Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q and A with John Meadows (MountainDog1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Q and A with John Meadows (MountainDog1)

    Ask John Meadows questions about nutrition, training, supplementation, etc..

    I will start:

    1. Who is the absolute coolest guy you met while in Cleveland?

    2. Is it true that Skip is darker than you even after you have protan on?

    3. If your wife were to meet me would she find me attractive?

    Skip


    Facebook: Skip Hill
    Instagram: @intensemuscle
    YouTube: TEAMSKIP
    TikTok: @intensemuscle


    For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

    Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

  • #2
    Response

    Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
    Ask John Meadows questions about nutrition, training, supplementation, etc..

    I will start:

    1. Who is the absolute coolest guy you met while in Cleveland?2. Is it true that Skip is darker than you even after you have protan on? 3. If your wife were to meet me would she find me attractive? Skip
    It is a toss up between Skip and the guy who gave me an extra slice of pizza after prejuding as the pizza shop.

    That is 100% fact.

    If she can find me attractive, I would say anything's possible!
    John Meadows
    CSCS, CISSN
    Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
    www.mountaindogdiet.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Mr. Meadows,

      What would you add, if anything, to MG's Powdered Muscle for optimum peri-workout nutrition?
      Also, excellent article yesterday!

      Comment


      • #4
        I have always been a huge fan of yours John, you seem like the nicest guy on the planet. I was wondering what your thought process is for assessing how much volume one needs? I saw Shelby was lifting 6 days per week and is now down to 5, so do you like to push the upper limits of volume and see how a client responds or try to build work capacity through time? By the way, nothing has brought up my lats like a Meadows Row

        Comment


        • #5
          Hey John.. I really appreciate your information and research. It is well though out and it is clear that you place alot of effort into the information you release. T-nation (and every other website) constantly posts articles about low volume or high volume, low frequency or high frequency. Sometimes these articles are back to back... On this website, most advocate very low volume; whereas, you advocate higher volume... especially to fix weakparts (Skip advocates low frequency/volume for weakparts like arms)... how does a reader (especially one without much knowledge of lifting, i.e. most of t-nation's readers) sift through all this information and make sense of all the different view points? I see this as a considerable problem in the industry today. I would just like your view as a respected member of the bodybuilding community and what your opinion is on the extreme differences in viewpoints.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey John

            Will you buy me new work slacks since my legs have gotten to big since I have been working with you?

            Thanks
            Larry

            Also John is the nice man on the planet hands down!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Guys! I will be back in tonight to answer questions ok!!!

              JM
              John Meadows
              CSCS, CISSN
              Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
              www.mountaindogdiet.com

              Comment


              • #8
                For those of us who eat big (i.e. high protein, many meals a day), what do you think is the single biggest change we could make to our diet to improve our overall health?
                Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                kind of a douche

                Comment


                • #9
                  What would your advice be to someone who's chest is lagging in development behind other body parts? I realize you get paid for that, so a generalization is fine if need be...
                  STEEL




                  "SIMPLICITY, CONSISTENCY, INTENSITY"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    First off let me say thank you for all the information you have put out there as it has made me rethink many things I do when it comes to working out.

                    I like many out there have shoulder issues which limits my exercise selection when it comes to doing chest ( no more flat benching, and I keep DB's with a hammer grip as well ) in your opinion what are the best bang for the buck shoulder friendly chest exercises?

                    Comment


                    • #11


                      It's great to have you here doing this Q and A, John. Much appreciated.

                      Skip
                      Originally posted by mountaindog1 View Post
                      It is a toss up between Skip and the guy who gave me an extra slice of pizza after prejuding as the pizza shop.

                      That is 100% fact.

                      If she can find me attractive, I would say anything's possible!


                      Facebook: Skip Hill
                      Instagram: @intensemuscle
                      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                      TikTok: @intensemuscle


                      For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

                      Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Atlas87 View Post
                        Mr. Meadows,

                        What would you add, if anything, to MG's Powdered Muscle for optimum peri-workout nutrition?
                        Also, excellent article yesterday!
                        MG's formula is very well thought out, and nothing is jumping out to me as "missing".

                        JM
                        John Meadows
                        CSCS, CISSN
                        Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
                        www.mountaindogdiet.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by View 1 View Post
                          First off let me say thank you for all the information you have put out there as it has made me rethink many things I do when it comes to working out.

                          I like many out there have shoulder issues which limits my exercise selection when it comes to doing chest ( no more flat benching, and I keep DB's with a hammer grip as well ) in your opinion what are the best bang for the buck shoulder friendly chest exercises?
                          Pec minor dips, reverse band benches (takes pressure off shoulders at the bottom) - those are my top 2...great movements that helped my chest grow alot this offseason and keep my shoulders healthy.

                          JM
                          John Meadows
                          CSCS, CISSN
                          Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
                          www.mountaindogdiet.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by steel1970 View Post
                            What would your advice be to someone who's chest is lagging in development behind other body parts? I realize you get paid for that, so a generalization is fine if need be...
                            First of all - whatever you are doing - I would stop. No matter what it is,, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work......you have to learn to feel the pecs and not let your tendons and ligaments do all the work..does your chest get sore at all without being sore in your joints?

                            JM
                            John Meadows
                            CSCS, CISSN
                            Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
                            www.mountaindogdiet.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                              For those of us who eat big (i.e. high protein, many meals a day), what do you think is the single biggest change we could make to our diet to improve our overall health?
                              Hmmm..that is a great question. I will start with 2. Eliminate HFCS and transfats from your diet. If you already do that...monitor carb intake...don't overeat them and flood your system with glucse and the repeated pancreatic stress of massive insulin dumps (you know, like I did the day of my last show..haha)..well I also have to say use organic sources of fat so your own fat cells don't accumulate as much crap in them...

                              JM
                              John Meadows
                              CSCS, CISSN
                              Creator of the Mountain Dog Diet
                              www.mountaindogdiet.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X