No announcement yet.

1 arm overhead press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big fan of the push press. It really seems to help with max effort work since you are using an explosive movement. I also seem to get a lot of Hypertrophy carryover by controlling the negative. I've had good success on these with Barbell, Dumbells and on arm Dumbell.

This may not carryover to what you are doing, but what I'm experimenting with currently is a maximum strength shoulder press with 2 warm ups of 5 reps and 3 work sets of 5. I make sure I rest 3 minutes between sets unless I superset them with pullups to save time and then I'll rest 1.5 minutes after each set. Then the next workout I do the same thing, but I superset that with a set of 10 doing speed work (medicine ball, or bands, or push press using lighter weight). I'll try to update in a few weeks to let you know how it goes.
    1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th
    2010 Kentucky State Championships Lightweight 1st
    2011 Northern Kentucky Welterweight 4th
    2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place

Trueprotein.com
    Use Discount Code DDS463
    MAG Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.maxagrip.com/

Comment

Ok two bullshit posts in a row on a decent thread.

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
        Ok two bullshit posts in a row on a decent thread.
        I've been reporting quite a bit of spam lately, including "Damon" up there.
        You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

Yeah he's just spamming. I got a Pm from some guy about another forum and reported it. Probably VKK, found some way to get in an troll more lol.

Comment

Working...
          X