Nutrition help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nutrition help

Ive been a powerlifter for 3 years now and im making the switch to strongman and would like to start competing in the spring Im 18 weigh 175 and i bench about 340 squat 500 and pull about 450 all raw my strength isnt a problem but i cant gain weight and as far as nutrition goes i eat about 5,000 calories a day i was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for gaining weight? thanks in advance

Do a search on google for an article called Massive Eating, by John Berardi. I have a hard time believing you're eating 5000 cals and not gaining but it could happen...that article will teach you a lot about nutrition and eating etc. Check it out.

Comment

Or I can get off my lazy butt and post the links...lol

Part 1
      http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...sseating_1.htm

Part 2
      http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...sseating_2.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jbarre10 View Post
        Ive been a powerlifter for 3 years now Im 18 weigh 175 and i bench about 340 squat 500 and pull about 450 all raw i eat about 5,000 calories a day
        ok just look at what you posted, your 18 with 3 years of powerllifting experience and your putting up some decent lifts for you bodyweight and age.. what exactly do you think piling on the lbs is going to give you ??

if your gaining in strenth then what your currently doing is working for you so why mess with that ?

what sort of programme are you following ?
        if your looking at strong man events then have you modified your trianing at all ? are you learning the events ?

the most important thing you can do right now is eat a healthy balanced diet, get in plenty of protein (max of 2g per lb of lean body weight) and quality complex carbs (2-3g per lb of lean body weight)

train hard stay injury free and your muscles and strength will continue to improve over time. compete in a local strength competition and see how you get on, there are many guys out there who have been training longer than you without numbers like that.

stay strong, stay positive and good things will happen im sure.

Comment

thanks for the input and yes i have switched my routine i do all the events (have a friend with the stuff) and as far as the weightroom goes i close grip bench now and i have been focusing heavily on my deadlift and grip

Comment

Working...
          X