First Q and A for Strongman section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Q and A for Strongman section

I recently talked to Pro Strongman Bran Dunn, he agreed to doing a little Q and A for us here via email or facebook. Now, I need to get some questions set up for him. Looking for a decent list of questions, stuff you guys may want to get answered from him, just pick his brain. Looking for anything, training related or not, either way is good. Let me know what you guys come up with.
    …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

1. What does a typical days diet look like for you?
    2. What kind of injuries have you had throughout your career and what did you do to overcome them? Were they due to your own ignorance or just a freak occurrence?
    3. What is your background in weights and how did you get started into strongman?
    4. What would be your biggest piece of advice for someone getting started in strongman?
    Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
    FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
    www.316fit.com
    Email: [email protected]

Comment

Are you ever tempted to experiment in other strength sports like powerlifting or olympic lifting?
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

What are some innovative ways to do strongman training when no equipment is available? (If there're such training methods ever employed)

Comment

Awesome stuff guys, getting a nice little list together, keep em coming. I'm going to hopefully get the message to him in about a week or so.
          …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Were you always naturally strong, and how has your strength evolved over the years?

Favourite and least favourite things about the sport?

Comment

Last call, interview is prepped and about to be sent off tonight or tomorrow, if anyone has any questions at all regarding Brad "Wolverine" Dunn, get em up!

Comment

I had something in mind that went like this as well : what is it about strongman that draws you in? something that can't be found in powerlifting, olympic lifting, or bodybuilding?

Comment

How do you split up your training for events and gym days?
                  Owner of 316FIT and Team Skip Approved Trainer

Instagram: @jaredragsdale
                  FB: www.fb.com/jared.ragsdale
                  www.316fit.com
                  Email: [email protected]

Comment

What do you usually look like? As in, what's your bodyfat range? And do you believe there's a need to get "fat" (for lack of a better term) to perform well in strongman events or is it just laziness on the athlete's part? If we compare Poundstone and Zavickas we can obviously see a pretty big difference in body composition but how do you think (if at all) this affects performance?

I also would like to make sure if my ab related question I posted in the other thread will be send to Dunn, but that's something Mark can answer.
                    Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Hit me with that ab question again bro, I can't find it. It will definitely get asked, all questions will be sent to him, it's up to him to answer them.

Comment

No problem, bro. I was wondering: What sort of things Dunn considers to be "essential" for big overhead numbers?

I hear a lot of people talk about having really strong abs to be able to get big weights above your head, so I also want to ask: What sort of ab exercises to you recommend?

Yeah a lot of questions from one guy but it's not often that you get the chance to Q&A a pro strongman.
                        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Awesome, got it bro. I get off from work early tonight so I will be sending these to him tonight around midnight central time after I get home from my workout.

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Excited much for the reply!

Comment

Working...
                              X