Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two way split people start using your head!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hammer strength low row,db row,rack pull or deadlift,tbar,bb row...

Comment

bump

Comment

might as well drop in to say this has been the most productive article i have read possibly of all time.

sad to see the site at an all time low usage, though.

Comment

Agree!

Comment

Which exercises would I emphasize for correcting an anterior pelvic tilt? And which ones would I want to avoid?

Comment

Really interesting information to read. I think someone can be more depressive about there body, then other. I think they should try some smart boost pills that can help them with that. There are a lot good sites where you can try it. This one for example: nootropicboost.com. There are stacks for stude, work out, insomnia, and for depressive ppl.

Comment

What is the opinion on using a rear delt row or face pull as a shoulder exercise for people with underdeveloped side and rear delts. This could be combined with some kind of deadlift for back thickness and chest and tricep exercises that stress the front delts so they also get some stimulation. Overhead pressing does almost nothing for the rear delts (EMG studies more less confirms this) and only very little for the side delts. Having the elbows out to the side, like in a BNP, helps engage the side delt a bit but is also causing a lot of people discomfort. In my opinion some type of row with the elbows held up and out to the side will engage the side delt more than almost any type of overhead press and will definately nail the rear delts a lot more. A face pull might be even better at hitting the side delt because of the external rotation at the shoulder putting the side delt directly opposite the resistence in the contracted position.
                The routine could look something like this:
                Chest - Incline press
                Shoulders - Rear delt row or face pull
                Tris - Dips, CGBP or reverse grip bench press.
                Back width - Rack pulls or similar
                Back thickness: Rack pulls
                Let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by sbh View Post
                  What is the opinion on using a rear delt row or face pull as a shoulder exercise for people with underdeveloped side and rear delts. This could be combined with some kind of deadlift for back thickness and chest and tricep exercises that stress the front delts so they also get some stimulation. Overhead pressing does almost nothing for the rear delts (EMG studies more less confirms this) and only very little for the side delts. Having the elbows out to the side, like in a BNP, helps engage the side delt a bit but is also causing a lot of people discomfort. In my opinion some type of row with the elbows held up and out to the side will engage the side delt more than almost any type of overhead press and will definately nail the rear delts a lot more. A face pull might be even better at hitting the side delt because of the external rotation at the shoulder putting the side delt directly opposite the resistence in the contracted position.
                  The routine could look something like this:
                  Chest - Incline press
                  Shoulders - Rear delt row or face pull
                  Tris - Dips, CGBP or reverse grip bench press.
                  Back width - Rack pulls or similar
                  Back thickness: Rack pulls
                  Let me know what you think.
                  I used to do face pulls quite bit, higher reps and elbows out. I feel they hit the medial head of the delts quite well. I also think that there is really no need for direct work for the the front delt. With all the pressing being done for chest and triceps it's redundant. I think your post has made me throw face pulls back into the rotation! Thanks
                  It's difficult to work out too hard, it's easy to work out too long.............

Comment

I used to believe that most people did not need any direct front delt work but I have changed my stance on it over the years. In fact, since putting front delt back in my own protocol, my delts have begun to fill out quite a bit from it. My stance now is that front delt work can definitely work but it has to be kept to a minimum or the front delts can become overtrained. This is even more of an issue for those who don't use correct bio-mechanics for chest pressing and especially for incline pressing (or their incline angle is too damn high).

I also want to add that behind-the-neck presses are not dangerous for most people if performed correctly. They should not be used as an opener but later in the delt workout after the shoulder complex is thoroughly warmed up. It is also important to pay very close attention to ROM. The upper arm does not need to go below parallel (to the floor) so that will usually put the bar a few inches below the top of the head. The bar should never end up anywhere near the top of the traps as that ROM can be a huge risk that isn't needed.

I bring up the behind-the-neck press because most people assume this movement to be a front delt movement and it involves much more of the side delt than the front delt when performed correctly. I even recommend using a smith machine to do these so that you can push back against the angle of the smith.

Skip
                    www.TEAMSKIP.com

Twitter: @IntenseMuscle
                    Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: IntenseMuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Working...
                    X