Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey SKIPPER...food question

Any of the RTEs feel free to chime in, but was curious

do your kids eat the same type of foods you do, or do you have completely separate menus?

if they eat what you do, do you make any changes for them?

if so, what?

My kids don't eat the same foods, no. They do eat pretty well, though.

I tend to keep my food separate with only a couple cabinets in the kitchen that are understood as being Dad's cabinets. This is especially important when dieting because if you eat my food when you have every other cabinet of food in the kitchen, I will not be happy.

They only get a restaurant meal about once a week and it is usually on Sundays with myself and my wife. There really is no fast food, ever, like McDonalds or Taco Bell. They don't care as it isn't ever really an issue with them. We do pizza as our main restaurant meal and it is high quality as opposed to something like Dominos. We don't do dominos or pizza hut, etc..

We also get some organic things like organic milk, organic eggs, etc.. They still eat a school lunch and I am working on them to have a better breakfast before they leave because they tend to have something sugary like a quick poptart or cereal and we all know that isn't a great way to start the day. I am working very late right now so I am up alot of the time when they get up for school at 5:30 and have been making them eggs or something similar.

With sports and other after school activities dinner time is all over the place so I or Melissa usually make them something "normal" like fish sticks and hashbrowns, or a pasta meal with chicken, etc.. They eat a lot of the same foods most kids do but just higher quality versions of those foods.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: TEAM[email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

interesting, thanks. does their cupboard get raided on refeed days?

Comment

Duh.

Skip

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
          I am working very late right now so I am up alot of the time when they get up for school at 5:30 and have been making them eggs or something similar.
          Your kids get up at 5.30 am for school? Whats your secret?

I can get up at 4.15, train at 05.00 and then drive home and they are stilling dragging their asses out of bed.

:twitch:
          "Beneath all suffering.........lies the beauty of opportunity"

Comment

2 of them do (middle school) because they have to catch the bus at 6:40 and it takes them 15 minutes to walk down the hill (pretty big hillside that we live on). In fact, my 13 year old daughter usually gets my 11 year old son up. How cool is that?

Skip

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
              2 of them do (middle school) because they have to catch the bus at 6:40 and it takes them 15 minutes to walk down the hill (pretty big hillside that we live on). In fact, my 13 year old daughter usually gets my 11 year old son up. How cool is that?

Skip
              That's awesome right there. My 7 year old usually gets up around 5:30, has breakfast, gets dressed then gets my 9 year old up. My 7 year old has always been an early riser.
              …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Working...
              X