Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protein and Fat meals

Hi Guys

I really hope this is not a stupid question.

In the last few days I've been reading the threads on my mates profile from top to bottom to get more info and I really like the site!

I've only got one question I come from South Africa and don't understan some of the terms...

I am currently doing a skip loading routine after watching all the longevity chapters.

My question is during the week when some one say protein fat meal? What are examples of these meals.

Now I know all your good meat sources like lean beaf, chickenn, eggs and fish.

And your good fat sources like olive oil, omega 3,6 and nuts.

But how do u guys combine these two...

Grill your chicken and throw some olive oil over or eat a steak with some plain nuts ?

The carbs sources I stick to is mainly oatmeal , sweetpotato and brown rice.

I've got another 8 weeks of dieting and my training ritual mainly consists bodyweight exercises withe a 70 pound weighted vest to make life interesting.

Any help would be appreciated.

My most common protein/fat meals consist of
    -Chicken breast tenders and almonds
    -85% beef patties and broccoli
    -Eggs and protein powder

It can be pretty much everything with protein and fat

Comment

A pretty easy way to do it is to saute a lean protein source in oil with onions, mushrooms, eggplant or any other thing you can add in that's fairly non-caloric. I usually add in paprika and salt and occasionally some other spices if I feel like mixing it up. This works especially well with tuna, which I find GROSS if eaten plain, but it will work well with any kind of beef, chicken, etc.

Or, like quads said, just eat a lean source and than supplement it with a fat source like olive oil, almonds, cashews, peanut butter, etc.
      Use True Nutrition Discount Code YKF124 for 5-10% off of all orders from TRUENUTRITION.com!

My On-Site Log

My Off-Site Log

Comment

I wouldnt over-complicate things here. For a Pro/Fat meal...

I would eat protein (chicken/lean beef or turkey) and after consuming my protein requirements for that meal, I consume my fat requirements for that meal...perhaps, two scoops of natural peanut butter (or almond butter, or some almonds).

Good luck...

-slide
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a pussy."

"Carry 24/7 or guess right."

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion."

"993 yo f9t[n9y[I8itineraryBMiy v][/t u 98 oh 99 u]y8y u[/hy jyip NH j o have I h"

Comment

Green salad with avocado, and then some meat

My chicken "waldorf" salad (leftover chicken, green apple, celery, walnuts)

Chicken coconut soup, tom ka ghai (spell?)

For a liquid meal on the go, just a protein shake with fish oil (carlson) and flavoured metamucil

Comment

Two of my favorites:

Tuna in the can with some Olive Oil thrown on top

Whey and Natural Peanut Butter

Quick, easy, cheap.

2012 EUP's Mission Submission II
            -1st SuperHeavy Gi
            2012 Hayastan Grappling Challenge New York
            -1st Heavyweight Gi
            2011 Slippery Rock Open Collegiate Championships, 4th-Open Heavyweight, 220lbs
            2008 NGA Pittsburgh Bodybuilding Championships, 2nd-Open Juniors, 175lbs

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

New pursuit: competitive grappling, and enjoying my life

Comment

I ate so much tuna in my 20's and 30's I can hardly even stomach smelling it! Lol. I like to eat a lean protein source and then use EVOO or an oil blend to sauté vegetables, maybe with garlic or other stuff....green beans, broccoli, squash, all are very good this way. My favorite is carrots, sautéed for awhile, let them kinda caramelize, damn are they good....might hafta count those carbs though, although I never do....
              STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

One thing I've added to quite a few shakes for a pro/fat meal here in France, which I had never bought before, is walnut oil. It's dang good.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel7908 View Post
                  One thing I've added to quite a few shakes for a pro/fat meal here in France, which I had never bought before, is walnut oil. It's dang good.
                  I've had that before, and yes, it's awesome. I have also used macadamia nut oil in the past in place of EVOO, and holy hell it makes everything taste amazing...like butter, but better. Little pricey, and weirdly hard to come by though (in stores).

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                  -1st Heavyweight Gi

Help me, help you! To get a great discount from TrueNutrition just type in MCS722 in the code box when you check out!

Comment

I was gonna say that....I haven't found Mac nut oil anywhere....oddly enough, everytime I go to Whole Foods (not often), I forget to look....I've heard it's VERY good and tasty....
                    STEEL

"SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                      I was gonna say that....I haven't found Mac nut oil anywhere....oddly enough, everytime I go to Whole Foods (not often), I forget to look....I've heard it's VERY good and tasty....
                      It's like BUTTAH. I can find it at whole foods sometimes, but like you said I don't go THAT often. Yes, it's verrrrry good. Used it sometimes during last prep on pro/fat meals and I would literally look forward to that meal...tasted like heaven, haha.

You can find it online fairly easily, though. Highly recommend trying it. I don't know this for a fact, but I have been told that it is superior to EVOO in both it's fatty acid profile, AND it has a higher smokepoint, so you can cook with it and still not degrade the fats, easier than you can with EVOO.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                      -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

Originally posted by Lock it Up View Post
                        I've had that before, and yes, it's awesome. I have also used macadamia nut oil in the past in place of EVOO, and holy hell it makes everything taste amazing...like butter, but better. Little pricey, and weirdly hard to come by though (in stores).
                        Yes! I just tried this the past week and love it!

Oh, and with the tuna, I also like to do tuna with avocado (mash it up with a little lemon or lime juice, garlic and red pepper flakes) and eat.
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                          NOW brands sells it. I like it a lot. Extra virgin coconut oil and raw coconut oil from Nutiva are great too.
                          SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by LG1 View Post
                            NOW brands sells it. I like it a lot. Extra virgin coconut oil and raw coconut oil from Nutiva are great too.
                            Damn, I didn't realize that but after a quick search you're right. Always liked their products and never heard a bad thing about them...gonna have to pick me up some now!

Thanks LG.

-1st SuperHeavy Gi
                            -1st Heavyweight Gi

Comment

I put virgin coconut oil on almost all my hot/warm meals.

Comment

Working...
                              X