Clear All

• BIX
    replied
    good advice tiny

Leave a comment:

• tiny1976
    replied
    starting out

i would say that the most important thing you can do is to learn the basics and eat a good balanced diet. focusing on whole foods (not processed junk) fresh vegetables and fruits.

for the first 3-6 months train your whole body 3 times a week, 3 x 8-12 comfortable reps. focus on perfect technique rather than training your ego and going for maximums to impress your friends

squat
    deadlift
    bench press
    military press
    bentover rows
    pull ups
    barbell curl
    close grip bench press

the wieghts will improve almost weekly so dont rush and push yourself to soon, dont put to much pressure on youself and just enjoy being in the gym and working out.

after your first year of training and once you have mastered the above and have gained some experience and increased your strength and knowledge you can try to master some of the other big lifts like clean and press, high pulls, snatch, jerk, power cleans.

all of these will help you reach new goals in strength but you need a base to start from. give yourself a good 12 months

you have a life time of workouts ahead of you and what you learn now will stay with you so make you learn from people who know what they are talking about. everybody has to start somewhere so dont be afraid to ask around if you need advice.

Leave a comment:

• horsepower
    replied
    Nah, 15 is a fine age to begin training. Just start real basic...(front) squats, deadlifts, and overhead presses. Stick to higher reps for starters, there is no need to be maxing out with singles right away...heck this isn't even that great of an idea for any strongman most of the time.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic New in Strongman

New in Strongman

Hello, Everyone im interested to start training strongman.
    I'm only 15 though and i was told its not a good idea to be lifting heavy weights at a young age.
    If theres anyone on hear who can give me information please Pm me or post hear.

thanks!
Working...
X