Could this work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this work

Hey, i'm currently doing bodybuilding but want to try a strongman competition and see if it's for me.
    I'm new to strongman training, but was thinking about doing DC + some event training. Is there anyone else who does DC for strongman.
    This is the scheduel i was thinking about doing, i will be doing the DC 2 way:
    Monday Off
    Tuesday Workout A(chest, ddelts, tris, back width, bach thick)
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday Workout B(Bis, forearm, calf, hams, quads)
    Friday Workout A
    Saturday Off
    Sunday Event
    Monday Off
    Tuesday Workout B
    Wednesday Off
    Thursday Workout A
    Friday Workout B
    Saturday Off
    Sunday Event

is this to much. does anyone else use dc training for strongman

if my memory serves me correctly workhorse on here mentioned before he was training dc for strongman......that might be true and he's really the only one i've heard of doing dc for strongman......where are you training events? with a strongman crew? if you were i'd check out what their routines are like first
    NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
    2015 contests:
    Contest Info
    KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Comment

Who me?

I use DC fundamentals for my trainging and add in events. ie... RP sets and things for events such as log press RP'ed, and tyre flip RP'ed... usual DC style for squats deads for the 2 sets, one heavier and one lighter and more reps. Really like alternating/rotating 3 exercises in for training... ie. Log, Axle and BB OHP for shoulders o rBB deads, axle deads, and farmer deads.

If you want to try a strongman comp, FIND SOMEONE NEAR TO YOU THAT YOU CAN TRAIN WITH THAT HAS SOME OF THE EQUIPMENT. It's key to get your hands on as much and many of the implements as possible.

Comment

That looks really good i ahve been wanting to switch my routine up and that inspired a new routine for me... jus tnot rest pause

Tuesday- Back Thickness, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Back Width

Thursday- Biceps, Forearms, Legs, Unilateral leg moment, calves

Saturday- Log, Farmers, Sanbag runs
        Last edited by ThatArmyKid; 10-25-2009, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Do you find the DC + Strongman shortens your blasts? / Hits your CNS quicker?
          WWW.GREATMANJOHN.NET

Comment

i don't train DC but i think it would be good accessory for strongman because its based on increasing strength/size & it allows good recovery to focus more on event day since the best way to be good at events is to do events right?

Comment

Originally posted by boilerroom View Post
              Do you find the DC + Strongman shortens your blasts? / Hits your CNS quicker?
              No, intensity is intensity and for me if I'm following my schedule and workouts, the exercises I'm doing (DC or Strongman) don't really change my recovery or CNS breakdown.

Comment

Working...
              X