Carb backloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bulldogwrestlr View Post
    Haha that's what I like about Kiefer (and science) stuff constantly changes and so should the opinions. I used to listen to all his podcasts. Got a little "my way is the best screw the rest" for me but usually had good info and research reviews. I liked it better as dangerously hardcore more than the body.io thing

Yeah, skeptical spidey senses tend to go off when opinions are presented in such fashion.

I've seen nutrient timing coming in at roughly 10% in terms of effectiveness for diet success. That is, make sure your calories and macronutrients are in line first.
    #docswholift
    PGY-1 FM
    "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
      Yeah, skeptical spidey senses tend to go off when opinions are presented in such fashion.

I've seen nutrient timing coming in at roughly 10% in terms of effectiveness for diet success. That is, make sure your calories and macronutrients are in line first.
      True, not to mention making sure that you're training hard (or even training in the first place!) I think there are people of the general public to who this diet was marketed at as a miracle weight loss method, but I'm sure some of these people overlook the actual training part!

Comment

Food Palatability-Reward Hypothesis

Originally posted by Collabera View Post
        To me it all sounds too complicated and slightly too generalized. Meaning it is marketed like it will work for everyone. But it comes with the convenience of letting you have your cake and eat it too.

Ideally we could all be robots who can eat the same foods at every meal each day with little to no spices or condiments and no water flavoring all the time, prep or off season. But, that sounds really shitty and life is too short to be like that with your diet if you are not a pro bodybuilder and will never be one.
        Bland food off-season is just insanity, but there are some benefits while on a cut.
        #docswholift
        PGY-1 FM

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
          Nicotine + caffeine is a great fat loss ergogenic and helps a lot with appetite. I wouldn't recommend it to everyone but it definitely helps.
          I tried this. Wow. Not good for me. Very moody.
          International Elite Raw Powerlifter
          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn "Future" Bellon View Post
            I tried this. Wow. Not good for me. Very moody.
            You think it was the stim feeling from nicotine making you moody, or perhaps the lack of food (if you were dieting at the time)?

I tend to have people tell me they were moody from a stimulant but really they were "hangry" and they just couldn't tell because they weren't actually feeling the hunger sensations. (in my supplement store)
            Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
            FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
            www.316fit.com
            Email: [email protected]

Comment

I started this while im on a cruise period, tougher than you may think starting out. I can tell I need some damn carbs at about 12oclock. Not going to use crap carbs for the load. I cant believe how much im eating and still feel hungry. Getting my protein number very easily now haaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Colokrom View Post
                I can tell I need some damn carbs at about 12oclock
                Yeah my dietary adherence blows if I'm denied carbs all day.
                #docswholift
                PGY-1 FM

Comment

Originally posted by nexa View Post
                  Yeah my dietary adherence blows if I'm denied carbs all day.

Im still loading at night, so waiting for post workout is becoming a carb party.

Getting nervous thou.....up 2lb average for the week

OK....OK...you caught me over using smilies.

Comment

Originally posted by Colokrom View Post
                    Im still loading at night, so waiting for post workout is becoming a carb party.

Getting nervous thou.....up 2lb average for the week

OK....OK...you caught me over using smilies.
                    Are you eating MORE food because you're waiting to eat carbs in the evening?

Example: You added extra fats where you would normally place carbs in the day due to hunger, and then at night you eat the carbs that you would normally have on top of your added fat intake?

That would cause some weight gain.

Moving macros around through the day but not adding or subtracting them shouldn't really cause any sort of gain or loss on a noticeable scale short term.
                    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                    www.316fit.com
                    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Gotta keep in mind the whole calories in vs calories out balance. That's why I personally wouldn't think it to be a good idea to add oil / butter / heavy whipping cream / whatever to my coffee (as seems to be recommended in CBL), if my goal was to lose weight (body fat). To me, that seems like adding in a lot of extra cals where i could quite happily go without.

So like Fade said, I'd be wary about adding a lot of fats to my diet, even if it was limited to daytime only, but then still be eating a whole bunch of carbs later on, because those calories will add up!

Comment

Originally posted by fade View Post
                        Are you eating MORE food because you're waiting to eat carbs in the evening?

Example: You added extra fats where you would normally place carbs in the day due to hunger, and then at night you eat the carbs that you would normally have on top of your added fat intake?

That would cause some weight gain.

Moving macros around through the day but not adding or subtracting them shouldn't really cause any sort of gain or loss on a noticeable scale short term.
                        Total calories remains the same, just holding off all carbs until after workout. So all in all there is prob a small carb deficit compared to my normal daily intake. There is also a slight increase in fat, but just from meat sources.
                        Im just making light of the carb craving.
                        Realistically I would rather gain weight right now, so Im hoping that the back loading starts the process of the muscular storage and depletion become more efficient.
                        Also keep in mind that my carb sources are fairly clean..no pop tarts.
                        Just hi gi after work out, tapering to low gi near bed time.

Im sorry I didn't make it more clear, currently Im bulking so my calories are high. I would like to try and gain weight while not getting as fluffy as I did during my last bulk. So Im trying to keep cals high while limiting fat storage. Just being funny about gaining two lbs.

Also during my last bulk, I had some food aversion issues late. Now Im eating a ton and feel unsatisfied...complete opposite just from moving carbs around.
                        Last edited by Colokrom; 12-04-2015, 06:12 AM.

Comment

any good tips for getting leaner?

Comment

Working...
                          X