NAS Mass. State Championship (TPS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAS Mass. State Championship (TPS)

...is tomorrow! (ooh I got you in suspense there didn't I?)

Definitely looking forward to competing as a LW novice, aka my first strongman comp. My division is stuffed with 10 other strongmen so I should have more than enough competition.

Also, it benefits Chelsea Soldier's Home, so win or lose it'll be a good time for a good cause!
    My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

good luck out there.
    1 oz. prevention =1 lb. cure

Do not exist, LIVE!

Jesus would total elite !!!!~DuckDuckGoose

If apologizing works, then why do we need the police?

Comment

good deal.......let us know how ya did!
      NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
      2015 contests:
      Contest Info
      KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Comment

Hey guys, I'll do a full writeup with videos within the next few days- my brother taped me with his HD camera, so the files are going to take a while. I didn't make the cut for the last two events, so all I really know is that I wasn't top 5 in my division...I'll know my placing for sure, and placings for all three individual events when the score sheets come out. It was definitely a great time though regardless, and an awesome contest.
        My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

Comment

Hey buddy great job yesterday and it was very cool to meet you. I relly enjoyed the contest. You did a great job and I think people will love the videos. Your effort was insane.
          Please follow my blog. You can click "Follow" in the upper right hand corner. http://www.benbruno.blogspot.com/

Use BNB559 as a discount code at checkout from trueprotein.com for a hefty discount. You will not regret it.

Here is some of my lifting. Please subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bruno082985

Comment

congrats on doing your first contest....be aware it is a very addicting sport
            NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
            2015 contests:
            Contest Info
            KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
              Hey buddy great job yesterday and it was very cool to meet you. I relly enjoyed the contest. You did a great job and I think people will love the videos. Your effort was insane.
              Thanks a ton for coming out man, it meant a lot to me, I'm glad you had a good time.
              Originally posted by BIX View Post
              congrats on doing your first contest....be aware it is a very addicting sport
              Thanks Kyle- yeah it's a ton of fun!

Comment

OK guys writeup time!

TPS did an awesome job putting on this contest- judging was on point, there was a good crowd, and there was tons of free stuff: big goodie bags for the athletes, small ones for everybody, massages by a chiro, and Monster energy drink showed up with free drinks too.

Weighed in at 206.2 lbs, no problems making weight for me, haha. LW Novice division.

First event- 450 tire, 500 chain medley, 50ft each
                Felt like I was flying through this tire, 450 was CAKE after training with 650. I think I can lose some time on the tire by getting under the tire faster. Murph made fun of my paleness during the flip, haha. I was expecting a sled pull, but they used a chain instead...it looks cooler than a sled anyway. This was TOUGH...it just kept slowing down...then the crowd got fired up about halfway through for some reason and so did I. Based on the video, I'd say my time was about 52 seconds.

Second event- 200 viking press
                My main goal with this was not to zero, maybe to get like 3 reps. Well the viking made the weight much easier and I could push out 8 reps- the last 5 were all grinders haha. Thought I did okay until I heard the guy doing it at the same time got 19, oh well. Puked my guts out after this event, good times.

Third event- 450 conan's wheel
                Ow. Every second of this was painful- I honestly don't really even remember what happened during it, I just leaned back, looked up, and kept thinking about knocking out those steps. Probably should have put the bar at a lower setting since it scraped a few times. 1.25 turns plus a foot I think they said.

Then the professional wrestling stuff which was kind of pathetic, haha.
                Then they announced they were going to only take the top 5 for the last 2 events. I knew right then that I wasn't going to make it--I was kind of disappointed, but no big deal, it's the norm with most contests I think so I wasn't that surprised. I was more just annoyed they didn't mention that in the rules briefing.

Jason aka Achilleus was there competing in my class, he didn't make the cut either.
                Bruno showed up as a spectator which was cool to meet him- I think he got himself a free massage too.

Overall an awesome experience, I'm already planning out my preparation for the next one. BIX, save me a spot in the LW's, my entry will be out soon.:horn:

Comment

Funny story- the athlete about 2 after me in the lineup was named Mike Manley. My name is Mike Gourley, pronounced Gurley. I wish we were matched on the viking press and conan's, then we could have had Manley vs. Gourley, haha.

My body feels pretty good today- my shoulders are more bruised up than usual (more flips with tire done more aggressively), which is a good sign, as it means I dug them into the tire well...the side of my shin is also tight/painful. Then again I only did 3 events so it was actually kind of a short day, I'm used to doing 4-5 events on saturdays.

Video will be up shortly.

Comment

Here it is:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrzYk-nbSmY[/YOUTUBE]

I'm going to submit one of these videos for ISOM...send me a PM as to which one I should send in!

Comment

awesome stuff HP. i'm thinking submit the viking press. on the other hand, you were rocking the IM shirt at the end of the conan's wheel....
                      Last edited by idk; 08-06-2008, 06:32 AM.
                      1 oz. prevention =1 lb. cure

Do not exist, LIVE!

Jesus would total elite !!!!~DuckDuckGoose

If apologizing works, then why do we need the police?

Comment

I'm wearing the IM shirt on both...so I submitted a video of both together

Comment

Working...
                        X