No announcement yet.

Boons Training Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't be able to compete until after the wedding but I'll definitely keep an eye on your site for future contest dates. Thanks for the link!

Here's an extremely quick update on my training. I don't have access to a gym anymore so it's all odd object and body weight work. I'm attempting to keep my strength up while dropping my body fat down to where I want it. I'll start posting my workouts this week.
    Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

Comment

Hand Stand Push Up- BW x 5, 3, 1

These were really just negatives after the first couple reps on the first set. Even then I had to use my feet to walk myself back up on each rep. That's ok though. Last week I could barely do 2 negatives so I'm improving.

Pull Ups superset with Jackknives-
      BW x 5 - BW x 10 (5 rounds total)

Fat Grip DB Rows- 50 x 100 total reps / arm

Fat Grip DB Side Bends- 50 x 20, 20
      Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Remember, if you can’t pick it, grow it, or kill it, you shouldn’t be eating it.- Justin Harris

Bodybuilding is stressful. The joy is seeing how incredibly the body adapts. The smart thing is to keep the machine as healthy as possible along the way, IMO.- Homon[/FONT]

Comment

Walking Lunges
        Bar + Tires x 8 steps/leg
        Bar + Tires + 10#/tire x 8 steps per leg
        Bar + Tires + 20#/tire x 8 steps per leg

Conditioning
        12 Sledge Slams/Arm
        5 50# DB Snatches/Arm
        12 Sledge Slams/Arm
        15 Push Ups

2 Rounds, 1 Minute Rest

Jump Rope
        100 Skips (Both Feet)
        25 Single Leg Skips
        50 Alt Foot Skips

3 Rounds, 1 Minute Rest
        Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Comment

[YOUTUBE]18diTw4YWgQ[/YOUTUBE]
          Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Comment

Litvinov Squat Day (90# Sandbag + 50# DB)

8 Squats + 50 yard sprint x 5 rounds

The sandbag was on one shoulder and the DB started out on the ground between my feet. I squatted down, grabbed the DB, came back up then each rep I touched the DB to the ground. Next time I'll bump the weight on the squats as well as the length of the sprint.

Roman Chair Sit Ups
            BW x 15, 15

50 Yard Sprint x 4 sprints (10 breathes between each sprint)

I was absolutely beat at the end of this. I haven't actually sprinted for any type of distance in a couple years lol.
            Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Comment

2 sets of Handstand Push Up Practice

DB Clean and Press
              50 x 5/5 x 2 sets
              70 x 5R/3L
              70 x 1/1 x 2 sets

Full Clean and Press each rep
              50 x 3/3 x 2 sets

Fat Grip DB Row
              100 x 7/7
              100 x 10/10

Regular Grip DB Row
              120 x 15/15
              120 x 10/10

Push Ups
              BW x 3 sets x sub max (20, 20, 10)

Sled Drag + Sandbag Carry for distance
              Started with 80 pounds on the sled and a 90 pound sandbag and only made it about 30ft before I about collapsed. So I decided I was going to do intervals but only made it another 10-15ft before I had to stop again so I dropped the sled to 50 pounds then went another 20 ft or so and turned around. I made it halfway back with that weight and couldn't budge it so I dropped it down to 25 in the sled, grabbed my bag and walked the rest of the way back. I would have kept going wit that weight but I tweaked my back a bit when picked the bag up the last time so I called it a day rather then seriously injuring myself. I'm feeling better now but with my history of back issues I didn't want to chance it.

[YOUTUBE]2Y2kMO8cgjY[/YOUTUBE]
              Trey Potter CSCS

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X