Wsm 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wsm 2008

I know you all have probably seen it by now. I am was disappointed Kevin Nee did not qualify. He showed a lot of heart due to tearing his biceps earlier in the year though. What do you all think of Poundstone from the US? I don't care for his cocky demeanor but, I think he could be a contender for a long time if healthy. I also heard a rumor that Pudianowski might retire from WSM competition? Any validity to this???
    For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Originally posted by Trulyhuge View Post
    I know you all have probably seen it by now. I am was disappointed Kevin Nee did not qualify. He showed a lot of heart due to tearing his biceps earlier in the year though. What do you all think of Poundstone from the US? I don't care for his cocky demeanor but, I think he could be a contender for a long time if healthy. I also heard a rumor that Pudianowski might retire from WSM competition? Any validity to this???
    that's the rumor that this was pudianowski's last contest.......i don't really like poundstone at all, i have never met him personally, but people i train with have and they basically say that the recent fame and publicity he has gotten has gone straight to his head.....kevin nee is a great guy and will be back next year stronger than ever from his bicep tear
    NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
    2015 contests:
    Contest Info
    KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Comment

Pudz did announce that he was taking some time off, but just recently told ironmind that he plans on going for a 6th title this next year.

Poundstone seems like a pretty good, decent guy. I don't know if he's really cocky or confident, but any top athlete is always somewhat cocky, because that's what got them there. Poundstone always answers any questions people may have on another board. I have respect for him, and there is really no reason for me to thing anything negative.

Comment

I trained alongside Poundstone this summer, he's definitely a very helpful guy...and the drive he shows when training is incredible...something like 30 rep sets with a 250 log. I don't know about him being cocky but he is one of the top guys in the world right now and can hang with anyone. He beat Pudz at Mohegan Sun and beat big Z at Fortissimus...I've met far cockier guys who have done far less...
        My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

Comment

LOL If only you guys knew what goes on behind what the cameras show... Pudz is 100x worse than Poundstone. Remember, editing can make anything look like anything... Poundstone - from what I know - is a standup guy.

He's condifent, as he should be... as are most TOP athletes.

My advice, don't believe anything about anyone until you see OTHERWISE in person. Until that time, everyone is cool until proven uncool. Ya know?

Comment

Oh man, yeah, Pudz is far "worse" if you want to think of it that way. At MSG he seemed to make a point to only interact with Polish fans, even doing his usual speech in Polish to his section of the crowd. Then again, considering he is treated like royalty in Poland, one cannot really be surprised.
            My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

Comment

my opinion is that pudz should leave while he's on top. He has had a great (unprecedented) career, and has brought a lot of publicity to the sport. I'd like to see him leave instead of linger on like Ver Magnusson did.

Comment

I do agree with Eld. He might try for 6, but thats it.
                Also, too bad Arild Haugen decided to "retire" from strongman to pursue Boxing, at only 22, I think he would have been a champ in a few years.

Comment

Pudz is on top? Hmmm, 59 competitions in his career.. little international competing other than WSM.

Big Z.. 128 career competitions, a ton of international competing and a better win percentage than Pudz.

I think Pudz is NEXT to the top right now... but none-the-less he's an incredible strongman.

Comment

pudz is on the top of WSM. BUT... there are a large number of competitions that he chooses NOT to compete in.

Big Z competes in a ton of different ones, and wins them all (or close to it).

Comment

Working...
                    X