Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIX
    replied
    did deficit deadlifts yesterday, made some new boxes to stand on, so bar is now about even with feet, have to get really low for normal pulls with me being so tall, liked these yesterday bc they forced me to drop my hips even lower...
    135x5
    245x5
    295x3
    315x3
    335x3....glutes and hams fried by this point

bw ghr's

lots of stretching, front squats later today/stones if i have time, if not this weekend

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    Deadlifted again today and worked up to 590# for a single today. Progressively getting better. Want to get 600# by next week. Some OH stuff this weekend and maybe events.

Working on putting together another contest for January. Will be an indoor venue, about 10,000 square feet inside. Want to get more than strongman going this time. Hopefully I'll be able to add some type of martial arts and powerlifting to the mix and make it a "strength" day of all sorts.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_Mc2
    replied
    Nice job on the competition Kyle!

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    Fall is definitely here! With the cold weather approaching, the winter always is a fun time for knee and ankle joints I got some new grip tools in the mail from www.grip4orce.com I received the “regular” and “solid” kind I believe they are and used them in training today for the first time.

Since this past Saturday I hit a pr with the 550 x 2 deadlift in competition, I wanted to get back at it today and 560 for a smooth single, tried 580 but just couldn’t lock it out, next week though! I used the “regular” grips today just for some barbell holds. 245lbs on the bar, felt like 555lbs on the bar! Now it’s more than likely because I rarely, if ever train my grip. I did 5 sets of 15 second holds. Tried to hold longer but hands kept cramping up. I expect the time to increase as it use them longer of course. If anyone reading this wants a pair, get in contact with me, because i can get them at a discounted rate compared to their website. Some core work and tried hanging from a chin-up bar with the grips, boy was that fun!

Also working on adding an equipment company to teambix. Just want to provide an avenue to get quality training gear at a discounted rate for you guys. Stay tuned for more details.

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    write-up from this past weekend's Steel Valley Strongman contest in Austintown, OH:

Wow what a day. 5 hours out and 5 hours back on route 80 makes for a long day, let alone competing in a strongman contest, but hey it’s what we love to do. This was my first contest in over a year’s time. Great show and met a bunch of new people, which is always good.

First event – log press – 240lbs
    Have never been good at this, never. Being 6’7 with really long arms doesn’t help matters either. Never even cleaned 240lbs with a log before. Mission accomplished there. The press of the 240 is going to need a lot of work though, barely budged it. 0 reps

Second event – Farmer’s Walk – 260lbs per hand, 50 feet down, turn and 50 feet back. Knew I could make up some ground here. 3rd best time here I believe. Happy to finish with out a drop, since hadn’t trained farmer’s since last contest I did.

Third event – Keg Carry – 170, 200, 200lb kegs – carry 50 feet and run back once per keg. Most medley type or carrying events i usually do good in. This one my feet got ahead of themselves on the 2nd keg of the 3 keg run and slipped briefly costing me some time.

Fourth event – Monster Dumbbell press for reps – 150lbs. Cleaning the thing was not a problem. Trying to balance the thing was another story! By the time I got it balanced ready to press, my energy was spent!

Fifth event – 550lb Deadlift for reps – straps and belt only, no suites allowed. Never deadlifted this much weight from the floor before. First one flew up and kind of suprised myself, second one too, attempted a third rep, but that wasn’t happening, at least on that day.

Sixth event – Medley, flip 500lb tire 50 feet, load 230# stone, drag 500lb sled 50 feet. Was really hungry by this point. The venue had huge signs of food all around them and one in particular (uhum taco bell) was staring right in front of me all day long. Just a little added bonus to finish, so i could go get that 12 pack of tacos for the ride home!
    Will did a great job putting on his first show. He had a lot of good people helping all day long. Time for me to keep working on over head pressing, which if i can ever figure out, will help me tremendously in this sport!

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    Deadlift needs work. Did some deads today, hip felt better so figured why not. Warmed up to 475 and hit that easily. I added a measly 25 pounds and hit a wall! The start of my deadlift is just not happening, no pop. Went and did some deficit deadlifts then instead. Went up to 405 for 5 reps of 3 sets. I think this is the route I'm going to go up until contest time, at least one more session of the deficit deads and then after the comp, focus on these for a good month or two. Also ordering a deadlift suit. Titan Velocity from www.BodysBestSupplements.com It's a custom order job. Not sure how many, but I'm sure it will take a couple of weeks to get here. Excited for that to get here and a goal of mine is to compete in a powerlifitng comp in 2011.

