Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you can carry it 100 feet, it isn't heavy enough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you can carry it 100 feet, it isn't heavy enough.

Well not yet.... But soon.

Some current stats:
    Weight: 295
    Height: 6'1
    Competitions:
    November 7th, 2009 Signature Fitness Championships NOVICE CLASS 7th place
    January 30th, 2010 Florida Strongman Championships NOVICE CLASS 1st place
    July 10th, 2010 Samson S&C Strongman Show HW CLASS - 2nd place
    September 18th, 2010 Central Florida Strongman Championships 265+ CLASS - 1st place

PR's:
    Squat: 625
    Bench: 450
    Deadlift 735
    Axle: 300
    Log: 305
    Farmers: 325x100'
    Yoke: 900x40'
    Stones: 380x5 to 52" 420x2

2010 Goals:
    Squat: 550 done!
    Deadlift: 675 done!
    Bench: 405 done!
    Overhead axle press: 300 done!
    Farmers: 325 x 100 feet done!
    Yoke: be able to handle ~800 done!
    Stone: 380 21'' stone to 48-50'' - complete, 380 to 54" done!
    compete in a heavyweight strongman show done!
    reach 280lbs done!

2011 Goals:
    Squat: 650
    Deadlift: 780
    Bench: 470
    Overhead axle press: 340 for reps
    Farmers: 400x50'
    Yoke: be able to handle ~900 done!
    Stone: rep a 400+ stone over 52" done!
    Do a Raw Powerlifting Meet
    Get to single digit bf%

What I need to be competitive...
    deadlift 800 for reps
    ~900 yoke for ~85feet in less then 15 seconds
    heavy arm over arm
    stones 265-440 series in ~25 seconds or less
    ~355 farmers for at least 165 feet in less then 30 seconds.
    log 400, axle also 400
    Last edited by thetim; 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM.

Sounds tough do you like do strongman comps or something?

Comment

Originally posted by cedriclee11 View Post
      Sounds tough do you like do strongman comps or something?
      Yes, I did my first comp on November 7th, and it was a great time. So I decided that even if i dont really compete a lot, I would still want to do some strongman stuff. So i sold some old junk and got some money to get started, right now ive spent 420bucks on stuff and still have about 30bucks left to spend

With that being said, I do wish to train hard and do upcoming competitions that are around my area.

Comment

sweet man! THE SAND BAG SUCKS HUH? Its a hard bag to carry and murders everyone lol, mine weighs 310, so if youd packed yours in as well, its atleast 300 pounds

you got a yoke on the way to?

what else you plan on getting?
        "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Comment

The title caught my eye...thats heavy to me..lol
          I hope you reach your goals.
          90 day fitness challenge

Comment

Going to keep an eye on this one.
            Originally posted by MoGeaYuglay
            "DC is for people who are seriously stuck or advanced (which a 16 year is not, even if they started training at 5y/o), here's 5x5 (insert madcow's link), you'll grow better with this
            -the management"
            "Any action without purpose is meaningless."

Comment

Originally posted by MilitaryMuscle View Post
              sweet man! THE SAND BAG SUCKS HUH? Its a hard bag to carry and murders everyone lol, mine weighs 310, so if youd packed yours in as well, its atleast 300 pounds

you got a yoke on the way to?

what else you plan on getting?
              let me put it this way, while carrying it, Im saying this sucks, then i set it down and feel like superman and say that was light, lol. Im going to pack some more sand in it, then take the other bag i got and put it over it, so it is double bagged so it will hold up.

No right now I have:
              600lb tire
              farmers walk handles with 230lbs free weight each handle
              wheelbarrow with chain and straight bar attachment, for pulling
              sand bag
              misc. old weight (1 80lb db, some concrrete weights, etc.)
              and a stationary bike

In the future:
              Keg
              21' stone mold for stones

in the future, future, lol:
              yoke
              log

Im basically going to train with what i got, maybe once a week, do some medleys, some basic stuff to keep conditioning good, then maybe next spring/summer start really hitting it hard, and when i find another local contest and their planned events, start training for those specifically.

