Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you can carry it 100 feet, it isn't heavy enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thetim View Post
    Ive been contemplating traveling to tenn. in november for record breakers, or my birth town of Cincinnati in august around my birthday, but both seem kind of crazy for my first meet.

Well I just saw this on the SPF site....
    12-17-2011 Tommy Fannons Meet
    Full Powerlifting Tampa Fl.
    More Information

seems ages away, but it stays up, that is only about 1:30 from my house at max. Could be a nice chance...
    definitely worth it dude, do it up! are you more interested in power lifting these days or strongman?

Comment

• Originally posted by syssstem View Post
      definitely worth it dude, do it up! are you more interested in power lifting these days or strongman?
      powerlifting right now, I just have so much more fun training, and looking forward to doing a meet. We will see after I do a meet.

Comment

• me upper:

floor press:
        bar
        135 - ton of sets
        185x3
        245x3
        295x3
        340x3
        355x3
        365x3 - PR

strict press:
        135x6
        210x6x3

band pushdowns:
        x36
        x20
        x17

pullups:
        close overhand/underhand/neutral
        x(3/3/3)
        x(3/3/3)
        x(3/3/3)

light stretching

wanted to treat today kind of like a deload day, plus I had to make it quick. It took me about 5 sets with 135 to finally get my floor press set up right. Had a good workout though, wasn't expecting to set a PR, so I stopped there.

Comment

• Originally posted by thetim View Post
          me upper:

floor press:
          bar
          135 - ton of sets
          185x3
          245x3
          295x3
          340x3
          355x3
          365x3 - PR

strict press:
          135x6
          210x6x3

band pushdowns:
          x36
          x20
          x17

pullups:
          close overhand/underhand/neutral
          x(3/3/3)
          x(3/3/3)
          x(3/3/3)

light stretching

wanted to treat today kind of like a deload day, plus I had to make it quick. It took me about 5 sets with 135 to finally get my floor press set up right. Had a good workout though, wasn't expecting to set a PR, so I stopped there.
          when your talking 135 for tons of sets is that of 3? or a buncha reps? just feeling it out?

what exactly ar eyou following for a program right now? how many days do you workout? what days? is it set in stone or do you just go every few days?

Comment

• I don't usually go over 5 reps during a warm up set. but on those i lost track of sets and reps, because I was trying to position the mats, and bar, etc. So I would adjust, maybe do a couple reps, adjust, etc.

I try to post all the sets I do, I might do an extra with the bar or 135, but usually it is 1-2 with the bar, then 1-5 with 135. I also do bands stretching, and sometimes some type of dynamic warmup.

um right now it is basically like this:

monday: DE UPPER
            tuesday: forward sled drags, lower back / abs stretching and foam roll
            wednesday: ME LOWER
            thursday: ankle or forward sled drags, lower back / abs stretching and foam roll
            friday: ME UPPER
            saturday: upper body sled drags, lower back / abs stretching
            sunday: DE LOWER / maybe foam roll

I just started a new three week wave, for both DE days.

DE UPPER:
            week 1: fat bar with mini's: 10x3 50% w/ mini bands
            week 2: fat bar with mini's: 9x3 55% w/ mini bands
            week 3: fat bar with mini's: 8x3 60% w/ mini bands
            - either week two or three work up to a heavy tipple, somewhere in 80-85% range

DE LOWER:
            week 1: speed box squat 12x2 45% + average bands / speed conv. pulls 10x1 50% + light bands
            week 2: speed box squat 10x2 50% + average bands / speed conv. pulls 9x1 53% + light bands
            week 1: speed box squat 8x2 55% + average bands / speed conv. pulls 8x1 50% + light bands

- first time with bands, going a little lower on the weight to get use to them, also more sets. At least one workout go up to a heavy double or single, maybe do a heavy single on a deadlift as well, but different workout.

ME UPPER:
            rotate - bench, 1 or 2 board bench, dead bench, floor press
            use an overhead log or axle if I'm burned out on bench

ME LOWER:
            rotate - squats, deadlifts, rack suspended gms, gm squats, banded gms, rack pulls with bands, pause squats, deads off platform, extra wide sumo pulls

should cover the basics.

Comment

• de lower

box squats with average bands
              bar
              bar+bands
              135x2
              205x2
              265x2x12

speed deads w/ lights:
              bar+bands
              135x3
              245x2
              335x1
              360x1x10

axle curls:
              bar
              130x10x4

band curls:
              x(25/25)
              x(25/25)

ab wheel:
              3x15

stretch

today sucked, because I couldn't get my form right on the box squats. It was really pissing me off. I know what my problem is, I need to take my feet wider, so I can sit back all the way onto the box. I just feel that at that last moment I'm not as tight, and if I lose that tightness, my free squat is going to suffer. It is something I have to come out of my comfort zone and work on, but if it hurts my raw squat, im screwed. deads went fine though, no belt. the belt was just getting in my way, so actually all de lower stuff will be without a belt, even box squats.