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    Last couple training sessions:

Sunday:
    deads from floor
    everything for 2's
    315x2
    365x2
    405x2
    445x2
    495x2
    rack lockouts (bar just above knee)
    445x3
    535x3
    645x3
    735x3, ended up being like 20 second holds at the top

Tuesday:
    Decided to do some atlas stone loads last night even though by lower back hasn’t been feeling all that great. 330 stone to the 48″ platform for 2. A PR for me, don’t know how to explain it either since I didn’t expect much going into training. Wanted to hit some shoulders too so I did some Z presses and rest paused them 95lbs for 28 rest paused. About 2 weeks of training left till Steel Valley Strongman Comp that I plan to compete in, which is slated for October 9th. Ran through the keg carry earlier in the week, no problem there. Plan is to run through the farmer’s event this weekend and also the pressing event.

Squats later today

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    pressing day today

got a sweet deal on a bunch of 100lb plates and will sell a couple off if anyone is interested, $80 a piece, if you want shipping figure that price out and add it on

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    6/30
    deads from floor
    warm up singles to 455
    455 x 1, 6 singles today, hips were not feeling 100% from work, singles felt good though

bw chins x 50

bench lying leg lifts for abs, (can't think of exact terminology right now lol)
    bw x 50

tire flips
    660# tire x 4 sets of 5 flips

called it a day after that

7/3
    felt like doing stones today...couldn't load the 360#, pissin me off,
    280 for a bunch of warm ups
    310 for 2
    330 for 1
    360 miss, three times, called it a day

strict log presses
    90 x 5
    110 x 5
    130 x 5

ss with cgbp's
    225 x 5
    245 x 4
    245 x 2

weight is up to 258 which is good considering how many hours i've been putting in with work and contest prep, want to keep putting on size and strength, will be logging supplements from bodys best supplements next week, if you haven't looked into that thread you should on my site you should, good way to get some free supps

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    chest/tri's today

flat bench
    singles up to 315
    225x1
    275x1
    295x1
    315x1
    335xmiss
    325xmiss

just trying to see where i'm at with the singles strength wise since training has been sporadic

bodyweight dips
    strength still decent at these, 7 sets to get to 100

plan to get some good training in this week, finally have a few days off before i head out to oil city, pa this weekend for their contest...been incredibly busy the past few months, between promoting 3 contests in 3 months and helping judge/score keep/help in 2 others, plus work, moving to a new house, etc, things have finally slowed down some and plan is to get training back on course for a comp in late summer

basketball game tonight, so that'll be the cardio for the day, other than that have been getting 30 mins a day in on the elliptical

Leave a comment:

• sunlovinCO
    replied
    Bix... Where are you???

Leave a comment:

• thetim
    replied
    Originally posted by BIX View Post
    nice, thanks, what is ur bodyweight right now? if anything remember this, usually that class, the 232-265 gets screw cuz ur lifting the same weights as the SHW's so unless u are close to 265 it sometimes is more beneficial to cut down to the 231 weight class, plus after you weigh in, u should be able to eat your way back up into the 250 range no problem
    im about 255, weighed in at 260 in the gym today. I would say around 14 percent bf, lean though... i contemplated that several times... but i want to keep growing and getting stronger at the same time. So im just going to try and stick with it.

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    nice, thanks, what is ur bodyweight right now? if anything remember this, usually that class, the 232-265 gets screw cuz ur lifting the same weights as the SHW's so unless u are close to 265 it sometimes is more beneficial to cut down to the 231 weight class, plus after you weigh in, u should be able to eat your way back up into the 250 range no problem

Leave a comment:

• thetim
    replied
    cool, nice lifts, I plan on being in the same class as well, 232-265...

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    thought it was the 280 stone, but i later found out it was the 300lb stone, lol

i either compete in the LW 231's or the HW232-265 class, depends on what time of year and if i feel like cutting weight, lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X