Bix's strongman log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bix's strongman log

Who ever created this....thank you! Great idea having a separate section here for strongman journals! Update on me, been sick for like 2 weeks with this damn flu/sinus stuff, finally better, doing some event training later tonight, finally!

We are putting on one last contest in December at the KPC. This time collecting toys for the Toys for Tots. If you can, please stop by and donate a new toy! We are trying to collect 100 for the day!
    NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
    2015 contests:
    Contest Info
    KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Originally posted by BIX View Post
    Who ever created this....thank you! Great idea having a separate section here for strongman journals! Update on me, been sick for like 2 weeks with this damn flu/sinus stuff, finally better, doing some event training later tonight, finally!

We are putting on one last contest in December at the KPC. This time collecting toys for the Toys for Tots. If you can, please stop by and donate a new toy! We are trying to collect 100 for the day!
    dang thats what happened, i was looking for u at Lou's contest.... hope u feel better man and ill try to make it up there
    "BBing should be a lifetime pursuit or are you are missing the point . Make that in your plans from the very begining .Take it as far as you wish [ and genetics will allow ] , but don't miss what bbing is suposed to be about .Or you really will be missing out ....." - IABADMAN

Use JSB982 as your discount code at trueprotein.com and recieve 5% discount on all orders.

http://www.nastrongmaninc.com/pdf/entries/bsform.pdf = link to strongman comp augest 8th in norfolk, va

Comment

Glad you like the Journal section and very glad you are using it. I have been working with Skip to come up with new ideas for the Strongman Forum and I really felt this was an area people would like to see! If you have anything else you would like to see please post it or PM me!

Comment

First time i hit the gym since being sick on Wednesday for some partial deadlifts ~15 inches
        400x1
        450x1
        500x1
        550x1
        600xmiss.........fatigue was def a factor from not doing anything and being sick for almost 2 weeks, i will have to build back up what i lost

lat pulldowns
        200 x 12
        stack x 10
        stack x 8

seated cable rows
        180 x 12
        stack x 8

lying leg curls
        120 x 12
        160 x 10

bw chins
        5 sets to get to 50 reps, again fatigue, if the tacky i ordered gets here in time for sunday we will be doing stones, if not log and more pressing work...

getting things ready for "strongmen support santa." we have a bunch of local business interested in this contest and hope to collect a lot of toys for Toys for Tots, we are actually going to make the location of the contest a drop off spot for toys all day long
        2015 contests:
        Contest Info

Comment

good work. working up to a "fatigued" 600 is pretty awesome.

Comment

I bet it feels good to be training again Kyle. Getting sick sucks. I may have to check out your Christmas contest. Looks like fun if I'll be in the area.
            The only difference between a dream and a nightmare is how big your balls are.

Comment

yea getting sick sucks big time, it does feel good to be back at it again, thanks mike......

Did stones and tires yesterday....

finally got tacky in the mail saturday! so i had to do stones sunday, we started to bring equipment inside this weekend too, so if any of you are coming next weekend to train, we will be bringing in the remainder of the equipment before it starts to snow, which unfortunately i think will be soon around here!

230 stone to 44" platform
              2 sets of 5
              280 stone
              2 sets of 4
              1 set of 4

Tires
              600#
              6 flips
              6 flips
              8 flips

then lots of house work, getting ready to move, did this for the rest of the day!.....pressing and such will be wednesday or if i have time later today, felt great to be able to get back doing stones though, by far my favorite event
              2015 contests:
              Contest Info

Comment

rack deads yesterday, first time in a while doing deads in the rack

405x1
                495x1
                585x1
                605x1
                500x11 (timed 60 seconds)

SLDL's
                315x6

bw back ext

low back a little sore today
                2015 contests:
                Contest Info

Comment

no training till tomorrow, but i did launch www.pastrongman.com for Pennsylvania strongman yesterday, check it out if ya haven't, Creator_11 who is on here too, did the design and a great job he did as always!
                  2015 contests:
                  Contest Info

Comment

all speed work yesterday:

bb push viper presses
                    135 x 5
                    155 x 5
                    185 x 3
                    185 x 3
                    185 x 3

seated bb military style lockouts
                    135 x 5
                    185 x 5
                    225 x 3

side laterals
                    35 x 10

CGBP
                    135 x 15
                    185 x 12
                    225 x 8

i am planning on doing another contest in january, but i wasn's sure which weight class i'd fall in....well i weighed myself last night to find i'm still 257! I swore I had to lose weight and would have been in the 240 range, so that was great news when i saw that scale! So i'm going to push the bodyweight as close to 270 as possible, shouldn't be that hard with the holidays coming up
                    2015 contests:
                    Contest Info

Comment

been training a lot, just haven't had a chance to update the journal, training again later tonight, bodyweight is doing good, have been around the 260 mark, which makes me happy for right now, want to push that close to 270 and next comp i am shooting for is jan 7th
                      2015 contests:
                      Contest Info

Comment

deads from the floor yesterday
                        went for triples today, had some of the powerlifting guys lifting with so that helped as always

315 x 3
                        405 x 3
                        495 x 3
                        585 x 2 *just missed 3, would have been a pr too, was so pissed, lets just say the front desk didn't appreciate it, lol

accessory work
                        GM's
                        185 x 8
                        225 x 6

bb rows
                        225 x 8
                        315 x 8

cg lat pulldowns
                        210 x 8
                        210 x 8

will be going back to the deadlift westside program i did about 6 months ago soon, wanted to get a baseline for the accessory work, hence the reps of 8 everywhere, lol
                        2015 contests:
                        Contest Info

Comment

Nice deads Kyle.
                          The only difference between a dream and a nightmare is how big your balls are.

Comment

Well you've got me convinced. Now it's just time to read up and nut up to lift. Hey, Mike is from DC...he may come for an event in Ocean City...Just sayin.
                            Originally posted by MoGeaYuglay
                            "DC is for people who are seriously stuck or advanced (which a 16 year is not, even if they started training at 5y/o), here's 5x5 (insert madcow's link), you'll grow better with this
                            -the management"
                            "Any action without purpose is meaningless."

Comment

workin on that OC contest, it's going to be a production to get it done, they are going to send me the paperwork and then once all that is done i will have to speak before city council there in oc to get it approved!
                              2015 contests:
                              Contest Info

Comment

Working...
                              X