Might be moving to Dallas, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be moving to Dallas, TX

Anyone know of any decent places to train strongman events near the Dallas area? My job is moving me again soon...might end up there. Thank you for your help.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

* Thomas Jefferson

I don't know much about strongman, but Metroflex Plano has atlas stones, farmer walk things, and tires.

That's all I've got.

Comment

ryan bracewell comes on here sometimes, and he works out in I think houston, I could be right on the money or totally off, but he would be your best bet of finding a place, maybe shoot him a pm.

hope hes cool with that....

Comment

Thanks Gents. The metroflex in plano is a bit far for me to commute to. I'll have to look at the metroflex in arlington and see what they have available.
        I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

* Thomas Jefferson

Comment

As of a year ago there was a strong man crew training events every Saturday morning at Metroflex Arlington. I believe Metroflex Fort Worth also has a good array of strongman equipment. There is also a crew that trains at a private gym in the Alliance area (near Alliance airport off of 35W).

Comment

In Arlington we've got stones, but no platform anymore as the guy who made it got pissed off and renigged on it, fucker. Now the stones are just loaded over a bar, I do have a platform for stones I use in my garage though. We've also got logs, axels, farmers walk handles as well.
            …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

On a non training note, I lived in Wichita years ago and my girl's brother lived in Dallas and then Plano. We used to shoot down there for long weekends quite often. It was a great city and there were a lot of really cool places to hang out. It was growing pretty good back then, so I can only imagine the night life has gotten better. We spent many a nite at Dave & Buster's, Reunion Tower and down at the West End and I think what was called "Dallas Alley", which was basically bar after bar. We always had a great time on these trips, oh, and the Mexican food and steak joints were top notch too....
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Dallas night life is great. However, Mayor Laura Miller (past Mayor) turned west end in to a sort of more family friendly place, or at least that was her ambition, and it changed quite a bit, of course it's been years since I've been down there. And the surrounding cities are good too, chances are, if you're in to it, you can find it around here somewhere. I live out on the lake in a city about 30 minutes away from downtown, and love it.
                …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Working...
                X