My Last Week of Prep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Last Week of Prep

Hey guys, I have a few question for yua.
    1. With my show less than 4 weeks away, I find myself coming to a point in my prep where I’m a little lost. To be more specific, I’m referring to the last week of prep. I’ve competed before and have usually done the typical carb deplete/ load a few days out process and done well with it. However, I’ve read few articles, thumbed through a few post and have found some new approaches to this since my last show. So I’m finding myself a little confused and frustrated as to what the best approach for this show should be. I understand that there are different ways to skin a cat but obviously I would like the best method. The one that I’ve been leaning towards is the one Skip discusses in his longevity videos. I understand that (as he says) this is what worked for him and obviously he has a lot more experience than me regarding this method and making the necessary changes needed.
    2. Also, I’ve been thinking about using a mild (natural) diuretic for the last day or two (something I’ve never done before as well) so I would be interested in anyone’s thoughts on that as well.
    3. It’s been about three years since my last show and I was wondering what you guys (that compete) have been eating shortly before you step on stage. In the past, I’ve eaten everything to rice cakes to candy bars. I’ve also partaken in a little red wine as well.
    I welcome anyone’s thoughts on my questions and open this up for discussion.

V/R
    Max
    "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
    2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
    2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
    2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
    2002 NPC Western Carolina:
    2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

V1, Scott wrote a great two part article for John Meadows's website that provides excellent guidelines for someone to use to tailor to their own situation. I would suggest you subscribe for the small price and soak up that info and see what you can make of it.

It covers just about all of the questions you are asking...
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      V1, Scott wrote a great two part article for John Meadows's website that provides excellent guidelines for someone to use to tailor to their own situation. I would suggest you subscribe for the small price and soak up that info and see what you can make of it.

It covers just about all of the questions you are asking...
      Yup, great articles

Comment

Working...
      X