• Show
Clear All

• Michael Charles
    replied
    Really good read. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 43Diesel
    replied
    Thanks a lot for the great read. At least I know my program is prety much in line for strongman

Leave a comment:

• RedSkull
    replied
    Looks like over 300 on the seated/high incline log in the pic Future posted, too. That is a LOT harder than seated barbell, at least for me.

Leave a comment:

• RedSkull
    replied
    Originally posted by Andre Gregoire View Post
    Great article. I met Whit Baskin in 1999 before his car accident. I was really impressed because he was the first strongman that I had seen that looked like a bodybuilder.
    I remember him. He had a website back then, too. Seemed like a really cool guy, very down to earth. I'm sure if he didn't have that accident he would of been a force in WSM in the early 2000s.

I remember some videos on his site, log pressing 350+ (that was a huge poundage back then, relative to WR) and 100's for something like 30 full reps on seated dumbells.

Leave a comment:

• Andre Gregoire
    replied
    Great article. I met Whit Baskin in 1999 before his car accident. I was really impressed because he was the first strongman that I had seen that looked like a bodybuilder.

Leave a comment:

• DOcampo92
    replied
    Very informative

Leave a comment:

• janice201149
    replied
    Wow! Such a great body you have. Thank you for sharing your post. Good to know this information you share.

Leave a comment:

• ArmoredCore94
    replied
    If i wanted to be a strongman & since it doesn't emphasize chest strength, could i just do sumthing like

Day1: delts/chest/tri's

Day2: Back/bi's/grip

Day3:legs/abs

on day 1 just do a bunch of push-ups & dips for chest so i can focus more on delts & tri's?

Leave a comment:

• Hunter1
    replied
    Printed this out and am reading it right now. 1 page in, i'm ready to leave work and train right now! Nice read thus far.

Leave a comment:

• BIX
    replied
    good read future

Leave a comment:

• Godsmack
    replied
    Good find Future.

J

Leave a comment:

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
    replied
    Originally posted by btech View Post
    hahaa, damn, I had thought you had experience competing in events
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Ant.
    replied
    Good article. I have been lurking on IM for a while. I do mostly powerlifting/strongman training so I am glad to see this forum on here.

Leave a comment:

• btech
    replied
    Originally posted by Future View Post
    Written by Whit Baskin. Got lost somehow.
    hahaa, damn, I had thought you had experience competing in events

Leave a comment:

• Shawn "Future" Bellon
    replied
    Written by Whit Baskin. Got lost somehow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X