Deadlift 600 lbs x 4 @ 220 lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlift 600 lbs x 4 @ 220 lbs

This is not a PR but am working my way back up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4D21EYXdOY

[YOUTUBE]h4D21EYXdOY[/YOUTUBE]
    105 Kg Pro Strongman
    Former NAS National Champion

nice lift mate keep it up. pr just around the corner im sure.
    We all make mistakes in our journey, its what you do to correct them mistakes that makes you who you are to become!

Comment

Nice lift. Is it really as dark as it looks in there? Are you batman?
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

beastly!

Comment

Originally posted by honeymonster View Post
          nice lift mate keep it up. pr just around the corner im sure.
          Originally posted by dropshot001 View Post
          beastly!
          Thank you.

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
          Nice lift. Is it really as dark as it looks in there? Are you batman?
          I think that it looks darker on video than it actually is in there, but it is a one-car garage with the door closed and a small light in the back.

Will be moving into a larger space soon that has overhead lighting and windows.
          105 Kg Pro Strongman

Comment

Very strong, keep it up.
            Want to save 5% or 10% on your entire order at www.trueprotein.com
            Use discount code JHN125

Come watch me progress in my 5/3/1 journal!

Comment

no good, no good. You hitched, used straps......worthless lift. :peace:

Good work tom.
              ASC Pro Strongman

Comment

What was your PR? How old are you? Congrats Shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 7_Deadly_Sins View Post
                  Very strong, keep it up.
                  Thank you.

Originally posted by Ryan Bracewell View Post
                  no good, no good. You hitched, used straps......worthless lift. :peace:

Good work tom.
                  Thanks Ryan.

Once I get a decent bar I am going to try to ditch the straps for most of my pulling; do you know of any good deals on a texas power bar?

Originally posted by btech View Post
                  What was your PR? How old are you? Congrats Shakes.
                  The best that I have done with 600 lbs is 5 reps @ 220 lbs last year with belt and straps (didn't really hitch any of these except a little bit on the last rep). The video is on YouTube under "evolved athletics demo".

I am 26 years old.
                  105 Kg Pro Strongman

Comment

Originally posted by Shakes View Post
                    Once I get a decent bar I am going to try to ditch the straps for most of my pulling; do you know of any good deals on a texas power bar?
                    i got mine from elite, was just over $300, and actually they sent me two of them, by accident, so i sent them one back, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakes View Post
                      Thanks Ryan.

In case you were confused I was just giving you shit about the lift. I use straps and hitch all the time.

As for bars, I bought all mine from this guy in georgia. Looks like the price went up slightly but he was the best deal around when i got all my bars.
                      ASC Pro Strongman

Comment

Originally posted by thetim View Post
                        i got mine from elite, was just over $300, and actually they sent me two of them, by accident, so i sent them one back, lol.
                        Elite is usually not the place to go for the best price, but if they double up on your order that works out pretty well!

Originally posted by Ryan Bracewell View Post
                        In case you were confused I was just giving you shit about the lift. I use straps and hitch all the time.

As for bars, I bought all mine from this guy in georgia. Looks like the price went up slightly but he was the best deal around when i got all my bars.
                        No worries, I knew you were joking. It reminded me of Scott Porter a while back when he always used to yell "no straps, no hitch" at the end of his deadlift videos...

One of my training partners sent me that link for the guy in Georgia and that might work out well since I could actually drive down to pick up the bar and not have to pay shipping.

I am also looking at a Troy commercial bar and a York 1000 lbs test bar, both of which are under $200 but I also don't want to buy something that will be destroyed in a year.
                        105 Kg Pro Strongman

Comment

Working...
                        X