Armored Newbies journey to power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armored Newbies journey to power

hey guys! ive been reading journals & threads on this site so long i decided to start my own.

a little bout me: ive been lifting for a few years with no clear goal. i decided its time to get moving so im going to start at it. im 16 & hope to compete in local strongman & powerlifting in the next few years.

Weight: 165
    height: 6 ft

MAX LIFTS
    BENCH: 180x1 (not a good bencher, never liked it)

SQUAT: 240x1 (really need to work on this)

DEADLIFT: 315x1 (i love deadlifting, i got 315 for 3 once too)

CLEAN & PRESS: 145X1 (im limited only by my weak pressing strength)

i suffered a bad cut to my hand last night so im taking a few days off from lifting to let it heal. i plan to come back stronger than ever!

i will post my diet & routine tomoro as i am limited at the moment by my home set up but i should have enough cash after christmas to get more weights. wish me luck & stay strong bros!!! :peace:

Nice, you should definitely compete, just find a strongman competition near you with a lightweight teen class. Do you have access to strongman implements?

Comment

well im kinda improvising with wat i have now. i can do things like stones, farmers, axle & circus db presses& i have a sled. for stones i just have heavy ass rocks that i set on boards i set on top of tire stacks. thats pretty much it wen it comes to events. i have a bar & plates to do plenty of accessory work. i dnt knw how much the rocks are but i dnt think their heavier than 100 lbs.

thx for the reply too

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredCore94 View Post
        well im kinda improvising with wat i have now. i can do things like stones, farmers, axle & circus db presses& i have a sled. for stones i just have heavy ass rocks that i set on boards i set on top of tire stacks. thats pretty much it wen it comes to events. i have a bar & plates to do plenty of accessory work. i dnt knw how much the rocks are but i dnt think their heavier than 100 lbs.

thx for the reply too
        That's a good start. If you look on craigslist you can probably find a big tire for free too, you'll probably just have to pick it up. I'm guessing for the lightweight teens the stones would start around 150 or so, so if yours are over 100 you should be alright, just rep them out. Just keep lifting heavy man.

Comment

thats the plan bro hahah. heavy all day every day!

Comment

wats up! i actually got lucky enough to hit the gym last nite & it rocked! heres wat i did

squats (wide stance, glutes to calves): went up tp 225x2

leg press: worked up to 3 plates for 35 & did a drop set

sumo pulls of a 2 inch box: 65 for 15 (really just focused on the stretch since my hips felt tight)

seated leg curls: 2 sets of 10 w/ 90 lbs

Comment

you can also carry the rocks, also sandbags are cheap on ebay.

Comment

i got a keg today so i need to pop that open & fill with water. ive carried kegs & i like them more than rocks. thx for posting tim i really hoped ya would cuz ive been reading your journal & you got crazy strength!!!! very inspiring

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoredCore94 View Post
                  i got a keg today so i need to pop that open & fill with water. ive carried kegs & i like them more than rocks. thx for posting tim i really hoped ya would cuz ive been reading your journal & you got crazy strength!!!! very inspiring
                  haha thanks.

Actually when I started lifting weights I was about in the same spot as you are now, except I didn't know what strongman was, and I just worked out at the ymca, lol.

I remember getting picked on for doing decline bench with 2.5s on the bar...

If I could go back and tell myself one thing, it would be to focus more on getting bigger and stronger, 16-21 and even into 22/23 is such a good time to grow and get strong, and since i was doing "bodybuilding" I spent too much of this time doing things for looks only, if I would of focused on strength, who knows where I would be.

Comment

yeah i started at the ymca too haha. i only knew that orking out gave you muscles but in the past 2 years ive lerarned so much. my goals are just strength cuz i knw with my genetics i mite look good still haha

Comment

just chillin while house sitting. did some research & got my routine. its a lower volume modification of a standard westside template. an ME day & a DE day for squats/deadlifts & ohping

monday: OHP speed day
                      OHP: 5x3 (explosive, not to failure)
                      delt assistance movement: 3 sets, 8-12 reps
                      chin-up: 2 sets to failure w/ weights or bodyweight
                      BB, DB or Tbar row: 3x6-10
                      dynamic cardio like sled or sprints for 15-20 minutes
                      stretch

tuesday:Lower body ME day
                      Squat/Deadlift (alternate weekly): 3 work sets of 1-3 reps
                      squat/deadlift variation (def deads, box squats, etc.): 4x3-5
                      posterior chain/hip movement: 2 moderate weight sets
                      abs: 6 sets
                      stretch

wednesday:off

thursday: off

friday: OHP ME day
                      OHP: 3x3-1
                      bench press: 4x5-8 (i do this just to stay well rounded)
                      triceps:2 x 3-5
                      triceps: 2x8-10
                      stretch

Saturday: squat/deadlift DE day
                      Squat/deadlift (alternate): 5x3 (explosive)
                      box jump: 5-8 sets for 1-3 reps
                      biceps: 3x6-15
                      abs: 6x failure
                      stretch
                      Last edited by ArmoredCore94; 12-24-2010, 10:46 AM. Reason: error

Comment

hey guys! random non-strength related journal entry. Just went to my gfsplace & had a great time! got to eat an elk meat fried taco (scrumptious) & got an amazing present! i gotta brag a bit.. she's AMAZING!!!!

hahaha alright enough of that stay strong guys :bb:

Comment

Good luck w/your goals!
                          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

Originally posted by v1hyp View Post
                            Good luck w/your goals!
                            hey thanx alot pal ill do my best so nobody will have a boring read on this journal :peace:

Comment

alrighty! im done house sitting today so im gonna get home soon & get my stuff set up for a new week of training & a whole lotta progress

Comment

Working...
                              X