Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSMSS at MSG

Figured I'd put my write up in here, keep this part of the forum goin

Went to Madison Square Garden last night to support one of my training partners Derek Poundstone...naturally I was supporting him for the win.

Competitors included Derek, Travis Ortmayer (main rival and competition), Dave Ostlund, Kevin Nee, Mark Phillipi, Brian Shaw, Terry Hollands, Mark Felix, Oli Thompson, Magnus Samuelsson, and Varek(?) Dimek. Tons of Polish fans in the crowd who I think were there to see Mariusz even though he wasn't competing.

Started off with tire/farmers medley. Derek took things safe at first considering what happened at Mohegan. Ortmayer blew through the course.

Then last man standing deadlift. This was like a powerlifting contest...only interesting, haha! Bar started off at 700lbs, each lifter had 30 seconds to lift the bar, one fail and you're out, bar increases after each round. Derek, Felix, and Ortmayer tied with 870lbs...which is just sick after one event and about 5 other heavy pulls!

Husafell stone...Derek set a sick distance, then Ortmayer went about one step further.

Axle press...was fully expecting Derek to use this event to gain some points, and was not disappointed...beat Ortmayer 9 reps to 8.

Then yoke and duck walk medley, Derek exploded out on the yoke to beat Ortmayer.

Going into the stones Ortmayer lead by only 3/4 of a point, and any of the other 4 guys left could take third. Derek had some trouble with the first two stones and Travis took the win. Ostlund took third overall.

Overall, awesome show and great crowd. Went to the Play by Play afterwards to meet the guys and took pictures too. Derek said he felt great afterwards so look for him to go huge at Fortissimus next week and at Worlds as well.
    My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

Sign outside MSG, posters inside, deadlift, stage, Husafell stone
    Attached Files
    My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

Comment

Axle press, second medley, stones
      Attached Files

Comment

Me with Phil Pfister (announced), Magnus, and Kevin Nee
        Attached Files

Comment

ortmayer's an awesome competitor. glad you had a good time. mad props to nee, usually on all those MTV specials those guys end up not amounting to much, but give it to the guy that truly strives to reach his goals(of course its us in the weightlifting community ) and you know hes gonna go far, which he did.
          1 oz. prevention =1 lb. cure

Do not exist, LIVE!

Jesus would total elite !!!!~DuckDuckGoose

If apologizing works, then why do we need the police?

Comment

The thing that impressed me the most out of the whole comp is this... a 792 deadlift gets you 8th place... WTF!?! Geez. There are some strong pullers out there when first place is shared with 3 guys pulling 870!!

Comment

No kidding! Everyone was expecting Felix to go big, but Derek pulled just 10lbs short of his strapped PR without straps, and Travis pulled way over his previous best, and this was after one event and in last man standing style!

Also, if you look in the background of the picture of Magnus and me, you'll notice a certain internet weightlifting celebrity!

Comment

Originally posted by horsepower View Post
                No kidding! Everyone was expecting Felix to go big, but Derek pulled just 10lbs short of his strapped PR without straps, and Travis pulled way over his previous best, and this was after one event and in last man standing style!

Also, if you look in the background of the picture of Magnus and me, you'll notice a certain internet weightlifting celebrity!
                dude i can't tell, its took dark. is it the EFS guys?

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

Originally posted by idk View Post
                  dude i can't tell, its took dark. is it the EFS guys?
                  Nope, way more famous than them LOL...the guy in the EFS tank though...think of a certain deadlift hero..haha

Comment

Originally posted by horsepower View Post
                    Nope, way more famous than them LOL...the guy in the EFS tank though...think of a certain deadlift hero..haha
                    dude you lost me...

Do not exist, LIVE!

Comment

The Diesel Weasel of course!
                      [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSvaUTOTdc4[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Nice deadlift for somebody of your size, heck for most size haha. However whats with the crappy hammer curls lol?
                          I'm a POOR COLLEGE STUDENT and you need protein, SO DO IT!!!Use my discount code kyb999 at www.trueprotein.com to get 5% off the top protein avaliable. 10% off if you order 16lbs or more!!

My Journal:
                          http://www.intensemuscle.com/27817-m...ournal-40.html

Comment

Originally posted by milkstud View Post
                            Nice deadlift for somebody of your size, heck for most size haha. However whats with the crappy hammer curls lol?
                            That's not me dude...lol...that's Max aka Diesel Weasel.

Comment

haha that was funny stuff.
                              I'm a POOR COLLEGE STUDENT and you need protein, SO DO IT!!!Use my discount code kyb999 at www.trueprotein.com to get 5% off the top protein avaliable. 10% off if you order 16lbs or more!!

My Journal:
                              http://www.intensemuscle.com/27817-m...ournal-40.html

Comment

Working...
                              X