Ever tried the poundstone shake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever tried the poundstone shake?

Did a broad search over the whole board and didnt see much about it, but maybe I am search retarded as well. Also not sure this was the correct spot to post this considering I guess its not really a supplement.. Was wondering if anyone has tried the Poundstone shake and has anything good to say about it? I am looking for an easier way to get my chicken down. Its almost becoming a job, I bake or boil chicken for an entire week all at once usually so was just curious how this shake might be and if there were any tasty modifications anyone has tired?

For those who may not know what a poundstone shake is, here is how to make one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB7Ed_DPXNM

LOL i actually had one last week. It wasn't bad...

I will give you some tips on it.

1. dont let the chicken get seasoned, lol, I usually keep my chicken seasoned in a bag ready to cook. The night before I thought I would try the chicken shake, I had to rinse of the seasoning, but some remained on the chicken. This adds to the taste, and you don't want that.

2. make sure the chicken is cold, you dont want hot chicken

3. add a lot of water. This makes it real thin, and takes away the taste.

4. maybe have something like a banana with you to eat while drinking.

Other then that, it is convenient and isn't that bad, I needed to add more water as mine was just a tad thick, and with the slightly seasoned chicken, I could taste that. Just mix it well.

Comment

that sounds absolutely disgusting lol. but more power to anyone who can get it down. i dont think i could.
      Journal http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=51093

Comment

I'm pretty sure "The Poundstone Shake" was a dance craze in the 1960s.
        Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
        kind of a douche

Comment

I think I am going to try one, cant be that bad, although one a day would get quite expensive I would guess... Hope I dont get hooked!

Comment

Wont be trying that, but his youtube channel is pretty cool. Lots of motivating videos.
            PM me to discuss website/video/dvd etc. related work.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc_1987 View Post
              I think I am going to try one, cant be that bad, although one a day would get quite expensive I would guess... Hope I dont get hooked!
              I don't know how much chicken costs where you live, but for me at $1.69-2 a lb. I could make a two pound chicken shake for 4 bucks, which is ~160+ grams of protein.

Comment

160 grams!? Jesus what a deal huh. Yea Poundstone has some amazing videos on there like his 800lb deadlift for 9 reps, makes it look like a cake walk!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf6H8yZEozw

Simply amazing

Comment

or you could spend $1 and have a 50g whey protein shake that won't have half of it wasted and will actually taste decent
                    CEO of Morphogen Nutrition
                    MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                    2010 NGA Pro Universe
                    2010 NPC Monster Mash
                    2010 ONBF Natural Fall Classic
                    2010 NPC Natural Pennsylvania
                    2010 NPC Natural Northern USA
                    2010 INBF Cardinal Classic
                    2008 NPC Natural Northern USA
                    2008 NPC Ohio State
                    2004 NPC Natural Northern USA

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                      or you could spend $1 and have a 50g whey protein shake that won't have half of it wasted and will actually taste decent
                      I call that the voice of reason.

Comment

blending a chicken breast defeats the purpose of having solid food

he'd be better off with liquid egg whites or a basic whey protein powder instead, and then eating his chicken as it was intended to be eaten....solid
                        MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                        2010 NGA Pro Universe
                        2010 NPC Monster Mash
                        2008 NPC Ohio State

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                          blending a chicken breast defeats the purpose of having solid food

he'd be better off with liquid egg whites or a basic whey protein powder instead, and then eating his chicken as it was intended to be eaten....solid
                          are you serious? do you honestly think that your body knows when you are eating a pound of chicken, versus drinking it? By the time it gets to the stomach, they both end up the same, broken down into the smallest particles.

and I would rather drink the blended chicken shake, then drinking 5 cups of liquid egg whites, the price would be totally insane.

I think the correct statement is: drinking a whey protein shake defeats the purpose of having solid food.

Comment

I would have to agree with Tim, The source of protein taken from the natural food such as the chicken is in no way the same as the whey powder just because you blend it into a liquid and consume it in a similar manner. The properties and benefits of the chicken remain the same as if you were to eat it whole.

Comment

Originally posted by thetim View Post
                              are you serious? do you honestly think that your body knows when you are eating a pound of chicken, versus drinking it? By the time it gets to the stomach, they both end up the same, broken down into the smallest particles.

and I would rather drink the blended chicken shake, then drinking 5 cups of liquid egg whites, the price would be totally insane.

I think the correct statement is: drinking a whey protein shake defeats the purpose of having solid food.

I was being facetious....I know how digestion occurs and the pros ans cons of solid vs. liquid

the point of solid food is that you have to eat it...not drink it....that's the statement I was trying to make

and you're not correct by the way....by the time it reaches the stomach it is not in the smallest particles, but I'm not going to get into a nutrition argument with you.
                              MorphogenNutrition.com

2012 NPC Natural Ohio
                              2010 NGA Pro Universe
                              2010 NPC Monster Mash
                              2008 NPC Ohio State