Comment

ok so i decided to train today.

first day training strongman and wow, i need major improvement if i even plan on hanging with the heavyweights.

so i started with a tire pull medley,
                600lb tire 75 feet then pull 450+ for 125 feet.
                ok so conditioning on the tire was pretty good, so was strength, i think i only rested the tire on my knee once. The only problem i had here was the grip, my tire is hard to get a grip to flip. I flipped the tire 75 feet no prob, then ran over to my sled, which pulled pretty good. I need to work on foot work and technique and definitely conditioning, because i got about 50 feet and i was tired, and was going to keep going but something i didn't plan ahead on was the street, there was this mountain of gravel and sand all over, i guess from a rain deposit. So i was slipping and i couldn't get grip with my feet to pull. So i just stopped at 50 feet.

So improvements are; tire: work on technique, work on conditioning. Sled: work on foot work, technique, and definitely conditioning, i was breathing hard.

Next i attempted the 250lb farmers walk. I had a table set up at 80 feet, and wanted to walk downa nd around the table and back, yeah no, that didn't happen, i got about 40 feet and on my second drop i said something is wrong. So i decided to move the table to 50 feet and try again with knee wraps. Again 40 feet and on second drop i said WTF. Well it wasn't the picking it up the holding or the walking, it was just slipping out of my hand. So I remembered yesterday i really hammered my grip in the gym holding the entire weight stack 225lbs in each hand repeatedly. Plus my implements are smooth, no texture.

so improvements are; GRIP!!!!!! going to get some chalk, and just work on trying to hold these bad boys, i can pick them up and walk with them no prob, but my grip is almost worthless lol

At this point i was looking to try and redeem myself and at least do something that was impressive, or at least impressive to me, lol.

So i set the sand bag up, which i topped off with sand and double bagged it, so i know it has to be about 310. at 120 feet from my garage. Wrapped my knees and picked it up and carried it the entire 120feet in one good trip. It only slipped a tiny bit but i was still able to carry it.

so improvements are; Picking it up, it took me a couple seconds to get into position to grasp it and pick it up off the ground, got to work on that, but the carrying was good and i think my overall technique is good.

So overall it wasn't a total loss, i learned what i need to improve on. I got a lot of work to do, im glad im starting now, because next year will come fast. I update when i get a new implement or decide how im going to train next week.

oh here are a couple pics of my stuff, not too shabby...
                Attached Files

Comment

good job today bro, you just more than likely need some chalk man for the farmers....

plus grip goes quick (meaning mine overtrains easily and like you said you did hercules holds yesturday...... which i think are very beneficial btw and they make your forearms looked jacked lol)

dont practice turns for now, just practice on max weight for say 50 feet and 100+ feet (unless u have to turn due to space constraints)
                  "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Comment

good job today bro, you just more than likely need some chalk man for the farmers....

plus grip goes quick (meaning mine overtrains easily and like you said you did hercules holds yesturday...... which i think are very beneficial btw and they make your forearms looked jacked lol)

dont practice turns for now, just practice on max weight for say 50 feet and 100+ feet (unless u have to turn due to space constraints)
                    yeah i think some chalk is a must buy for me.

i was actually just thinking that, about the farmers walk, i think next week im going to set up the farmers out about 75 feet then flip the tire to the farmers then carry those back, and maybe try stuff like that. The only reason i attempted the turn was because that is what i did in my past contest...

yeah those holds are great, my forearms were pumped, but they do tire easy.

i got to get a keg also, i want to do some keg presses and also a sandbag carry, keg carry to the sled, then do a pull with both in the sled. i like doing medleys for some reason.

Comment

medlays are good man, they build your condition and every contest is going to have atleast 1 (most likely 2 medlays) , so its lways good to train them.... i like them to since they are always my best events.....

what u really need is a stone lol..... atleast ONE!

I dont know about your area..... but mybe you can find a big stone laying around and use it for natural stone loading and use it in carrys for medlays..... could be cool and it would be free.....

try this next week.....

50 foot farmers / 50 feet tire flip / 50 feet drag.......

Comment

medlays are good man, they build your condition and every contest is going to have atleast 1 (most likely 2 medlays) , so its lways good to train them.... i like them to since they are always my best events.....

what u really need is a stone lol..... atleast ONE!

I dont know about your area..... but mybe you can find a big stone laying around and use it for natural stone loading and use it in carrys for medlays..... could be cool and it would be free.....

try this next week.....

