thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts

You know I am not the biggest or best looking bodybuilder and need a lot of work on weak points but I was thinking of entering both the open SHW and the novice HW classes. But do you all think it might be un-far to novice guys? I mean I am not the best but I feel I am above novice even though I havent got to compeat as of yet. DAMN WEATHER

If you've never competed then definitely....even if you have competed but never won I'd consider it, you're eligible so why not? Remember if you've never competed before there's alot more too it than just having the physique. You need to display it properly, showing the confidence of someone who's done their homework. That typically comes with experience and time spent onstage. Just beause you're a veteran in the gym does not mean you'll look like a veteran onstage.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I agree with Kid.

On the other hand, I never did the novice division. I planned on winning the open and have always trained like that. With all that goes into it, at least do both.

HOwever, doing both the novice and open will put you on the stage a bit more, which is good for experience....

-R
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

I personally dont believe in the "bog fish in the little pond" approach.

You look like you can hold your own if you came in condition PUMPED.

My very first show in 1983 was a level IV, at the time one of the best shows in Fla. The open midle weight class had 48 guys!

I was over whelmed , But I was standing in a line up of state level guys, and I felt good about it aafterwards. I set the bar high for myself. I wouldnt have been happy doing Novice, but thats just me.

Do whats best for you, but in my unbiased opinion, you have the size to run in the open class all day long.

Im in the same boat as you... Im doing a level IV then a level V this year. I may be in over my head, but I'll have to find that out the hard way. I have no idea how I'll stack up against these guys, I havent been around any serious competitors for long time for me to know how I compare.
        I'll feel better doing so-so in a high lebvel than winning a low level....
        SweatMachine
        (pronounced: Swet-Mow-Sheen)

That which we manifest lies before us.

Comment

I do agre with KR though...he makes a good point. Thats probably because he is the king of the novice class... Someone told me he changes his look and his name , and runs all over the NE competing in the novice class. I heard he has 623 Novice class first place trophies. They sit next to his 372 teenage first palce trophies.
          LOL- a guy can kid around cant he?
          SweatMachine

Comment

bwahahaha
            Anyone can become angry - that is easy, but to be angry with the right
            person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose,
            and in the right way, that is not easy.
            -- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Comment

Originally posted by SweatMachine
              I do agre with KR though...he makes a good point. Thats probably because he is the king of the novice class... Someone told me he changes his look and his name , and runs all over the NE competing in the novice class. I heard he has 623 Novice class first place trophies. They sit next to his 372 teenage first palce trophies.
              LOL- a guy can kid around cant he?
              remember me saying I compete as a middleweight? I meant that was a "super-mega-quadzillion-middle-big-weight" , that class goes from 350lbs up to 610lbs, I weighed in last year a shredded 552lbs.........when we gonna meet again?
              -KidRok-
              "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
              5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Oh Im sorry Kidrok, I was giving the benifit of the doubt and assumed you meant you wore Extra-medium size shirts.... My bad
                SweatMachine

Comment

Working...
                X