            I think so, too.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
            X