Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC questions

Hi all!

I've been reading a lot about DC training lately, and decided to go at it, starting tomorrow. (Just had a nice Easter vacation, happy Easter everyone )

Just a few questions:

1) I plan to start out with only straight sets, mon-wed-fri-mon routine, hitting each bodypart twice every 8 days. In the beginning, if I fail to add weight or reps each cycle, what should I do first, add rest days or add rest-pauses?

2) I see you recommend this split:

Chest
    Shoulders
    Triceps
    Back width
    Back thickness

and

Biceps
    Forearms
    Calves
    Hamstrings
    Quads

Is that split and the order of the exercises important parts of the DC system or more of a personal preference issue? For example I usually haven't been doing shoulders after chest because my tired triceps from doing heavy chest presses seriously limits the weight I can use for shoulder presses, and I feel my triceps gives out before my shoulders. Also, I'm used to doing the most taxing exercise first in the workout when I have most energy (never tried it the other way around, though).

3) As I don't lift very large poundages yet (for example 155 for reps in the bench press), I've always felt 1-2 warm-up sets to be sufficient. I see you guys talk about up to 5-6 warm-up sets. Should I add more warm-up sets as I get stronger or should I immediately start doing 3-4-5 warm-up sets?

4) What's your opinion on doing a 12 minute high intensity interval routine on the treadmill before breakfast instead of the 45 minute walk? Will such a short workout also burn muscle?

5) In the summer I often ride around on my bike, swim, practice juggling in the park, rollerblade and other fun stuff all day, should I then skip the morning cardio?

Thanks a lot for any advice
    Regards,
    Tummen

Tummen, First off, let me say, welcome to Skips board, lotsa smart guys here to help you out.

Ok, let me help you with your questions.

Yes that is the split that DC has us do. You can do like I do and do chest/tri/shoulders/back width/thickness, I too have a problem but mine is bad rotators from years of wear and tear.

The reason why we do a few more warm up sets, I do 495 for Decline Bench workset, so of course more warm up sets will be needed as you get heavier.

We do not want to burn up any mass we have gained here, so keep the cardio at a 30 munite time and good pace, we are not cutting here, we are trying to get huge. This is more for BP and to keep BF in check.

Outside activities are fine instead of the boring time in the gym, but don't burn off any mass here, just relax...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Tummen: I never did a workout like this before, but trust me your body will adjust to this style of workout after the first two rotations. Just concentrate on keeping good form when performing all exercises and on the Extreme stretching.
      Pain is Temporary

Don't cry just get the DAMN weight up!!!

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=15520

Comment

Re: DC questions

[i]Is that split and the order of the exercises important parts of the DC system or more of a personal preference issue? For example I usually haven't been doing shoulders after chest because my tired triceps from doing heavy chest presses seriously limits the weight I can use for shoulder presses, and I feel my triceps gives out before my shoulders. Also, I'm used to doing the most taxing exercise first in the workout when I have most energy (never tried it the other way around, though).

[/B]
        Read this thread Tummen

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....&threadid=1438

Comment

Thanks, guys! I'll just go with the exact split/order DC recommends and see what happens

Another question: At my gym there's only 1 bench press bench, and it's always busy, so one has to wait. So sometimes the wait time between two exercises (two bodyparts) can be up to 10-15 mins. Does that matter?
          Regards,
          Tummen

Comment

Tummen, Every day can be a whole different story, sometimes I need to get my shit together after a grueling workset, so take sometime, but if you are ready and that machine or exercise is not cleared, then do some ab work, that can always be done...
            "That damn log book"

Comment

During the wait like inhuman said--do abs or do another exercise and come back to it or take that time to do extreme stretching if you want (if you already trained the bodypart)
              @dante_trudel

Comment

or just do what i do and continually ask them how many more sets they have left..lol!

TH
                For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

Trulyhuge, Sometimes if I feel like an ass, I look at the person or people on my machine, breathing kind of hard at them and I say, "How many sets do you think you are going to do if I take this thing over", that usually pisses them off and they leave, muttering under their breath of course...
                  "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                    Trulyhuge, Sometimes if I feel like an ass, I look at the person or people on my machine, breathing kind of hard at them and I say, "How many sets do you think you are going to do if I take this thing over", that usually pisses them off and they leave, muttering under their breath of course...
                    all i do is ask them if i can get a set in, and just dont get up for the 15 breaths or so during the rest pause
                    The name is Richard not Rick

Comment

BUMP cause this JUST might help some of you...did I mention CUT AND PASTE....this is keeper stuff folks...
                      International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
                      X