Ever tried the poundstone shake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    or you could spend $1 and have a 50g whey protein shake that won't have half of it wasted and will actually taste decent
    Amen to that... Ten times!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Strong View Post
      Haha.. well looking back at it I was consuming hardly any carbs. If you wanna gain weight, eat carbs lol.

A typical shake for me is 80g Whey, 3 table spoon natural PB, 1 banana, 2 packets of oatmeal and water.. To me that is fantastic and tastes a HELL of a lot better.
      I have found that good sources of fat do a ton more for me then carbs, but the magic is when you mix them

the shake I usually have in the morning is 1 scoop of whey, 2 table spoons of natural pb, 2 banana, added bcaa's/creatine/glutamine peptides, some natural cocoa powder for taste and some nesquik for taste, with ~10 ounces of fat free milk, and sometimes oatmeal.

maybe i need some more fats in that, lol.

Originally posted by bbjeff86 View Post
      Unless my math is way off you could get the same amount of Protein from Beef Isolate on the true protein site, and have it cost around 2 dollars... i'd take beef over chicken any day, plus I bet the taste is a whole hell of a lot better.

Not to mention I don't know why in the heck anybody would need 160g of protein in one shake...
      I was basically stating why I think poundstone does the shake. i dont actually do this, I usually just cook and eat my chicken.

But I could see where this could be used. Say you woke up and had some powdered protein shake, then did a shake before/after workout, or before bed. Then on top of that have another meal or two as the beef protein isolate, and you are almost having 5-6 meals as shakes. not necessarily a bad thing.... but I like food.

Comment

Tuna+ Diet Coke... Blended
        tuna and pineapple juice ... blended

is not bad either!

Comment

Originally posted by lockout View Post
          tuna and pineapple juice ... blended

is not bad either!
          That actually doesn't sound bad at all!
          Central Georgia Strongest Man ~ 2nd Place Novice
          Georgia Strongest Man ~ 5th
          NWGA Muscle Strongman ~ 5th
          2010 Ironfest Challenge ~ 3rd
          2011 NAS Florida Strongman Championship ~ 2nd
          2011 Central GA Strongest Man ~ 8th (Wont Ever happen again)
          2011 Beast of the Bluegrass ~ 5th
          2011 GA Strongest Man ~ 4th
          2011 Emerald Coast Strongest Man ~ 2nd

Use the discount code KEM721 and get 5% off at Trueprotein.com.

Comment

tired the poundstone shake yesterday it looked scary but wasnt half bad.
            but i blended it and heated it up, was like soup!

Comment

Originally posted by lockout View Post
              tired the poundstone shake yesterday it looked scary but wasnt half bad.
              but i blended it and heated it up, was like soup!

NICE Did you add any seasonings? I think the only way to get it down personally is to chug chug chug. Then again I also have to chug my normal protein shakes because I am so utterly sick and tired of the flavor. At first it wasnt half bad but god anything consumed that much and you develop somewhat of a hatred for it it seems. Unless its beer of course.

Comment

i love banana flavour, so i bought 10kg of the shit, i've hardly scratched the surface and i'm sick of it, i really can't see myself ever wanted to eat banana flavoured anything after this.

Comment

The thought of blending whole food just makes my stomach turn....I draw the line at oats and peanut butter....I use whey for a little less than half my protein intake for the day, as the rest is whole food....I just can't wrap my head around blending a chicken breast or a steak.....pretty nasty to me...lol
                  STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Haha.. well looking back at it I was consuming hardly any carbs. If you wanna gain weight, eat carbs lol.

A typical shake for me is 80g Whey, 3 table spoon natural PB, 1 banana, 2 packets of oatmeal and water.. To me that is fantastic and tastes a HELL of a lot better.

Just made that shake, awesome! I thought it would be terrible but it really isnt bad at all. Id like to try it next time with milk instead of water. Good Shake man!

Comment

I have one every afternoon when at work. Dont have time to chow down another full meal at work so just blend some chicken up with water add a low cal cup a soup then heat it up n put it in my flask for work.

i tried it with lean minced steak but its too stringy to blend up thoroughly.
                      Last edited by boilerroom; 07-01-2010, 09:13 AM.
                      WWW.GREATMANJOHN.NET

Comment

Originally posted by boilerroom View Post
                        I have one every afternoon when at work. Dont have time to chow down another full meal at work so just blend some chicken up with water add a low cal cup a soup then heat it up n put it in my flask for work.

i tried it with lean minced steak but its too stringy to blend up thoroughly.
                        Never thought about adding a soup to it. That's a pretty good idea... except eating soup in 100+ degree GA weather doesn't sound appetizing! HAHA
                        Central Georgia Strongest Man ~ 2nd Place Novice
                        Georgia Strongest Man ~ 5th
                        NWGA Muscle Strongman ~ 5th
                        2010 Ironfest Challenge ~ 3rd
                        2011 NAS Florida Strongman Championship ~ 2nd
                        2011 Central GA Strongest Man ~ 8th (Wont Ever happen again)
                        2011 Beast of the Bluegrass ~ 5th
                        2011 GA Strongest Man ~ 4th
                        2011 Emerald Coast Strongest Man ~ 2nd

Use the discount code KEM721 and get 5% off at Trueprotein.com.

Comment

I use low sodium chicken broth for everything.... you could try that too.

Comment

This is an staple for me. I prefer solid food, but, if you are in a hurry, let's say, for breakfast, you can have a decent meal in less than five minutes with the poundstone shake plus a couple of bananas and/or apples.

The trick is to put enough water in it and to use boiled chicken without any seasoning. It doesn´t taste bad at all. I like my shake with warm chicken.
                            "Girls do not care about your arms if you can't pick them up."

My :hat:journal: http://www.intensemuscle.com/38196-a...n-rockton.html

Comment

Working...
                            X