Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA Strongest Man 2011

http://youtu.be/7LFHWZNvRw4

Here is my video from the weekend. I ended up taking fourth, 2.5 points out of 3rd. The 231 class is just so freaking tough. I am getting faster and stronger, but I still am always a second behind or a rep behind.

My camera man missed the first 3 reps of the dumbbell. I ended up with 8 total. it weighed 140lbs, the globes were 10" and the handle was 3"

The wheelbarrow was rough! Empty it was 900lbs, first keg was 150lbs. next 3 were 200, 225 and 250. I bitched out on it honestly... I ripped a callous and stopped. not sure if you can tell from the video, but after loading the last 2 kegs it is up a incline. so you have 1700lbs? that you have to keep from rolling backwards and then move forwards. Only 3 guys finished.

The deadlift was 670lbs, I pulled it with ease. But when I got to 710, I didnt have it.

600lb tire flip for quickest 10 flips. I lost some time on the first couple of flips because it didnt land flat. I tried on one flip to catch it off the bounce, but that didnt work haha

Stones were 240, 275, 295, 310 and 335. They didnt stop the clock till the stone was in the circle. Why I was a little frustrated at the end lol one of the best parts of the day for me was after the heavyweights had did their stones. Their heaviest one was 390lbs. No one loaded it, so it was still sitting there after they were done. I had already taken my tape off and had very little tacky left on. I just wanted to see if I could lap it. I lapped it and loaded it after no one else was able to!

All in all it was a good day! Had a lot of fun competing and hanging out with some good friends. I learned a lot too. Hope y'all enjoy!
    Central Georgia Strongest Man ~ 2nd Place Novice
    Georgia Strongest Man ~ 5th
    NWGA Muscle Strongman ~ 5th
    2010 Ironfest Challenge ~ 3rd
    2011 NAS Florida Strongman Championship ~ 2nd
    2011 Central GA Strongest Man ~ 8th (Wont Ever happen again)
    2011 Beast of the Bluegrass ~ 5th
    2011 GA Strongest Man ~ 4th
    2011 Emerald Coast Strongest Man ~ 2nd

Use the discount code KEM721 and get 5% off at Trueprotein.com.

Torn callouses suck, as always, lol

The hard work will pay off, like you said, all you need is one rep here or there...

Comment

I really enjoyed that, watched it twice through.
      "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
      Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
      'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
      ~William Bernbach

Comment

Awesome job movie, looks like you had no trouble at all with that circus dumbbell.
        Disclaimer: I am not a DC trainee/expert/guru/coach, anything I say is purely my opinion based on experience and research I've read

Comment

Originally posted by thetim View Post
          Torn callouses suck, as always, lol

The hard work will pay off, like you said, all you need is one rep here or there...
          They do suck, but surprisingly it be we really hurt! Except when I poured alcohol in it haha

But it didn't bother me with the deadlift or tire or stones. It was the first one I have torn that bad, I was expecting it to be a lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlito Gambino View Post
            Awesome job movie, looks like you had no trouble at all with that circus dumbbell.
            The dumbbell was not bad... As long as you used your legs. There towards the end you can tell I was getting tired and losing form.

Comment

Nice work! And it is good to hear that your stone loading has come back.
              105 Kg Pro Strongman
              Former NAS National Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Shakes View Post
                Nice work! And it is good to hear that your stone loading has come back.
                Thanks Tom! Feels good to be good at stones again haha after the central GA I was quite embarrassed of the whole performance.

I reevaluated and took a different approach to diet and training. Also added front squats back into my workouts and I really think they helped a lot!

Comment

Working...
                X