50 foot farmers / 50 feet tire flip / 50 feet drag.......
                        im going to just shell out the money for the stone mold, figured i cold also get some re sale for it online if i absolutey have no need for it down the road.

but yeah im going to find a big stone, and i even heard of a place that has some old boat anchors lying around. I do love free shit

do that as a medley? sounds something i could pull off.

Comment

thought i would post up my diet.... this is preety spot on for workout days, the only difference on non workout days would be the absence of the pre/post workout meals, and i swap meals here and there and eat out sometimes... buts its close:

meal one: morning shake
                          3 large egg whites, 1 scoop ON why, 1 cup fat free milk, 1 serving of Naturally more PB, 1 med-large banana, hershey cocoa to

flavor(2tbsp)
                          ~60grams of protein
                          ~25grams of carbs
                          ~13grams of fat
                          --- B-Complex 100mg, Vitamin B5 500mg, Vitamin C 1gram

*** Right before meal two 1 serving of metamucil (for disgestion)
                          ~0grams of protein
                          ~9grams of carbs
                          ~0grams of fat

meal two: Ronnie is the man
                          1 overfilled cup of regular grits, three slices of fat free american cheese, and 10 large egg whites
                          ~60grams of protein
                          ~70grams of carbs
                          ~2grams of fat
                          --- Low dose aspirin 81mg

pre preworkout:
                          ~7grams of protein
                          ~14grams of carbs
                          ~0grams of fat

meal three: pre workout
                          just a simple shake to give me quick energy and some lasting energy.
                          1/2 cup of rolled oats, gatorade powder, 1 scoop of ON whey
                          ~30grams of protein
                          ~55grams of carbs
                          ~5grams of fat

Meal four post workout, baiscally the same thing just a tad more gatorade and one more scoop of ON whey
                          1/2 cup of rolled oats, gatorade powder, 2 scoops of ON whey
                          ~55grams of protein
                          ~70grams of carbs
                          ~5grams of fat

Meal five: fish
                          1 cup of rolled oats, 8oz talapia, green tea, 1 serving of LBA's
                          ~60grams of protein
                          ~60grams of carbs
                          ~7grams of fat

---carb cutoff

meal six: chicken
                          12oz of fresh white chicken breast, light bar-b-que, fish oil, EVOO, mixed vegtables
                          ~60grams of protein
                          ~25grams of carbs
                          ~10grams of fat
                          --- Uusally take some potassium and some added taurine around this time, either before this meal or the next.

meal seven: chicken
                          12oz of fresh white chicken breast, light bar-b-que, EVOO, mixed vegtables
                          ~60grams of protein
                          ~25grams of carbs
                          ~6grams of fat

meal eight: MEAT
                          8oz of fresh red meat, usually petitie sirloin, fish oil, green tea, EVOO, mixed vegatables, 1 glass of fat free milk
                          ~55grams of protein
                          ~35grams of carbs
                          ~10grams of fat

meal nine: before bed
                          cottage cheese, 1 serving of the naturally more pb, and some fat free milk, 1/2 serving of ON whey protein
                          ~45grams of protein
                          ~34grams of carbs
                          ~15grams of fat
                          --- Vitamin B5 500mg, maybe a another Vitamamin B-Complex 100, then try to get some magnesium(this is supposed to be a cal

mag zinc, but i accidently bought just the mageniusm complex, so next time around...)

totals:
                          ~490grams of protein = 1960cals
                          ~420grams of carbs = 1680cals
                          ~75grams of fats = 675cals
                          roughly 4315cals

Comment

Originally posted by thetim View Post
                            ...but yeah im going to find a big stone, and i even heard of a place that has some old boat anchors lying around. I do love free shit
                            If they aren't free, if you get a price let us know. I'm just curious what an anchor would cost or how they are sold (IE, weight, size, etc.)?
                            Muscle used is muscle gained.

RuneKast Tattoos

Comment

Originally posted by Onslaught View Post
                              If they aren't free, if you get a price let us know. I'm just curious what an anchor would cost or how they are sold (IE, weight, size, etc.)?
                              i have to talk to my grandpa, he told the place but i cant remember it i was chowing down on turkey and sweet potato.

Comment

Working...
                              X