X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haggy
    replied
    As a beginner to weightlifting, is starting strength or stronglift 5x5 good enough to build a good base for strongman training later on?

Leave a comment:

• Jemimasmith
    replied
    I'm just a starter to pile up some muscle in my body .. your article posted here has shown me the right way about what to pick and what not while you are going for hard physical practices...

Leave a comment:

• Red Skull
    replied
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• BigDaddyFreak
    replied
    strongman and Doggcrapp?

Anybody ever tried using doggcrapp as their weight training while still maybe doing the events perhaps on the weekends? Or did u modify it somehow else? Just wondering.

"Never raise your hand to a child; it leaves your groin unprotected"

Leave a comment:

• thetim
    replied
    Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I'm new to Strongman and would like some help to build a gym training routine. I have done powerlifting in 2 years. Stats RAW bench 140kg squat 165kg deadlift 230kg. I do not have any event training stuff. So I need a really good routine for my gym.
    Sorry for bad english I'm from sweden.
    i think some would argue that you should keep up the powerlifting and focus on raw power, and work your assistance exercises to fit your needs of your big lifts. I think that it was poundstone that said that event training is more about mastering the apparatus, rather then the weight...

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    I'm 191 cm and weight 100kg

Leave a comment:

• Leonhard
    replied
    I'm new to Strongman and would like some help to build a gym training routine. I have done powerlifting in 2 years. Stats RAW bench 140kg squat 165kg deadlift 230kg. I do not have any event training stuff. So I need a really good routine for my gym.
    Sorry for bad english I'm from sweden.

Leave a comment:

• lockout
    replied
    thank very much for this info. this is best thing i found on the web

Leave a comment:

• bad bad leroy b
    replied
    Originally posted by B~RAD View Post
    They've never had stones in chicago's strongest man. And there actually probably wont be a CSM for 2010 sadly
    Thanks for the response bro. That's sad to hear, was looking forward to doing it.

Leave a comment:

• B~RAD
    replied
    They've never had stones in chicago's strongest man. And there actually probably wont be a CSM for 2010 sadly

Leave a comment:

• bad bad leroy b
    replied
    Good stuff. Will add in more movements because I want to do Chicago's strongest man next year. Hard to do some things with no stones though

Leave a comment:

• Coach Bombay
    replied
    Originally posted by dellsguy67 View Post
    Thought i would throw up some basic links to get this sub forum rolling. here is a quick Google search i did
    Thanks.

This answers most of my questions, but I'm going to ask them anyways.

Leave a comment:

• sjfou
    replied
    nice work.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat TP
    replied
    Originally posted by dellsguy67 View Post
    Thought i would throw up some basic links to get this sub forum rolling. here is a quick Google search i did:

That is one of the most informative posts I've seen on introduction to Strongman... just what I've been looking for. I don't necessarily want to compete in Strongman at this time, but I'd like to start training some of the lifts for GPP and overall strength/conditioning. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• brotherdarryl
    replied
    It all makes sence, but I've been keeping some of the other regular lifts in and emphasizing in the strongmans needs. I curl harder and slowed on tri's. I press and clean like a mad man, but slowed on other shoulder work. Core trainning needs to be all the time. Not just sit ups. No belt, Zerker squats, over head squats and stones. As for the Saturday routine sounds just like mine. We just wing it. See what we feel like and do 3 or 4 events.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X