My workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My workouts

Hey people, I just want to post my workouts. I'm doing D.C.'s style of training. I was following HD/Hit style of training and hit a plateau. I believe Dogg's training provides the answers to people who can't gain enough from volume or hit. Glad I found this site.

Stats
    5'9

First workout
    April 01, 04 Thurs.nite
    Doggstyle Routine
    Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Back W., Back T.
    1. Rack Bench 135 rp'd for 18 reps E.S.
    2.Smith Military 90 rp'd for 17 reps *
    3. Triceps Smith Press 90 rp'd for 18 reps *
    4. Smith Chins bwt rp'd for 8 reps
    5 Trap Bar Deadlift 245 for 8 reps E.S.

Still sore from the first workout!

Get Stronger
    jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Tonite's the second D.C. style workout.
    Sunday nite April 04, 04
    Biceps, forearms, grip, abs, calves, hamstrings, quads
    1. Seated db curl 25's rp'd for 17 reps
    2. Reverse curls 35lbs for 11 reps
    3. Fat bar holds empty held for 1:30
    E.S.
    4. Weighted V-up 5lbs rp'd for 34 reps
    5. Standing Calf 145 for 10 reps
    6. Lying ham curl 45 rp'd for 17 reps
    E.S.
    7. A2G Squats 150 for 6/ 100 for 12 reps
    E.S.

Get Stronger
    jim
    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
    Good luck
    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Are you doing the stretching, as well? Just wondering, since it's not mentioned.

C

Comment

Yes homegrown, here's what I did last nite. How are your workouts going? Are you keeping a log?

Third workout Tuesday nite Apr. 06, 04
        ch, sh, tri, back w, back t.

1. Smith Incline Press 100 x 11,4,3 =18reps
        E.S. db stretch 45's for :50

2. Db Press 25's x 12,5,4 =21reps
        E.S. Rack sh. stretch for :60 seconds

3. Overh. tricep ext. 25 x 10,4,3 = 17reps
        E.S. tricep stretch 20's for 1:10

4. P. Grip Pulldown #5 x 12,5,4 = 21reps

5. Yates Db Shrug 25's x 11
        E.S. Rack lean back stretch for 1:00

Has anyone asked DC about using a single TWO handed db tricep stretch?
        Secondly, how do we increase the resistance in the leanback lat stretch (doorknob style)?

Get Stronger
        jim
        Good luck
        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul

Has anyone asked DC about using a single TWO handed db tricep stretch?
          Secondly, how do we increase the resistance in the leanback lat stretch (doorknob style)?

Get Stronger
          jim
          i personally have to do a different tricep stretch than the one DC recommends. i usually do a 2 handed ez-bar behind the head, with the back of my head pushing back on the bar to increase the stretch. i can't seem to get a good stretch with the one he recommends. i would say do what works for you. and you will know it is the right one, when you feel like your triceps are going to fall off, lol.

i usually just go to a handle to grab on to, to stretch that is lower than usual, then put your feet closer to your hands and lay back. the stretch resistance will be way more than usual.

tpc
          TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Thanks Tpc!

Sounds good, I wanted to be sure that the actual position wasn't what was needed! Iow, the arm being next to the ears and the fist in a hammer position. I know, I know I sound nitpicky but want to do it right. I have a tendency to want to bastardize programs. Btw, adding abs and grip work, well did I do it to Dc's too?

As far as lats, even if someone can't do the stretch that you and I are talking about, they should be able to just use the hanging chin bar stretch, correct? I've done both, one in each workout. This last (doorknob style) stretch was with the hands close together on a low bar in the power rack. Let me know what you guys are experiencing.

Btw, thanks for responding so fast when I emailed you. It's definitely appreciated! You're going to be getting an order from me for sure, thanks again!

Get Stronger
            jim
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul
              Thanks Tpc!

Sounds good, I wanted to be sure that the actual position wasn't what was needed! Iow, the arm being next to the ears and the fist in a hammer position. I know, I know I sound nitpicky but want to do it right. I have a tendency to want to bastardize programs. Btw, adding abs and grip work, well did I do it to Dc's too?

As far as lats, even if someone can't do the stretch that you and I are talking about, they should be able to just use the hanging chin bar stretch, correct? I've done both, one in each workout. This last (doorknob style) stretch was with the hands close together on a low bar in the power rack. Let me know what you guys are experiencing.

Btw, thanks for responding so fast when I emailed you. It's definitely appreciated! You're going to be getting an order from me for sure, thanks again!

