I need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some help

I'm 19 years old from the Southside of Chicago and I want to get started in the sport of strongman but I don't know whats a good gym to go to, what kind of diet or what exercises to do. Can anyone give me some guidance?

the most basic advice is to get strong; lots of deadlifts, squats, overhead pressing and cleans. You can do these anywhere until you find/make a strongman-friendly gym.

Comment

This most basic, solid advice is learn the foundation lifts. Bench Press, Overhead Press, Squat, Deadlift. Get really good form. Doing these lifts in the gym versus outside during a competition is a bit different, but it will help you greatly to build a solid foundation of technique and ability in the gym before you go any further.

Getting a solid routine that you use weekly, and that you stick with consistently, and following a good diet is going to be critical for anything strength related.
      …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Jason Bever did a lot of strongman stuff in Chicago. Not sure if he still is or not
        ET

Comment

On YouTube do a search for drewgymrat ... I am pretty sure that's Andrew Clayton handle there....or just search his name. He is the national teen champion. Just thought you may find it interesting, if you Google him you will even see his old journals from when he was 15 and dreaming of being a strongman....now if the kid stays healthy he will win WSM someday soon (well....as long as shaw ain't there). He may have a website to that can help ya.

Good luck
          Follow my NEW journal if you please:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=48304

"They say I'm no good...cause I'm so hood, rich folks do not want me around" 50

"You are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
          Dr. Seuss

I would like to thank all the stupid people of the world. Without you guys I would only be average.

"Tell them bitches get a stick I'm done leading the blind"
          Nicki Minaj

Comment

As you so young you must have some good and energetic diet such goat meat and the milk you can you food supplements also as and the exercise you may know about it form the gym.

Comment

What the fuck lol ^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by zoroaster View Post
                the most basic advice is to get strong; lots of deadlifts, squats, overhead pressing and cleans. You can do these anywhere until you find/make a strongman-friendly gym.
                yes!

Comment

It will be better if you show your photo, so we can give you more real advice, not only standard diet in your age or going to the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Vernnall View Post
                    It will be better if you show your photo, so we can give you more real advice, not only standard diet in your age or going to the gym.
                    4 years ago with 4 posts total.
                    2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
                    2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
                    2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

Originally posted by jasong View Post
                      4 years ago with 4 posts total.
                      You look great now on your avatar
                      Good for you!!!
                      Sorry, I have not seen the date, I am new here.

Comment

Working...
                      X