Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with setting up routine for weak points?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with setting up routine for weak points?

Hello, I'm new to the forum and would like to ask for some help setting up a specific DC template. I'm wondering if I can set it up to focus on my weak points of delts, traps and back and how to do so. Thanks!

For starters, since I know nothing about you, I will give you the standard reply. Make sure you have at least 3 years of solid training under your belt. Go back and read the posts pertaining to the "basic" DC plan. If you follow the 2 day split and get crazy strong on those basic lifts which should take you a very long time to do, then you look at hitting specific "weak" areas. There are some post that have sample movements/set ups. Stick with the things that you can progress on for a long time, give it 100% and nothing less. Get plenty of sleep and food to help recovery. I spent at least 4 years on the 2 day split, just changed out movements when I needed too. I've switch to the 3 day split a few times just for a change, but I seems to always come back to the 2 day split.
    Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

Comment

Thanks for your tips. I've got 20 years lifting experience but am terrible with program design and sticking to a plan. I want to get this right and would love an opinion on the following split. My plan is to rotate through the workouts like this example:

Week 1 Mon: A1, Tue: B1, Wed: Rest, Thurs: C1, Fri: A2, Sat & Sun: Rest
      Week 2 Mon: B2, Tue: C2, Wed: Rest, Thurs: A3, Fri: B3, Sat & Sun: Rest

I plan to blast for 6 weeks and then cruise for the 7th week and repeat. Below is the actual split.

DC training with a focus on traps and delts. RP = Rest Pause, SS = 1 Straight Set
      Training Split.
      Combo Workout Focus Exercises
      A1 Chest, Delts, Triceps DB Bench Press RP 15-30, Side Lateral Cables SS 12-20, Rear Laterals Dumbbells seated facing incline bench SS 12-20, Close-Grip Bench Press RP 15-30
      B1 Back, Traps, Biceps Underhand Pulldowns RP 15-30, DB Seal Rows RP 15-30, DB Shrugs RP 20-30, Barbell drag curls RP 20-30, Hammer Curls (SS 10-20 reps)
      C1 Legs Seated Leg Curls RP 15-30, Seated Calf Raises SS 10-12 reps (start on big toe then 5 second negative then 10-15 second stretch then repeat), Squats(SS 6-10 reps, 3-5 min. rest then 20 rep widowmaker)
      Training Split.
      A2 Chest, Delts, Triceps Flat Bench Press RP 15-30, Seated DB OH Press RP 15-30, Upright Rows SS 12-20, Dips RP 15-30
      B2 Back, Traps, Biceps Lat Pulldowns RP 15-30, Chest Supported Rows RP 15-30, Hiss Shrugs RP 20-30, Preacher Curls RP 20-30, Reverse Curls SS 10-20
      C2 Legs Standing Calf Raises, Hack Squats(6-10 rep straight set, 3-5 min. rest then 20 rep widowmaker), Abductor Machine SS 12-20, Far step walking lunges for glutes and hams BW max reps set
      Training Split.
      A3 Chest, Delts, Triceps Standing Overhead Press RP 15-30, Low Incline DB Press RP 15-30, Lateral Delts Machine SS 12-20, Rear Delts Machine SS 12-20, Lying French Press RP 20-30
      B3 Back, Biceps Pull-Ups RP 15-30, EZ Curls RP 20-30, Pinwheel Curls SS 10-20 reps, Dorian Deadlifts SS 6-9 reps + 9-12 reps
      C3 Legs Seated Leg Curls RP 15-30, Calf Press On Leg Press Machine, Leg Press(6-10 rep straight set with foot position for quads, 3-5 min. rest then 20-25 rep widowmaker with Sumo foot position to favor glutes and hams)

Comment

Originally posted by JSRRR View Post
        Thanks for your tips. I've got 20 years lifting experience but am terrible with program design and sticking to a plan. I want to get this right and would love an opinion on the following split. My plan is to rotate through the workouts like this example:

Week 1 Mon: A1, Tue: B1, Wed: Rest, Thurs: C1, Fri: A2, Sat & Sun: Rest
        Week 2 Mon: B2, Tue: C2, Wed: Rest, Thurs: A3, Fri: B3, Sat & Sun: Rest

I plan to blast for 6 weeks and then cruise for the 7th week and repeat. Below is the actual split.

DC training with a focus on traps and delts. RP = Rest Pause, SS = 1 Straight Set
        Training Split.
        A1 Chest, Delts, Triceps DB Bench Press RP 15-30, Side Lateral Cables SS 12-20, Rear Laterals Dumbbells seated facing incline bench SS 12-20, Close-Grip Bench Press RP 15-30
        B1 Back, Traps, Biceps Underhand Pulldowns RP 15-30, DB Seal Rows RP 15-30, DB Shrugs RP 20-30, Barbell drag curls RP 20-30, Hammer Curls (SS 10-20 reps)
        C1 Legs Seated Leg Curls RP 15-30, Seated Calf Raises SS 10-12 reps (start on big toe then 5 second negative then 10-15 second stretch then repeat), Squats(SS 6-10 reps, 3-5 min. rest then 20 rep widowmaker)
        Training Split.
        A2 Chest, Delts, Triceps Flat Bench Press RP 15-30, Seated DB OH Press RP 15-30, Upright Rows SS 12-20, Dips RP 15-30
        B2 Back, Traps, Biceps Lat Pulldowns RP 15-30, Chest Supported Rows RP 15-30, Hiss Shrugs RP 20-30, Preacher Curls RP 20-30, Reverse Curls SS 10-20
        C2 Legs Standing Calf Raises, Hack Squats(6-10 rep straight set, 3-5 min. rest then 20 rep widowmaker), Abductor Machine SS 12-20, Far step walking lunges for glutes and hams BW max reps set
        Training Split.
        A3 Chest, Delts, Triceps Standing Overhead Press RP 15-30, Low Incline DB Press RP 15-30, Lateral Delts Machine SS 12-20, Rear Delts Machine SS 12-20, Lying French Press RP 20-30
        B3 Back, Biceps Pull-Ups RP 15-30, EZ Curls RP 20-30, Pinwheel Curls SS 10-20 reps, Dorian Deadlifts SS 6-9 reps + 9-12 reps
        C3 Legs Seated Leg Curls RP 15-30, Calf Press On Leg Press Machine, Leg Press(6-10 rep straight set with foot position for quads, 3-5 min. rest then 20-25 rep widowmaker with Sumo foot position to favor glutes and hams)
        Just my opinion. I would follow the split as laid out by Dante himself. Chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness and then forearms, biceps, calves, hamstrings and quads. Until you truly do this program with 100% balls to the wall intensity and beating that log book every time you perform those movements, you should not, in my opinion, do the 3 day split as you have laid out. I say this simply because if you don't or are not able to push yourself that hard, it becomes the old "that program doesn't work" BS. The other reason is, if you are truly taking movements to failure and progressively get stronger, getting the food in and resting, the only weakness you will have is in the seams of your clothes.

Comment

Just for the record, I have done this program for a while with the biggest change being that I have upped the rep ranges since I'm.....ummmm,,,,,,"more mature," I have gone to the 3 day split from time to time, but I always find myself back to the 2 day split. I seem to feel the best and strongest on that split. Sure, when time comes I'll change things up a bit, but its usually for 8 weeks or so and then I'm right back to the 3 day split because it freaking works.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
            X