Skiploading for Lean Mass Gaining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skiploading for Lean Mass Gaining

First off, forgive any FNG retardedness...

I've been boning up on the publicly available information on Skip's Skiploading diet protocols. Absolutely brilliant synthesis of metabolic rate control versus caloric expenditure to solve the conundrum of metabolic starvation rates making leaning progress stop. Kudos to Skip and deep gratitude for making the basic material available here and in Longevity.

If I understand the basic principles, the Skipload drives the metabolic rate sky-high (well above intake) and that effect lasts deep into the next diet week. Then the body gets another kick in the ass when it tries to get to starvation mode by the end of the week.

My question is how have results been for guys applying Skiploading to a growth cycle?

The weekly dietary intake would not be restricted (not like cutting anyway), so the body would not be royally depleted come the next Skipload, but would it obtain a metabolic kick in the teeth from the loading anyway such that the gains coming each week would tend to be leaner?

There's more moving parts in these equations than I can track, but was essentially wondering if a Skipload protocol might have value in mass gaining periods as well as in fat reduction periods.
    I've won on so many levels already I don't even care how I do at the show. I just wanna look damn good!!

--Steel

Muscles don't know how old they are.

Treat them like they are old and eat soup... and they will be.

Train 'em hard and feed them like a stud... and they will be.

So will you.

Journal

I've done it and have had good success, but I've never been trained by Skip, so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure that I've heard of other guys on here doing the same. The Skipload was much smaller (3 hr), but it seemed to have a positive effect on body composition.

Comment

I am currently getting trained by Skip.

I am bulking and he has me doing Skiploading once a week like everyone else who uses it. The only difference is that my window for Skiploading is 3-4 hours. I find that it does indeed drive the metabolic rate sky high as you stated and helps me stay as lean as possible while bulking.

Of course, Skip would be better off explaining everything to you but that is my two cents since I am his client.

I believe the skipload has been a huge factor during my growth cycle.

So to answer your question, yes, it is essential to both gaining periods as well as fat reduction.

Originally posted by Dean3238 View Post
      First off, forgive any FNG retardedness...

I've been boning up on the publicly available information on Skip's Skiploading diet protocols. Absolutely brilliant synthesis of metabolic rate control versus caloric expenditure to solve the conundrum of metabolic starvation rates making leaning progress stop. Kudos to Skip and deep gratitude for making the basic material available here and in Longevity.

If I understand the basic principles, the Skipload drives the metabolic rate sky-high (well above intake) and that effect lasts deep into the next diet week. Then the body gets another kick in the ass when it tries to get to starvation mode by the end of the week.

My question is how have results been for guys applying Skiploading to a growth cycle?

The weekly dietary intake would not be restricted (not like cutting anyway), so the body would not be royally depleted come the next Skipload, but would it obtain a metabolic kick in the teeth from the loading anyway such that the gains coming each week would tend to be leaner?

There's more moving parts in these equations than I can track, but was essentially wondering if a Skipload protocol might have value in mass gaining periods as well as in fat reduction periods.

Comment

hopefully he takes me under his wing soon as well... as I would definitely entertain "skipload" during my last bulk of the year. But will have to see what is in store for me.

Comment

Best investment you will make in your life with both money and gains.

Originally posted by 13B-T View Post
          hopefully he takes me under his wing soon as well... as I would definitely entertain "skipload" during my last bulk of the year. But will have to see what is in store for me.

Comment

I also agreed that may be he takes me under his wing soon as well...
            hotel singapore marina bay sands | grosvenor house dubai hotel | http://www.plagiarism-checker.info/
            http://www.primark-online.net/

Comment

I was putting a shit-tonne of food away this last off-season and Skiploading all day Saturdays. Definitely kept me a tad leaner and sure makes it easier to keep the diet clean during the week.

So yes, great results whilst growing, as well.
              TEAM :tea: SKIP

2012 IFBB Australian Grand Prix Novice 4th Place.
              2013 Nabba Victorian Championships Novice 3rd Place.

Comment

I've been skiploading almost every week for over a year now. Wouldn't change it for the world. I just gotta stop spending so much money on it haha
                :preach:

Comment

Edit.

Comment

It's funny how a thread will start for something like Skiploading and people will give their opinions and then someone has to sidetrack it like Machmood.

They didn't ask about other diets or "refeeds" or any other bullshit. The OP asked specifically about SKIPLOADING.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                    Instagram: @intensemuscle
                    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                      It's funny how a thread will start for something like Skiploading and people will give their opinions and then someone has to sidetrack it like Machmood.

They didn't ask about other diets or "refeeds" or any other bullshit. The OP asked specifically about SKIPLOADING.

Skip
                      No shit, I love the zone diet too.

Comment

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone here, just trying to give op
                        More knowledge. He mentioned specific things tnat also apply to refeeds, which a skipload is. to go any further I'd have to start specifically start attacking which is not my intent at all. Skip loading works, skip knows his shit, period. Don't see how my post takes away from tnat

Comment

You don't see how it takes away from the post, correct, that is why I posted what I did.

I didn't say that you did it on purpose because I have no idea. My point is simple: He asked about SKIPLOADING so posting about all of the other "refeed" type of diets out there takes away from the original post/question.

Skip

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                            I've been skiploading almost every week for over a year now. Wouldn't change it for the world. I just gotta stop spending so much money on it haha
                            I've been skiploading for a couple of months now (cutting) with really good results...

When you're not cutting, how big are your skiploads compared to when you are on a cut?

I'm putting away over 1000 grams of carbs at the moment and am into single figures body fat. I am giving myself a 10-12 hour window every Sunday.

I imagine when I come off the cut in a few more weeks, I won't be able to put away anywhere near as many carbs if I continue to skipload.

Comment

The amount of carbs is almost always going to be less because you are less depleted. It is just too hard to say what the length of time for the load would be simply because it is all individual. I mean, some are only doing 3 hours refeeds while cutting and others are doing all day and starting the night before. Same goes for the off season where some are doing all day and some only need 3 to 5 hours.

Skip

Comment

Working...
                              X