Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmoredCore94
    replied
    rolling thunder is the 1 habded thing right? i dont have the specific equipment but i tried one amr deadlifts with a bar & got 165. felt a hard pull on the biceps tendon. should you have strong bis for one arm lifts?

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Yaaaa... 301 is a beast of a pull though. Im gonna start focusing on this now.

Leave a comment:

• thetim
    replied
    bad ass stuff, you are decently close to the record: http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/ope...ngthunder.html

* if that is still the current record.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Today was the first time ive ever focused on the RT.. I deadlifted with Straps first then went straight to the RT due to limited time in the gym today.

Was very happy. Hit 232 with both hands then 242 with my right pretty easily.. got 252 off the ground but could not quite hold onto it. I suppose 250+ is right around the corner.

Ive decided that after my Strongman Competiton on Feb 19th im actually going to make Grip my focus for a while and all of my other lifts will be my accessory. My body is feeling rather beaten up and id like to make a run at this grip stuff for a while. So I guess Grip and Throwing will be my main focuses.

232 Both Hands
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSHZFBO4a0s

242 Right Hand
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb-khaxvdEw

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Back/Bis

Bent Over Rows
    135 x 10
    225 x 5
    315 x 14
    225 x 20
    225 x 10

Pull Downs
    180 x 10
    180 x 10

Reverse Grip
    180 x 10
    180 x 10

Bicep Curls
    50 x 10
    55 x 10
    60 x 10
    65 x 10

Concentration Curls.. ya thats right lol.
    30lbs x 15 x 3

Sledge Hammer
    30 reps x 2 sets

Boxing 3min x 3 rounds

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Overhead Press and Tire Flips today..

Warm up - Jump Rope

Axle OHP
    75 x 5
    75 x 5
    125 x 5
    165 x 5
    215 x 13 - 2 Rep improvement from last week.
    215 x 10
    255 x 2
    305 x 1
    325 x 0 - was just gassed after all the reps. bummer.

Tire Flips - 30 Seconds
    600lb x 10
    800 x 8
    800 x 8 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqkiKWgl9EM

Should be able to get 9, maybe squeak out 10 at the comp with a straight away!

My conditioning is better right now than it has been in a long time.. about 5 years probably.. Looking forward to my upcoming competition. Feelin pretty solid at about 304.5 lbs

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    No doubt man... TONS of stuff the dude brought. All competition grade too. Very cool.

Leave a comment:

• thetim
    replied
    hell yeah that sounds cool. get to train with everything without having to go out and buy it.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmoredCore94 View Post
    you do highland games?!! thats so cool!! what excercises do you do to help with the events? whats your favorite event? i wanted to do some games next year cuz my local games have the caber & throws. Good luck with the games!!
    Righ now im actually doing Highlander Games which is a blend of Strongman and Highland Games.

Im gettin pretty good at the LW For Distance and im decent at the Weight for Height.

NAHA is the name of the Organization. North American Highlander Association.

A guy came to our gym yesterday and left all his equipment and he has literally EVERYTHING for Highland games so ill now have everything to practice with. Should be fun. Its a nice change of pace.

Leave a comment:

• ArmoredCore94
    replied
    you do highland games?!! thats so cool!! what excercises do you do to help with the events? whats your favorite event? i wanted to do some games next year cuz my local games have the caber & throws. Good luck with the games!!

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Did some throwing today... Really enjoying it.

Highland games comp in March.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Ah.. couple days rest and getting my cals up did a body good! Felt great today!

Hammer Strength Rows to warmup
    4 plates x 10
    6 plates x 10
    8 plates x 10

Deadlifts
    225 x 3
    315 x 3
    405 x 3
    495 x 3
    545 x 1
    600 x 1 - very smooth, very easy.
    405 x 10
    315 x 20 - have not done this in a while and it felt awesome.

Rack Pulls above knee
    405 x 3
    495 x 3
    585 x 1
    675 x 1

Dumbell Curls
    50's x 10 x 3

Reverse Grip Pulldowns
    180 x 10 x 3

Good day.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    Sweet... Ill give that a go next time. Only pressing once a week between now and comp.. I am def overtrained at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• thetim
    replied
    Originally posted by Texas Strong View Post
    I have never used a true Viking Press... so we will see how this goes. At 210lbs Im hoping for 20+ reps.
    I think in my comp where I had the viking press, it was at 200, and I got 15 reps with one not counting because I didn't hold the lockout.

I think someone told me to push press 185 on a barbell and I got 14 reps, right before the comp. So I would imagine ~195lb push press to be a good start to gauge how many reps you can get.

Leave a comment:

• Texas Strong
    replied
    I have never used a true Viking Press... so we will see how this goes. At 210lbs Im hoping for 20+ reps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X