No announcement yet.

My back is killing me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the grip medley had to be one the coolest things I have ever seen. how many objects were there in total? and how much did the rolling thunders weigh?

Comment

• The RT's were very light... like 185 or so.. Ive done 245 on them so that was a piece of cake.

The medley was def badass.. I had a lot of fun with that. I got 1st in the medley with 35 out of 39 items complete. Missed the sloped 120 blob, 120 hex, 65 hub and Bending the Red Nail which I had no idea how to do lol.

Definately had fun... was well worth it.

Comment

• Back/Bis Accessory

Lat Pulldowns
        210 x 10
        240 x 10
        270 x 10
        290 x 10 - wish the machine could go heavier felt great

Seated Rows on Hammer Strength
        6 plates x 10
        8 plates x 10
        10 plates x 10
        10 plates x 10

One Arm Dumbell Rows
        120 x 10 x 3

Face Pulls
        80 x 10 x 3

Dumbell Curls
        50 x 10
        70 x 10
        80 x 10

Hammer Curls
        90 x 8
        100 x 8

Hammer Curls were bad idea lol.. Grip, Wrists and Forearms are still SHOT from Competition.

Comment

• Weighed in light today.. have not been monitoring my weight.. I was 297 today which is about 7 or 8lbs down. Ive decided to pack on a little more weight maybe get back up to 310 - 315 but still work on my conditioning.

Comment

• OHP - Since my upcoming comp has a 215lb Viking Press for Reps its gonna be a marathon lol so I need to start picking up my conditioning at this event.
            75 x 10
            125 x 10
            165 x 5
            215 x 11
            215 x 10
            215 x 11
            165 x 12 - spent

68lb Kettelbell Swings x 3 sets of 10

Snatches - 123 x 3
            189 x 3
            233 x 2

Tricep Push Downs Super Setted with Lateral Raises.. BLAH.

Comment

• I like viking press, it is a nice change of pace to pressing logs.

Comment

• I have never used a true Viking Press... so we will see how this goes. At 210lbs Im hoping for 20+ reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Texas Strong View Post
                  I have never used a true Viking Press... so we will see how this goes. At 210lbs Im hoping for 20+ reps.
                  I think in my comp where I had the viking press, it was at 200, and I got 15 reps with one not counting because I didn't hold the lockout.

I think someone told me to push press 185 on a barbell and I got 14 reps, right before the comp. So I would imagine ~195lb push press to be a good start to gauge how many reps you can get.

Comment

• Sweet... Ill give that a go next time. Only pressing once a week between now and comp.. I am def overtrained at the moment.

Comment

• Ah.. couple days rest and getting my cals up did a body good! Felt great today!

Hammer Strength Rows to warmup
                      4 plates x 10
                      6 plates x 10
                      8 plates x 10

Deadlifts
                      225 x 3
                      315 x 3
                      405 x 3
                      495 x 3
                      545 x 1
                      600 x 1 - very smooth, very easy.
                      405 x 10
                      315 x 20 - have not done this in a while and it felt awesome.

Rack Pulls above knee
                      405 x 3
                      495 x 3
                      585 x 1
                      675 x 1

Dumbell Curls
                      50's x 10 x 3

Reverse Grip Pulldowns
                      180 x 10 x 3

Good day.

Comment

• Did some throwing today... Really enjoying it.

Highland games comp in March.

Comment

• you do highland games?!! thats so cool!! what excercises do you do to help with the events? whats your favorite event? i wanted to do some games next year cuz my local games have the caber & throws. Good luck with the games!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArmoredCore94 View Post
                            you do highland games?!! thats so cool!! what excercises do you do to help with the events? whats your favorite event? i wanted to do some games next year cuz my local games have the caber & throws. Good luck with the games!!
                            Righ now im actually doing Highlander Games which is a blend of Strongman and Highland Games.

Im gettin pretty good at the LW For Distance and im decent at the Weight for Height.

NAHA is the name of the Organization. North American Highlander Association.

A guy came to our gym yesterday and left all his equipment and he has literally EVERYTHING for Highland games so ill now have everything to practice with. Should be fun. Its a nice change of pace.

Comment

• hell yeah that sounds cool. get to train with everything without having to go out and buy it.

Comment

• No doubt man... TONS of stuff the dude brought. All competition grade too. Very cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X