Most Essential Competition Tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Essential Competition Tools?

I've got my first strongman competition coming up and a $100 budget towards anything that would benefit me in the comp.

Events are:
    Axle clean press for reps w/ 1 clean
    Trap bar deadlift for reps (straps not allowed)
    Prowler push (fastest time)
    Tire flip (6 flips, fastest time)
    Stone over bar for as many as possible with same weight

The only equipment I own are a belt, knee and elbow sleeves and a pair of Chuck Taylor's (my lifting shoes). I know thetim has posted a sticky with things to bring but that's one long list. What would you guys say are the top priorities for these specific events as far as equipment for game day goes?

I was also considering a pair of Vulkan warm pants but wasn't sure if a newbie like me should wait before investing over half my alloted budget into something like that and just be happy with a pair of quality compression shorts.

Well, I just found out that the contest I was registered for and have been training for has been canceled. That kinda makes my question pointless now.

Comment

Typically, for the first few competitions, I went with the basics. Belt, wraps, water. Hell, you may get out there and decide to train for another year before competing again, so if you bust the bank getting all the latest and greatest equipment, it's just going to sit there for another 12 months. Especially if you're on a budget.

Sucks it got cancelled though. Once you find another one, let us know.
      …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by mark! View Post
        Typically, for the first few competitions, I went with the basics. Belt, wraps, water. Hell, you may get out there and decide to train for another year before competing again, so if you bust the bank getting all the latest and greatest equipment, it's just going to sit there for another 12 months. Especially if you're on a budget.

Sucks it got cancelled though. Once you find another one, let us know.
        Thanks for the input. I'm definitely looking for an alternative. It's also very likely I'll decide I needed more time to get stronger. I just want to find out for myself.

Comment

You can always get stronger, but dont let that disuade you from competing. Best suggestion I got my first year was compete and compete often. Learned alot and got lots stronger at the same time
          ET

Comment

As far as equipment for a meet. You have most of it. Get soem chalk, a small tacky if there is stones and something to clean it off with. Other than that, you can accumulate stuff as you figure it out.

Comment

Working...
            X