Get Stronger
              jim
              i don't think dc, does anything directly related with grip work, but heavy deads, etc. take care of your grip strength. as for abs personally for me i do them if i feel like a need to. usually after i do a back workout my abs are killing me. and as well, i am in no shape to be doing abs after heavy deads and so on, on leg days i am just too tired. if i feel up to it, i do it at the end. then again, maybe i should start working the abs again, my belly is getting a bit out of control as of lately, lol. i blame dante, he makes me eat.

i love doing a hanging stretch with a dumbbell hanging from a chained weight belt and then hang as long as you can, that shit hurts, but i have seen a big difference in doing so.

tpc

TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

"i love doing a hanging stretch with a dumbbell hanging from a chained weight belt and then hang as long as you can, that shit hurts, but i have seen a big difference in doing so."

I also did the weighted chinup widegrip hangs and even with straps, my grip failed. If I knew I was going to be doing these types of stretches, I would have not given a buddy my hooks I had. Or am I wrong in my thinking? My thinking was that the hooks were taking away from developing my forearms and grip, so that is why I parted with them. Either way I'll get the "hang" of it, lol. thanks again.

Here's what I just got done posting at mayhem:

"I didn't realize that in his program, dc recommends not doing the bench press, for injuries, etc.
                Also understand the problems with dumbbells in the restpause application part of it.
                One unique "problem" I'm having is that I am using a trapbar to be able to do some deadlifting. Obviously it works many different areas of my body. Traps, back(upper and lower), biceps, forearms, glutes, hamstrings, quads, calves. A fantastic movement to say the least! I think you know where I am heading with this.
                I was planning on using this pgdl (trapbar) for the "Back Thickness" part of the training, since I can't do regular deads (back injury).
                Problems: I would like to use it more often than once in my "cycle" of dc's training style.
                Secondly, there are times it feels harder on hams than back and vise versa, etc., etc.
                So there are times I think the pgdl is for thighs, then hams, or maybe my back, etc.
                I realize that talking to him personally would set me straight, but we realize how busy he probably is.
                In the meantime if you people can prevent me from doing my bastardization application of a great program, it's always appreciated, lol."

I know also that once I start moving up in bwt. and using "real weights" that forearms will start coming up, it's just that they are a weak point that I've mistakenly let get away from me for way too long. I mean a lot of guys let calves go, etc., my ignorance was forearms, I love doing calves, ............well love may not be the right word but I like hurting them anyways, hehe.

Get Stronger
                jim
                Good luck
                Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Hi guys,
                  I have been on the board for over a month, then for some reason I was unable to log on. I am now moose104. I am starting DC training today as my day one because I work 16 hour days every Wed and Thurs.

I just wanted to know what some people are using for different exercises. I have made a list of exercises to use. I just wanted more input.

I also wanted to know about training at home. My gym has got some good equipment and I am adding a new piece this month, a cable crossover for more variety down the road. My problem is I work evenings, and I don't have a training partner. Can you do these routines without a training partner?

Thanks,
                  Moose

Comment

Guys I was wondering if I could get advice on the trapbar "dilemma"?
                    One concern in involving it more is that it may take away from differing bodypart's recovery.
                    Any thoughts?

Get Stronger
                    jim
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

don't do traps directly. if you are doing deads heavy enough along with other heavy back exercises. your traps are getting more than a good workout. actually mine have grown big time since following dc principles.

tpc
                      TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Comment

jimpaul, tpc is correct, my traps have grown so much I can barely turn my head to look beside me.

I never work traps on their own.

Deads and Rack Deads really do it for me, I have a permenate neck roll built in...
                        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

I appreciate the responses.
                          I'm still unsure if I should use the trapbar deadlift as a thigh exercise, back exercise, hamstring exercise, etc.

Or is it simply that a deadlift is a deadlift and it belongs under the heading of back thickness and leave it at that? thanks again.

Btw, I was supposed to work out last nite, but I had to sit in a garage while my stealth was being worked on and couldn't eat till I got home. Well my stomach was making loud strange noises as if it was talking to me, telling me it wanted food, lol.
                          When I don't feed it as often as I have been, I get into a nasty mood. Do you guys get that way too?

I didn't work out last nite for the reason that I felt I had to stay home and eat as much as I could, I think that was the right thing to do? Tonite's the night!

Get Stronger
                          jim
                          Good luck
                          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

jimpaul, Why do you think there are no more animals around my house for miles, I love all animals, they all taste great.

No excuses for not eating, one more post like that are you are banned!, lol.

Always think ahead, when it comes to food...
                            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Inhuman, I don't know if you ever watched the tv show seinfeld but, NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

Lol. You're starting to remind me of the soup nazi. haha. Funny stuff.
                              Yeah the whole newbie thing is going to take some effort and thought. The training is tough, yes, but learning how to eat and PLANNING AHEAD is more of what I am trying to learn. Like I said, eating isn't the hard part, absolutely love to eat. Making sure I am getting enough protein is somewhat of a weak point. Milk, eggs, beef, tuna, peanut butter, chocolate cupcakes, ooops.

Thanks Inhuman
                              jim
                              Good luck
                              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X