Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting strongman to lead off from grandpas footsteps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting strongman to lead off from grandpas footsteps...

Something to make him super proud and be alot of fun for me as well...Mainly just posting to get any tips and ask a couple questions...the stickies have been super helpful.

1)When starting strongman, were some of you guys worried about losing size because of the training being so different compared to a bodybuilding split?

2)What do some of your routines look like? I'd like to understand the training a bit more and get a good solid routine to put on size, and strength. Right now im currently trying to intertwine DC and strongman lifts/implements.
    Any and all advice is useful guys, thanks so much

Originally posted by Xx7 View Post
    Something to make him super proud and be alot of fun for me as well...Mainly just posting to get any tips and ask a couple questions...the stickies have been super helpful.

1)When starting strongman, were some of you guys worried about losing size because of the training being so different compared to a bodybuilding split?

2)What do some of your routines look like? I'd like to understand the training a bit more and get a good solid routine to put on size, and strength. Right now im currently trying to intertwine DC and strongman lifts/implements.
    Any and all advice is useful guys, thanks so much
    1) worried about losing size? you should be worried about gaining size. If you haven't done any strongman training and you start training, you are going to be lifting heavier weights, your generally going to increase your time under tension, and your appetite should be going up. This is a good formula to increase in size.

- Also you can still do some bodybuilder type movements with training strongman, as long as you program it good.

2) here are two or three decent splits:

Day one: chest/shoulders/triceps
    Day two: off
    Day three: deadlift or "back/biceps"
    Day four: off
    Day five: events: ie: log, yoke, stones.... axle, farmers, medleys....
    Day six: off
    Day seven: squat, core work

or...

Day one: Overhead Press
    Day two: deadlift
    Day three: off
    Day four: events
    Day five: bench
    Day six: squat
    Day seven: off

or...

Day one: shoulders/traps
    Day two: arms
    Day three: off
    Day four: deadlift/squat
    Day five: chest/upper back
    Day six: events
    Day seven: off

just get creative, there are many splits, that could fit your goals.

Comment

I agree with thetim, my weight went up when I started training for strongman. I eat more and lift more as well.

As far as training splits, I have always just trained to get stronger. So I do 5/3/1 and have a separate events day.

Comment

Working...
      X