Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know this is asking a lot of the forum...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this is asking a lot of the forum...

i've been away from the boards for too long! i need a refresher course on what DC training is. i think i have a general idea, but the only thing i really have to go on is what David Henry says in MD magazine, which pretty much says 1 all out set. i must admit i am a little scared, as after previewing Mike Mentzer's HIT video and watching casey viator struggle for every rep, it looks like it may be a little too intense for me. is this something i shouldn't even bother trying since when posting on BB.com boards, everyone says its too hardcore for me? i also dont wanna misrepresent what DC is in any way through my training or whatnot.

if you guys could help me out that'd be awesome, as i know that the stickies have been taken down, and a lot of the journals i try to read make the assumption that i already know how DC works.

would you guys rather me post what i think i know about DC training and have you guys fill in the blanks? or would you rather just fill me in completely?

thanks big time in advance!
    1 oz. prevention =1 lb. cure

Do not exist, LIVE!

Jesus would total elite !!!!~DuckDuckGoose

If apologizing works, then why do we need the police?

I think you should prob look up and read about dc training as much as you can then ask questions for clarification but frankly everything is out there you just have to find it. Best of luck.

Comment

sorry all the blanks are full

Comment

where would i go about looking stuff up? the stickies are gone arent they? and i know everything is out there on the net, but im not sure whether i should trust it or not. plus for some reason, i feel like i need some kind of permission to even start training DC style, as it seems as it is some kind of sacred, coveted training style. i just want to make sure that i dont embarass DC training, and that i am doing it right.

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

look up posts by gollum, quotes by doggcrapp, and keep looking at training journals. you can trust the information on this board, it's regulated very well in terms of DC training.
          www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

if i posted what i think i know about DC training, will you members correct me?

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by idk
              i must admit i am a little scared, as after previewing Mike Mentzer's HIT video and watching casey viator struggle for every rep, it looks like it may be a little too intense for me.
              Your gains, if any, will likely be very slow if you wouldn't sell your soul to the devil, mid rep, to get that it up that last inch.
              Success through Self-Loathing

"...the only difference between a rut and a grave is depth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bricked.
                Your gains, if any, will likely be very slow if you wouldn't sell your soul to the devil, mid rep, to get that it up that last inch.
                uh, whats that supposed to mean?

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by idk
                  uh, whats that supposed to mean?
                  it means you have to make finishing that last rep a matter of life and death. you gotta do what ever it takes to finish it as long as your form doesnt go to shit.

it will prob be heard to find info on DC considering the website I had saved that had Cycling for pennies to took it down
                  "If people were 1/10th as worried about the rest of their meals as they were about the post workout shake, there would be a hell of a lot more people looking like bodybuilders. "
                  -Trop

Comment

www.chemicalanarchy.com still has cycles for pennies as a sticky. The best 5 days reading you will ever do!
                    "Let off some steam Bennett"

Being small should be a crime.

Comment

ok, here is what i gather from what i think i know, probably totally wrong though:
                      DC training consists of one extremely intense workset for each muscle group. for every body part, pick 3 movements which you feel will improve your physique the most, usually compound. every workout, you must strive to either increase the number of reps with the amount of weight you currently use, or increase the amount of weight used. the goal is 10+ reps, done in either a straight-set or rest-pause fashion.

to quote david henry in MD, "you choose a weight you can get 10 reps on your own", he then goes on to explain his set of hammer strength incline press, which he can get "11 or 12 reps with. Then, I pause and take exactly 15 breaths. I go again and knock out another three or four reps. Fifteen more breaths and now i can only get one or two reps. so far, I have done 15-20 total reps. But even though i can't get any more full reps, I do short one or two-inch partials from the stretch position, the bottom of the rep, until i can't budge it at all. That's all i do for chest until i train it again."

a typical split looks to be:
                      workout 1: chest/back width/back thickness/shoulders/triceps/traps
                      workout 2: quads/hams/glutes/biceps/calves
                      where you do alternate workouts every monday, wednesday, and friday.
                      when you can no longer increase the amount of weight you use or the amount of reps, you then rotate to the next out of your three selected exercises.

this is probably full of holes, please help me!

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by idk
                        if i posted what i think i know about DC training, will you members correct me?
                        yeah
                        www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

i'd love to seek help from Dante and/or Inhuman, but i live in hawaii and will probably not have the option of ever doing so. and i hear a lot of people say "unless you get their help, you will never know the full potential", stuff like that. but i doubt everyone on this board with DC knowledge has had personal attention given to them by either of the two moderators here.

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

dude.......you are begging here. you have a good start, but i'm concerned when you say you need a "refresher". usually a refresher means at one point you knew something well, but you lost that knowledge to a certain degree when you didn't use it or apply to your life. i think somewhere along the lines of this thread there is something a bit odd, because you are acting clueless about a lot of stuff when all you need is a reminder of the principles. no one here is trying to be a jerk to you, but lately there are lots of people begging for the full program to be given to them, and unfortunately for you and them, it is here, but you have to hunt it down like everyone else does. you have a good start, but keep going.
                            To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
                            --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
                            - Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
                            "Consistency can take you a long way"
                            - Homonunculus

Comment

as far as a lot of people begging for the full program, i agree its problematic, but at least there are a lot of people who want to see what this program is all about.
                              and yes, i am pretty clueless about a lot of things here, which is why i need help. i mean, is this something that Dante doesn't want spread around the world? im not asking for a full program here by any means, and i dont expect Dante or anyone to customize it for me, i just want a basic outline of what goes on so i can try training correctly and see at least some results and so that i represent DC correctly.

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

Working...
                              X