No announcement yet.

Strongest Man in the Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is odd to have less LWs...there are only 3 HWs signed up for my contest on Saturday...and I think 16 LWs! (11 of which are novice, my division) It's in Saugus MA, near Boston.
    My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

Comment

that's a NAS event right? i think i remember seeing that event on there...i know wherem Saugus is, i went to college up in R.I. and have friends from the Boston areas up there.......yea i have 6 LW's so far and 10 HW's, but it's still early so we should be good when Sept rolls around
      NAS Pennsylvania and Delaware State Chair
      2015 contests:
      Contest Info
      KBX333 @ www.trueprotein.com for 5% off your order!

Comment

Just filled out my entry, will be in the mail tomorrow
        My Training Journal/Journey...where I log my attempt to obtain a medical waiver, get fit, get strong, and enter the armed forces.

Comment

got it yesterday mike, thanks! see you in sept!
          2015 contests:
          Contest Info

Comment

couple of weeks left, please get your entry forms in asap if planning on attending, thanks guys!
            2015 contests:
            Contest Info

Comment

TeamBIX Presents, "The Strongest Man in the Valley"

September 6th, 2008

When it rains is pours is the saying, but that was the case on Saturday. Hurricanes from the south brought 3 inches of steady rain to the Lehigh Valley through out the contest. We were forced to move things inside and substitute the Truck Pull for a Deadlift, because of lack of space! Even though space was tight in a few spaces, everyone gave it their all. We ended up with 20 competitors for the day, 14 of them being lightweights and 6 heavyweights.

Here are the results from the Strongest Man in the Valley:

LW Division:

1. John Wasiczko - 59
              2. Troy Bixler - 48
              3. Steven Engles - 47
              4. Jon Van Tassel - 40
              5. Joseph Michael - 33
              6. Connor Shannon - 31
              7. Matt Michael - 28
              7. Evan Lyman - 28
              9. William Redenauer - 24
              10. Marcuz Rosario - 17
              11. Patrick Moore - 15
              12. William Rohrer - 14
              12. Michael Gourley - 14
              14. Ronald Sanzone, Jr. - 11

HW Division

1. Ryan Haas - 26
              2. Vincent Urbank - 17
              3. Brad Gardner - 16
              4. Ia Intskirveli - 10
              5. Kyle Barna - 7
              6. Steven Trimmel - 3

I'd like to thank all family and friends who came out to help, I could not have put on this contest without you guys! I'd also like to thank Brandon Clements for driving all the way out to PA to judge the contest for me. I like to thank Just Be Natural as well for being such a great venue and helping move things indoors when when we realized rain was in the forcast! It was such a fun day, I am glad I got a chance to meet all the competitors and finally put some faces to names I have know for some time now.....Now it's time to start planning for the Strongest Man in the Valley II
              2015 contests:
              Contest Info

Comment

some pictures from saturday's competition
                Attached Files
                2015 contests:
                Contest Info

Comment

Wow that's a terrible picture of me, LOL...I look like some sort of dancing demon!

Comment

Writeup time

Weighed in at 208, 2lbs heavier than last month's comp...woohoo
                    We were inside the JBN warehouse since it was raining.

First event- 200lb log, clean once, press for reps- 2 reps
                    I was pretty nervous about this event coming in, I had only pressed a 180 log before and that was just once and I couldn't do it again, despite many attempts. I just stuck to the cues that Kevin, Justin, and Tom had told me and that were in Brouse's video...and was pleasantly surprised.

Second event- 200lb farmer's walk, 100ft, turn at 50
                    I've only trained this event a few times and figured I'd have no problems. Pick was good, turn was ok, but I over-rotated big time coming out. I ended up tripping over the implements and dropping them, but picked them right back up and ran to the finish. It seemed a lot of guys had this problem...maybe BIX has magical spinning farmer's handles? Not sure of time or placing, but it wasn't good, yet wasn't terrible either.

Third event- 500lb tire, 10 flips
                    I had no problem flipping this thing at all. On my second flip, however, the tire completely slid on the concrete instead of sticking and flipping. This kind of threw me off since I had to pick it straight up instead of going into it like I normally do. As punishment I gave the tire an extra hard slam on the final flip. That'll teach it.

Fourth event- 405lb deadlift for reps, 60s
                    This was supposed to be a Hummer pull but since we were inside this wasn't happening. Busted out about 6 reps or so. For the last rep I was told I had 5 seconds left so I just pulled it to see if I could get another...I finished it just as time ran out, sweet.

Fifth event- stones- 230, 280 to 50-something, 320, 330 to 46"- 2 stones
                    By now I kind of felt like taking a nap, but no time for that. Talking with BIX online he said this would be a 200-300 stone run for the LWs. He's a dirty liar, haha. I popped the 230 and 280 up quick, and was the first to get the 280. The 320 I only got to around my knees, had it not been in a series or 20lbs lighter (which would've matched my best stone), I would've gotten it. And come to find out, I needed to get 3 stones to score, which just makes me more PO-ed I didn't get it. But a lot of guys missed the third, so I don't feel that bad.

Ended up tying for 12th out of 14 LWs. My goal was to not be in last, and I accomplished this. BIX put on an awesome contest and you would never know it was his first one. Thanks to him for putting it on, all my friends for coming out and cheering, CT strength for the training, and God for the strength, humility, and surprises.

Oh, and I'm already planning to be at Strongest Man in the Valley II...next time as a contender.
                    Last edited by horsepower; 09-09-2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

terrible picture huh? i have worse, not of you but worse, lol
                      2015 contests:
                      Contest Info

Comment

case in point
                        Attached Files
                        2015 contests:
                        Contest Info

Comment

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQgG6IF_mFE[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

nice video mike, the log press picture of you is still my favorite, lol
                            2015 contests:
                            Contest Info

Comment

Working...
                            X