Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Mac's 522lb Atlas Stone

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZHrc_4JzNc[/YOUTUBE]

This guys a beast, all around. This was back in 2007 at the Arnold. Awesome stuff. Made it look pretty easy the first go through.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Very Impressive.

Is this a stone that the best in the world have all had a shot at and could not place / get over the bar, or was this a special event? (I've not seen an event where they just do one stone, nor one with a bar like that...)

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
      Very Impressive.

Is this a stone that the best in the world have all had a shot at and could not place / get over the bar, or was this a special event? (I've not seen an event where they just do one stone, nor one with a bar like that...)

-S
      Usually they do not have a max stone load. For a number of reasons... This is a few years old, since there have been several load a 555lb stone. Derek Poundstone being one.

The bar is actually a yoke. It's what we will be using at nationals next week. Usually a yoke is used when you are doing one stone for reps.
      Central Georgia Strongest Man ~ 2nd Place Novice
      Georgia Strongest Man ~ 5th
      NWGA Muscle Strongman ~ 5th
      2010 Ironfest Challenge ~ 3rd
      2011 NAS Florida Strongman Championship ~ 2nd
      2011 Central GA Strongest Man ~ 8th (Wont Ever happen again)
      2011 Beast of the Bluegrass ~ 5th
      2011 GA Strongest Man ~ 4th
      2011 Emerald Coast Strongest Man ~ 2nd

Use the discount code KEM721 and get 5% off at Trueprotein.com.

Comment

Originally posted by fubaseball View Post
        Usually they do not have a max stone load. For a number of reasons... This is a few years old, since there have been several load a 555lb stone. Derek Poundstone being one.

The bar is actually a yoke. It's what we will be using at nationals next week. Usually a yoke is used when you are doing one stone for reps.
        I thought I read a story about a particular stone that was the heaviest available that just a few had lifted. From the vid, it seemed like he missed his last attempt, too...

(The announcer was calling the yoke a bar, too... ) )

So at nationals, will they do both a max stone load AND a stone load for reps using the yoke?...

-S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

No, for my weight class it will just be a 300lb stone for as many reps over a 52" bar in one minute.

Shouldn't be to bad... The HW's have to load a 360 stone over 54" bar... Glad I'm lean lol
          Central Georgia Strongest Man ~ 2nd Place Novice
          Georgia Strongest Man ~ 5th
          NWGA Muscle Strongman ~ 5th
          2010 Ironfest Challenge ~ 3rd
          2011 NAS Florida Strongman Championship ~ 2nd
          2011 Central GA Strongest Man ~ 8th (Wont Ever happen again)
          2011 Beast of the Bluegrass ~ 5th
          2011 GA Strongest Man ~ 4th
          2011 Emerald Coast Strongest Man ~ 2nd

Use the discount code KEM721 and get 5% off at Trueprotein.com.

Comment

Working...
          X