We will see how I do on wednesday when i squat, and hopefully next sunday I can get my form right.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mb0_SUx-A[/YOUTUBE]

easy listening jamming out music.

Comment

• de upper:

speed fat bar bench + minis:
                  bar
                  90x3
                  140x3
                  1803x9
                  230x5x2

axle z press:
                  120x3
                  200x5x3

jm press:
                  135x10
                  200x10-10-10-8

weighted pullups:
                  25x5-4-4-3

stretch

today went pretty good. speed bench felt so light and smooth i decided to go up a little and do a couple sets of 5. I was hesitant on doing the z press today since i did strict press on friday, but it went alright. I filmed the jm press, I will upload that later, and the weighted pullups felt really good.

Comment

• have you ever done 8 sets of squats? from de-racking and racking the bar my whole upper body is getting the most insane workout iv ever had up there. I cant even do pressing or rows after. I literally feel if I took a week off right now I could deadlift 6 plates, and I havn't deadlift in 3 months. It almost feels like Iv been doing crazy ammounts of rack pulls and pin presses. Any ideas why? I guess its a good thing if 1 exercise gives me a full workout? lol

what do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by syssstem View Post
                      have you ever done 8 sets of squats? from de-racking and racking the bar my whole upper body is getting the most insane workout iv ever had up there. I cant even do pressing or rows after. I literally feel if I took a week off right now I could deadlift 6 plates, and I havn't deadlift in 3 months. It almost feels like Iv been doing crazy ammounts of rack pulls and pin presses. Any ideas why? I guess its a good thing if 1 exercise gives me a full workout? lol

what do you think?
                      yesterday I did about 16 sets, if you include the warmups. Maybe it is something with the way you are holding the bar. Never been sore from holding the bar....

Comment

• [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkqWgucPVMk&NR=1[/youtube]

me lower

squats:
                        bar
                        135x5x2
                        245x3
                        335x3
                        445x1 - add belt
                        495x1 - add wraps
                        535x1
                        575x1
                        605x1 - PR
                        615x1 - add comp wraps, PR
                        410x10 - just belt

banded hypers:
                        3x15

ab wheel:
                        3x15

stretch

I thought at first i wasn't going to squat today, the bar was feeling really weird on my back. It smoothed out finally and I started squatting real good. 605x1 was a good rep, nice and deep. I decided to try my APT "The wrap" 2x, since I haven't ever used them and they have just been sitting there. They were definitely more "cast" like. It slightly messed up my stance and I wasn't able to spread my knees the way I wanted, I nailed it in terms of depth, but my knees buckled in a little. Still happy with the workout though, I need to take a nap now...

Comment

• me upper

dead bench:
                          bar
                          135x3x2
                          185x1
                          245x1
                          295x1
                          335x1
                          355x1
                          365x1
                          375x1
                          385x1 -PR, not for long
                          395x1 -PR, not for long
                          405x1 -PR

strict press:
                          135x6
                          215x6x3

pullups:
                          x10-9-7

stretch

good day today. I don't know if I didn't go high enough last time, or what, but I killed it on dead bench today. I had to slightly struggle to get 405 up, so I stopped there. I also felt my triceps got enough work today, so I decided not to do any direct work.

My new bench should finally arrive next week, and I'm going to test my max out on it.

Comment

• de lower

speed box squats + grey's:
                            bar
                            bar+bands
                            135x2
                            245x2
                            295x2x10

speed pulls + oranges:
                            bar+bands
                            135x3
                            245x2
                            335x1
                            385x1x9

banded hypers:
                            3x15

fat db preacher curls:
                            25x10
                            50x10-10-9-8

reverse grip curls:
                            105x15x2

banded abs:
                            3x15

stretch

wow, i am worn out, today kicked my ass. I feel i finally am getting the box squats right. I was feeling it in my glutes and hams, right where it should be working. I still need to work on my foot placement, but It is getting better. Speed pulls went so smooth. Oh, and the entire workout was done 100% raw, no belt, nothing...

Comment

• de upper:

speed bench w/ fat bar + red's:
                              bar
                              bar+bands
                              90x3
                              120x3
                              160x3
                              200x3x8

log z press:
                              115x6
                              200x3
                              210x3
                              225x3 - PR
                              230x1

close grip off 2 board:
                              135x6
                              275x10x4

pullups:
                              x12-9-7

stretch

wow! awesome workout today, speed work, strength work, weakness specified hypertrophy work, and pullups. I was surprised to hit a PR on the log z press.... My new bench came in on saturday and I got to use it today. Big difference. The pad is wider and thicker, and there is no gap, it is a flat bench pad. I know I'm going to be breaking some PR's on firday with it.

Comment

• I use to play with someone that kind of had this style. I could sit and listen for hours, one of life's greatest moments, lost in music.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulKEiHCx-k[/youtube]

Comment

Working...
                                X